Clarks Desert Boots

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Jared, Jan 8, 2007.

1. somecallmebj

somecallmebj Senior member

Figured I'd throw in my Grey Suede pair since I don't see many pictures of them and the color seems to vary a lot. Or maybe it's just my lighting.

Mine just came in today. I special ordered them from a local Clark's store. Three days shipped for free. I had to size down 1 from my usual in Chucks. Forgive the quality of pictures since I'm inside. I don't know if it's just me, but these are super dark. Pretty much different than the Greys I saw on Zappos (lighter color, different sole). But I still love them nonetheless! I can tell these are gonna be really comfy once they break in.

[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. serguei.ps

serguei.ps Member

guys I need help - I wear Converse Chuck Taylor 8 size and they fits perfect.
    Today i tried DB size 8.5 fit F and they were incredebly tight and small for me...
    I don't have an opportunity to try all sizes (my local CLARKS store has only one pair of DB, and size is 8.5 F)...
    So the question is - what size i should buy to wear them comfortly?
    I think that i will order them via shiekhshoes.com.
    Thanks!

3. melonadejello

melonadejello Senior member

guys I need help - I wear Converse Chuck Taylor 8 size and they fits perfect.
    Today i tried DB size 8.5 fit F and they were incredebly tight and small for me...
    I don't have an opportunity to try all sizes (my local CLARKS store has only one pair of DB, and size is 8.5 F)...
    So the question is - what size i should buy to wear them comfortly?
    I think that i will order them via shiekhshoes.com.
    Thanks!

Get them from Zappos, free return shipping.
    Send them back if they don't fit or, alternatively, just buy two different sizes and keep the one that's more comfortable.

4. serguei.ps

serguei.ps Member

Get them from Zappos, free return shipping.
    Send them back if they don't fit or, alternatively, just buy two different sizes and keep the one that's more comfortable.

shey ship to europe?

5. incastoutcast

incastoutcast Senior member

Figured I'd throw in my Grey Suede pair since I don't see many pictures of them and the color seems to vary a lot. Or maybe it's just my lighting.

Mine just came in today. I special ordered them from a local Clark's store. Three days shipped for free. I had to size down 1 from my usual in Chucks. Forgive the quality of pictures since I'm inside. I don't know if it's just me, but these are super dark. Pretty much different than the Greys I saw on Zappos (lighter color, different sole). But I still love them nonetheless! I can tell these are gonna be really comfy once they break in.

Those look a lot like the blacks I have, actually.

6. melonadejello

melonadejello Senior member

shey ship to europe?
    Oh sorry, I don't believe they do :/ You could order from the Clarks UK site if that's where you are though, they have a much larger selection than any US site. I don't really feel like reading it, but here's their return policy: http://www.clarks.co.uk/HelpandInfo/...eReturnsPolicy I think it's free.
    Yeah those look to be the "smoke grey" rather than the grey....grey...but they look very nice indeed.

7. serguei.ps

serguei.ps Member

Oh sorry, I don't believe they do :/
    You could order from the Clarks UK site if that's where you are though, they have a much larger selection than any US site.
    I don't really feel like reading it, but here's their return policy:
    http://www.clarks.co.uk/HelpandInfo/...eReturnsPolicy
    I think it's free.

Yeah those look to be the "smoke grey" rather than the grey....grey...but they look very nice indeed.

best price with delivery i found in the shiekhshoes - 111 usdollars, so there no problem with delivery...
    main problem now is with size...

8. somecallmebj

somecallmebj Senior member

Those look a lot like the blacks I have, actually.

Yeah, I think you're right on the "Smoke Grey." They definitely look black in the pictures but I blame that on the lighting. When I finally got a look at them outside in the sun today, they're a dark grey, which I think I like more than I would have liked the lighter grey.

Now I want to get a leather beeswax pair to go with it [​IMG]

And just to reiterate: feels like I'm walking on clouds.

9. underwearer

underwearer Senior member

weird Im the same size in chucks and Clarks (8). In fact the Clarks are a tad long.

10. Fiddy

Fiddy Senior member

weird Im the same size in chucks and Clarks (8). In fact the Clarks are a tad long.

Ditto.

8 in Chucks + 8 in Clark's DB

11. underwearer

underwearer Senior member

Ditto.

8 in Chucks + 8 in Clark's DB

and 7.5 in Redwing GT lol

12. constantine.

constantine. Senior member

I just got a pair of Luggers for 60 bucks wuuuut

13. dunelly

dunelly Senior member

how's the quality on the jcrew model? I can get a pair for 60 bucks.

14. Robert

Robert Senior member

Some people will tell you they can't tell much difference. Myself, I'll tell you that I think the J. Crew quality is considerably less. I think they're floppier and I don't like the sole.

Plus there's this. Clarks is more or less the original Desert Boot. The Clarks DB is iconic. Why would you buy a knockoff that (usually) is more expensive--or for that matter only 20 or 30 dollars cheaper? Go for the real thing.

15. torontolaker

torontolaker Senior member

I have the J Crew one and Clarks and I find the J Crew much more comfortable than the Clarks Desert boot... design's very much the same... textile quality wise - the Clarks has a stiffer backing to the suede. construction wise - I find the J Crew one slightly better in some places of the shoe, while Clarks is better in some places. I must note the Clarks heel counter (on the inside isn't very good).