• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Clarks Desert Boots

lemmywinks

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This is the weirdest thread on SF. I always think about buying a pair in Beeswax and then I think of this thread then I'm like hmmmm weird.

anonymouz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jaac

also, do everyones DB's separate, the edges of mine around where the shoe flexes the sole is separating, the stitching is fine but i imagine it takes allot more stress this way, should i shoe glue it back or something?

yeah mine does that too. i was wondering about that a few pages back but no responses

ADDIC

Reaction score
just wash them, i mean i just backpacked in my pair and when i got home i just ran hot water of the suede and scrubbed it abit with a tooth/polishing brush. looked like new when dried.
thank you kindly.

Originally Posted by Riio
sounds like a christmas well spent
smile.gif

haha what can i say.

FrankReynolds

Reaction score
Does anyone have pics with them in the blacks or any of the greys? I just got my beeswax and I immediately want MOAR!!!

jaac

Reaction score
Yeh i find these shoes kinda addicting, bought 1 colour now i when ever i see a fit with another colour i think "man i want those".

Did anyone find any retailers for the Burgundy, davidz has sold out. Either U.K. based shop or intl. shipping.

insideman

Reaction score
Originally Posted by gt33
i like the color, but fear they would look like "ghetto timbs" with jeans

pretty sure theyre the same color as the standard "sand" wallabees, which happen to be a different color than the "sand" desert boots for some reason

snuff_daddy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeh i find these shoes kinda addicting, bought 1 colour now i when ever i see a fit with another colour i think "man i want those".

Did anyone find any retailers for the Burgundy, davidz has sold out. Either U.K. based shop or intl. shipping.

nordstrom has em...u can get someone to proxy i bet

g transistor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I had a bad experience with my pair of beeswax Clark's, but those purple ones almost make me want to get it..

jim_n

Reaction score
Originally Posted by g transistor
I had a bad experience with my pair of beeswax Clark's, but those purple ones almost make me want to get it..

explain

g transistor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The sides started lifting and the stitching actually came off. My feet were never really comfortable in them...they were the only pair of shoes I've had where footsweat was an actualy problem (and it got quite stinky). I dunno...I was overall very underwhelmed by the boots. After tryin AE, Clark's, and Opening Ceremony, I'm kind of burned out on chukkas. I would try Alden if they weren't so pricey.

But godamn do those purple Clark's look good.

robmar19

Reaction score
that kind of happened to my pair of Clark's desert boots too... but maybe not as bad. But makes me think twice when i wear them now. you have to be very careful with them. not as tough as you might think.

snuff_daddy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
a member from sufu used black chelsea leather food on his Clarks Beeswax
20kf41h.jpg
should that keep it black for good?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads