Clarks Desert Boots

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Jared, Jan 8, 2007.

1. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

How does these fit compared to Allen Edmonds? I wear a size 8.5E in AE's, what would be your suggestion for these?

2. jessetk313

jessetk313 Senior member

I wear a 9D in allen edmonds I have. In my clarks desert boot which is beeswax I wear an 8.5 with a little room left over.

3. erdawe

erdawe Senior member

RFX45 I think you'd be fine having an E width for these as the leather can adjust to accommidate the marginal width difference. So get the length right from all the sizing recommendations in this thread and stick with that.

4. bdeuce22

bdeuce22 Senior member

agreed with the above. i am about an 8.5 D/E in allen edmonds and 8.5 desert boots fit just fine.

5. Notreknip

Notreknip Senior member

For what it's worth, I'm a 9D in AE and my grey suede Desert Boots are an 8.5 and are still a touch big for my liking.

6. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

Thanks for the suggestion. I'm kind of confused now though. Do they fit big or wide? Because if it is big length-wise, I might have to go 1/2 a size down like some suggest. However, if it runs wide in width, I guess I can go for my size. What do you guys think?

7. bdeuce22

bdeuce22 Senior member

If I were you I would size down a half. Me being an 8.5 in AEs, I am right between an 8 or 8.5 in the desert boots. I opted for 8.5 though and have been happy with them.

8. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

If I were you I would size down a half. Me being an 8.5 in AEs, I am right between an 8 or 8.5 in the desert boots. I opted for 8.5 though and have been happy with them.

That's a head scratcher. You are suggesting I go a half size down but you were happy with the boots without sizing down? Sorry, I'm just a bit confused.

9. somatoform

somatoform Senior member

Picked up a pair of DB's on sale at Clarks for $70. Size 13, which is a liitle big but 12 was too small. A 12.5 would have been perfect, but 12 and 13 don't come in half-sizes.

pics (crappy lighting):
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. bdeuce22

bdeuce22 Senior member

That's a head scratcher. You are suggesting I go a half size down but you were happy with the boots without sizing down? Sorry, I'm just a bit confused.

on second thought if you are a wide in allen edmonds, you should probably stick with the 8.5

11. JDJ

JDJ Member

Anyone know if the Banana Republic 'Sahara' boot runs a little big like the Clark's?

12. bigbjorn

bigbjorn Senior member

Just another data point: I wear a 9.5D or 9.5E in AE, and my 9.5 Clark Desert Boots fit well.

13. tiecollector

tiecollector Senior member

The sand suede were very difficult to get a hold of in size 9. They actually won't be shipping again until 7/31. So I called a Clarks boutique in San Francisco and they sent the shoes out to me with FREE shipping.

I would have preferred a slightly more brown color but the sand is pretty cool. It goes with the whole desert muted palette I'm going for.

14. somatoform

somatoform Senior member

It's kind of funny that Clarks calls this a sand suede:

[​IMG]

but this is also a sand suede:

[​IMG]

The desert boot is too greyish for me. If it were more like the sand suede of the second pic I would have took it along with my brown suede.

15. tiecollector

tiecollector Senior member

I agree the wallabee color is a little nicer, but the desert boot still isn't bad. Do you think a cobbler could dye the suede?