Clarks Desert Boots

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Jared, Jan 8, 2007.

1. murrayst

murrayst New Member

I'm plannig on getting some beeswax Clarks, those look amazing. I know it's been asked before but what do you people usually wear on the top with them? I mean colour wise, since I've some sand coloured ones and I've been told that they don't look so good with darker shirts and sweaters (dark blue for example). Are there any pics of people actually wearing the beeswax ones?
    Also I've a question regarding sizing, since I live far away I will try to get them on ebay, and I don't owm many american shoes... only some Jack Purcells that are 11 (US). What size Clarks should I get? Thanks

2. justtemple

justtemple Senior member

I'm plannig on getting some beeswax Clarks, those look amazing. I know it's been asked before but what do you people usually wear on the top with them? I mean colour wise, since I've some sand coloured ones and I've been told that they don't look so good with darker shirts and sweaters (dark blue for example). Are there any pics of people actually wearing the beeswax ones?
    Also I've a question regarding sizing, since I live far away I will try to get them on ebay, and I don't owm many american shoes... only some Jack Purcells that are 11 (US). What size Clarks should I get? Thanks

I wear my Beeswax DBs with just about every color imaginable. If you look at some of the late fall through winter WAYWT posts, you'll come across a myriad of great examples. These boots are versatile, so wear what yo want and they are bound to look good.

3. murrayst

murrayst New Member

Thank you. Any ideas on the sizing tho? I've seen that you are suppossed to get 1 size down, but that was in comparison with other boots. My only reference are the purcells or some chucks, so what size should I get? (I'm 11 US in those)
    Thanks in adavance

4. v3l

v3l Senior member

Does Clarks make a color similar to these McAllister boots from J.Crew?
    [​IMG]

5. justtemple

justtemple Senior member

Thank you. Any ideas on the sizing tho? I've seen that you are suppossed to get 1 size down, but that was in comparison with other boots. My only reference are the purcells or some chucks, so what size should I get? (I'm 11 US in those)
    Thanks in adavance

Get an 11.

Does Clarks make a color similar to these McAllister boots from J.Crew?

There's two options that I am going to suggest:

There's the Cola suede which is a UK exclusive but I think Oi Polloi and ASOS both carry them and ship to the US. (I've never ordered anything from Oi Polloi before but I remember someone on this board got hit with customs fees so I'd check into it before ordering from them; I've ordered several things from ASOS and never had an issue)

There are also the Brown suede that's available everywhere online Zappos, Endless, etc. They have a matching sole which I think is [​IMG] at best

The Cola suede I think is the best match but is going to cost a bit to get over here. Good luck with whatever you choose.

6. gt33

gt33 Senior member

anyone have these?

[​IMG]

7. buyer's remorse

buyer's remorse Well-Known Member

do these come in a dressier darker brown leather without contrast stitching and with a dark sole?

8. gt33

gt33 Senior member

do these come in a dressier darker brown leather without contrast stitching and with a dark sole?
    i have seen this exact shoe before once and havent been able to find it since edit- [​IMG]

9. gt33

gt33 Senior member

10. buyer's remorse

buyer's remorse Well-Known Member

i have seen this exact shoe before once and havent been able to find it since
    edit- [​IMG]

this is almost perfect. would be perfect if the sole was black or dark dark brown. might have to settle for this. if anyone knows where we can pick one of these bad boys up, that would be swell.

11. gt33

gt33 Senior member

this is almost perfect. would be perfect if the sole was black or dark dark brown. might have to settle for this. if anyone knows where we can pick one of these bad boys up, that would be swell.

i saw it on the clarks uk site, try there

12. JaPo

JaPo Senior member

camel suede

[​IMG]

They're not Camel Suede. They're lime.

Camel suede, predictably, is a colour similar to a camel.

+ To the person asking about sizes: DON'T buy your normal shoe size. Go half a size/a full size down. I went half a size, and they fit well.

13. gt33

gt33 Senior member

14. fulcrum

fulcrum Member

Dude thats a different color. Completely

15. JO3B

JO3B Senior member

the offical color for those brown leather ones a few posts up is 'oily brown'

that might help with your google searches.

i have a pair i've been wearing for a few years now.