• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Clarks Desert Boots

justtemple

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by murrayst
I'm plannig on getting some beeswax Clarks, those look amazing. I know it's been asked before but what do you people usually wear on the top with them? I mean colour wise, since I've some sand coloured ones and I've been told that they don't look so good with darker shirts and sweaters (dark blue for example). Are there any pics of people actually wearing the beeswax ones?
Also I've a question regarding sizing, since I live far away I will try to get them on ebay, and I don't owm many american shoes... only some Jack Purcells that are 11 (US). What size Clarks should I get? Thanks

I wear my Beeswax DBs with just about every color imaginable. If you look at some of the late fall through winter WAYWT posts, you'll come across a myriad of great examples. These boots are versatile, so wear what yo want and they are bound to look good.

murrayst

Reaction score
Thank you. Any ideas on the sizing tho? I've seen that you are suppossed to get 1 size down, but that was in comparison with other boots. My only reference are the purcells or some chucks, so what size should I get? (I'm 11 US in those)
Thanks in adavance

v3l

Reaction score
Does Clarks make a color similar to these McAllister boots from J.Crew?

justtemple

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by murrayst
Thank you. Any ideas on the sizing tho? I've seen that you are suppossed to get 1 size down, but that was in comparison with other boots. My only reference are the purcells or some chucks, so what size should I get? (I'm 11 US in those)
Thanks in adavance

Get an 11.

Originally Posted by v3l
Does Clarks make a color similar to these McAllister boots from J.Crew?

There's two options that I am going to suggest:

There's the Cola suede which is a UK exclusive but I think Oi Polloi and ASOS both carry them and ship to the US. (I've never ordered anything from Oi Polloi before but I remember someone on this board got hit with customs fees so I'd check into it before ordering from them; I've ordered several things from ASOS and never had an issue)

There are also the Brown suede that's available everywhere online Zappos, Endless, etc. They have a matching sole which I think is
confused.gif
at best

The Cola suede I think is the best match but is going to cost a bit to get over here. Good luck with whatever you choose.

buyer's remorse

Reaction score
do these come in a dressier darker brown leather without contrast stitching and with a dark sole?

gt33

Reaction score
Originally Posted by buyer's remorse
do these come in a dressier darker brown leather without contrast stitching and with a dark sole?
i have seen this exact shoe before once and havent been able to find it since edit-
20318797_A_p.jpg

buyer's remorse

Reaction score
Originally Posted by gt33
i have seen this exact shoe before once and havent been able to find it since
edit-
20318797_A_p.jpg

this is almost perfect. would be perfect if the sole was black or dark dark brown. might have to settle for this. if anyone knows where we can pick one of these bad boys up, that would be swell.

gt33

Reaction score
Originally Posted by buyer's remorse
this is almost perfect. would be perfect if the sole was black or dark dark brown. might have to settle for this. if anyone knows where we can pick one of these bad boys up, that would be swell.

i saw it on the clarks uk site, try there

JaPo

Reaction score
Originally Posted by gt33
camel suede

g0_clarks_men_desert_boot_camelsuede.jpg

They're not Camel Suede. They're lime.

Camel suede, predictably, is a colour similar to a camel.

+ To the person asking about sizes: DON'T buy your normal shoe size. Go half a size/a full size down. I went half a size, and they fit well.

JO3B

Reaction score
the offical color for those brown leather ones a few posts up is 'oily brown'

that might help with your google searches.

i have a pair i've been wearing for a few years now.

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
I'm looking for suggestions on which model of desert boot will have the softest sole, making the least amount of noise when quietly sneaking up on a victim from behind. Can somebody help me out?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads