Clarks Desert Boots

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Jared, Jan 8, 2007.

1. Kregg

Kregg Senior member

fuck yeahhhh, im so stoked. I just scored some of the Opening Ceremony Desert Boots in Black with contrast sole. IVE WANTED THESE BABIES FOR SO LONG AND I FINALLY FOUND Size 12. I would have preferred the brown leather or burgundy, but I guess this will have to do. is anyone else as excited as me? hahah! woo

[​IMG]

How do they fit and how much were they?

2. Kent Money

Kent Money Senior member

i havnt received them yet but I dropped $223 on them at some Swedish mailorder. free shipping, no tax, I think it was a decent deal. I think this is the most I have ever spent on an article of clothing.

worth it, i hope

3. Kent Money

Kent Money Senior member

updizzle!

I got them today and they are everything I hoped for. Size 12US typically fits me like a glove and this is probably the best, most perfect fitting 12 I have.

and it took only like 3 days to get here from sweden!

4. hamish5178

hamish5178 Senior member

Completely, 100% agree. Once I go back home, I'm planning to chop the heel off my Clarks so they look more like my OCs. [​IMG]

Would that actually work? Post pics if you really do it.

5. Robert

Robert Senior member

Can't believe how much my Wolf suedes have darkened up with just a little wear. When I bought them the brown was so light that it almost seemed pink. It's now much more of a sort of coffee brown.

6. Robert

Robert Senior member

imo, hazarding a guess, I would say it would not. I think it would throw off the support and comfort of the shoe, not to mention the look. Plus what a lot of work--why bother?

7. snuff_daddy

snuff_daddy Senior member

eastbay has 30% off orders 99.00+ for memorial day

they carry 3 styles of clarks DB

8. raginberriodoom

raginberriodoom Senior member

I am still contemplating about doing it, since I don't feel like the heel really adds any comfort to the boots.

If you are looking for pics, look through itsmedeka's sales threads, and he was selling a pair of desert boots with the heel chopped off, which was done by farmer.

9. Robert

Robert Senior member

I am still contemplating about doing it, since I don't feel like the heel really adds any comfort to the boots.

If you are looking for pics, look through itsmedeka's sales threads, and he was selling a pair of desert boots with the heel chopped off, which was done by farmer.

Saw those pics, and sorry, I thought it looked weird.

10. v3l

v3l Senior member

If anyone's interested, Foot Locker has Clarks DB in Sand Suede for $47.99. They have them in black and brown too, but those aren't on sale. I just ordered a pair with the coupon code URLFLFFY for 30% off, and they ended up costing me $43.53 with tax and shipping.

11. Robert

Robert Senior member

Footlocker!? Fuck, now we know this trend has had its day.

12. WE350B

WE350B Well-Known Member

If anyone's interested, Foot Locker has Clarks DB in Sand Suede for $47.99. They have them in black and brown too, but those aren't on sale. I just ordered a pair with the coupon code URLFLFFY for 30% off, and they ended up costing me $43.53 with tax and shipping.

^^thanks a bunch dood. just got me a pair to join my beeswax. $40 and change, can't beat that.

btw robert, i think they only sell the db's online, not at the stores, if you're worried about their "cache" (even then, too late for that, i think.)

13. raginberriodoom

raginberriodoom Senior member

Saw those pics, and sorry, I thought it looked weird.

Eh, I thought they looked good. I am afraid of doing an uneven chop though.

Footlocker!? Fuck, now we know this trend has had its day.

Although desert boots have been marketed everywhere, I haven't seen them on the streets very much at all.

14. Robert

Robert Senior member

^^thanks a bunch dood. just got me a pair to join my beeswax. $40 and change, can't beat that.

btw robert, i think they only sell the db's online, not at the stores, if you're worried about their "cache" (even then, too late for that, i think.)

OK, I feel better then. Just don't wanna be too identified with the stirp-mall crowd, ya know.

15. hnlax

hnlax Senior member

Although desert boots have been marketed everywhere, I haven't seen them on the streets very much at all.

agreed. for all of the mannequins that they're on in stores and the amount that magazines and websites cover them, i honestly have not seen anyone wearing a pair of desert boots, and i live in la.

maybe i just don't go shopping enough...but i do go to usc, and you would have figured preps are the crowd that would embrace desert boots most.