Clarks Desert Boots

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Jared, Jan 8, 2007.

1. JaPo

JaPo Senior member

I bought a pair of Camel suede DB's recently, discounted, and decided I don't like them all too much. Plus, I hear that the indigo from unwashed jeans murders them. I tried the old taking the incriminating stickers off the box and exchanging them at a totally different shop, claiming they were an unwanted gift from my grandma. They were just doing the barcodes for my new pair of brown ones when they cottoned on the shop didn't even stock the same model. When asked "Are you sure she got them from here?" I genuinely considered saying that my grandmother had passed away, but quickly came to the conclusion I'd never sink that low. So I left the shop bootless and heartbroken. Suffice to say, I gagged the assistant and the establishment was torched within the next five minutes. Now I've gotta return the fucking boots and waste more £s on postage. Oh what strife.

2. gabby11303

gabby11303 Senior member

How do you protect your seude desert boots? Can somebody recommend a spray or something else?

3. Robert

Robert Senior member

decon ant & wasp killer spray

4. skunkworks

skunkworks Senior member

Sorry homies but they're not really worth protecting. Spray them with some waterproof leather treatment -- brush them with a suede brush if you want, too -- but the indigo stains, scuffing, etc. are to be embraced. These aren't elegant shoes.

5. Robert

Robert Senior member

They're worth protecting against water damage, hence a good suede protectant spray before you wear them the first time. Beyond that, yeah, they look nicer if you let them age through normal wear and tear.

6. Seagram

Seagram Member

My boots were a little too loose in the heel area as some other people have mentioned. I fixed them by punching new lace holes higher up on the boot, and that helped snug them up a bit. Much more comfortable now.

7. itsmedeka

itsmedeka Senior member

8. Yardsale

Yardsale Senior member

what are these called and where to buy? seem like the typical chukka/desert boot but i can't find a place that sells all these colors [​IMG]

9. BrooklynHighpost

BrooklynHighpost Senior member

what are these called and where to buy? seem like the typical chukka/desert boot but i can't find a place that sells all these colors

[​IMG]

Clark's UK site

10. TyCooN

TyCooN Senior member

11. Happenstance

Happenstance Active Member

About how long did it take you all for your feet to get acclimated to desert boots? I just got some in Wolf Suede and even though they feel fine size-wise, they are slightly uncomfortable in the heal area and where the top of the boot meets my ankle. I'm guessing that as with some other shoes, it'll take me some time to get used to these.

I had this problem the first time I wore mine - they rubbed really badly on my right inside heel to the extent I got quite a big blister there. I put it down to the fact that I'd stupidly worn some quite fine cotton socks instead of thicker ones for the first couple of wears.

12. DocHunter

DocHunter Senior member

I'm looking to pick up a pair of wolf suede. Anyone know where I can score a deal on them? I know a few places that carry them, but they all sell them for the standard $90. Anyone selling them for less than that?

13. JKISSI

JKISSI Senior member

what are these called and where to buy? seem like the typical chukka/desert boot but i can't find a place that sells all these colors

[​IMG]

Hey Yardsale,

I have only seen these colors floating around on ebay, maybe it was on the clarks.uk site at one point though.

14. bassmanpatsfan18

bassmanpatsfan18 Senior member

I had this problem the first time I wore mine - they rubbed really badly on my right inside heel to the extent I got quite a big blister there. I put it down to the fact that I'd stupidly worn some quite fine cotton socks instead of thicker ones for the first couple of wears.

Yeah, I've been wearing mine with thick socks. I actually just put some inserts in my boots the other day and now they are perfectly comfortable.

15. raginberriodoom

raginberriodoom Senior member

[​IMG]

I like those laces better than the ones that originally come with Clarks.