Clarks Desert Boots

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Jared, Jan 8, 2007.

1. iwhelan

iwhelan Senior member

About how long did it take you all for your feet to get acclimated to desert boots? I just got some in Wolf Suede and even though they feel fine size-wise, they are slightly uncomfortable in the heal area and where the top of the boot meets my ankle. I'm guessing that as with some other shoes, it'll take me some time to get used to these.

My desert boots fit like a glove from day one. They're more comfortable than some sneakers even.

Are you wearing ankle socks? Is the top of the boot rubbing your skin? That might be the problem.

2. benchan

benchan Senior member

They are more comfortable than dress shoes perhaps, but not sneakers in my view. Idon't kwno if any one of your wear Clakrs Natalie before, those are much more comfrtable than Desert boot.

The top of my ankle doesn't feel too good at the beginning at well, but it gets better after the leather soften up and conform to your shape a bit.

3. keikun13

keikun13 Senior member

When will they release the "Point taken" version of the desert boot in the US?

I'm waiting for these as well.

4. snuff_daddy

snuff_daddy Senior member

fuck i wish there was this demand for point takens...when i sold mine for cheap back in DEC

5. Robert

Robert Senior member

My Clarks DBs are the most comfortable shoe I've ever worn, including sneakers. I have 4 pairs that I switch between during the work week. Just to change up, I sometimes wear my Sperrys or JPs on weekends, and when I do often just find I wish I were wearing my Clarks instead.

6. bassmanpatsfan18

bassmanpatsfan18 Senior member

My desert boots fit like a glove from day one. They're more comfortable than some sneakers even.

Are you wearing ankle socks? Is the top of the boot rubbing your skin? That might be the problem.

No, I've been wearing full-length socks. They're really not that uncomfortable and I'm sure that if I stick it out I'll get used to them. I was just wondering if anyone else has had a similar experience.

7. itsjustadrian

itsjustadrian Senior member

8. vvoc

vvoc Senior member

9. justtemple

justtemple Senior member

fuck i wish there was this demand for point takens...when i sold mine for cheap back in DEC

I couldn't disagree more [​IMG]

10. Racove

Racove Senior member

those hemp boots look pretty sweet if not for the logo. they probably breathe well. a nice casual upgrade from canvas sneakers for the summer months.

11. manupod

manupod Member

Damn, I'm retarded.

Bought size 13 in the brown suede. Wore them ONCE, the soles got a little color, and they're too big. Ugh.

PM me if you're interested. Worn for about 2 hours, but I don't think I can return them because the light bottoms are a little darker. UGH

12. justtemple

justtemple Senior member

Damn, I'm retarded.

Bought size 13 in the brown suede. Wore them ONCE, the soles got a little color, and they're too big. Ugh.

PM me if you're interested. Worn for about 2 hours, but I don't think I can return them because the light bottoms are a little darker. UGH

I read somewhere around here (more than likely, this thread) that Clarks has the most lax return policy ever and I think whomever returned their's described the condition of the shoes as worst than what you are describing.

If anybody can confirm that I just didn't make all of that up by all means chime in.

13. manupod

manupod Member

Oh, that's awesome. I bought them online though (shoebuy.com) if that makes a differnce.

There's a Clark's store here in the Mall of America, I was thinking of going there and trying to swap sizes, saying I bought them there but didn't have the recepit or something.

14. justtemple

justtemple Senior member

Yeah, IIRC, they were returned to a Clarks store but I have no clue wether they were bought there; if the guy had a receipt; etc.

15. wahwho11

wahwho11 Senior member

they will probably ask when you bought em so they can check their system if you bought em there.