• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Clark's Desert Boots - Color?

Which Color DB's?

• Sand Suede

Votes: 9 56.3%
  • Navy Suede

Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Other

Votes: 4 25.0%

• Total voters

BuffaloWang

Reaction score
Looking for good versatility. First pair of DB's.

Sand Suede:

Navy Suede:

Or other colors. Thanks!

BuffaloWang

Reaction score
Need some color opinions!

mattt

Reaction score
Yeah theres a thread for this... But anyways, sand is probably more versatile since they look pretty good with indigo jeans while with the navy you'd probably have to pair them with lighter colored pants. There are better options though, my first and only dbs were sand and while they served well they're not really that great.

Last edited:

BuffaloWang

Reaction score

Yeah theres a thread for this... But anyways, sand is probably more versatile since they look pretty good with indigo jeans while with the navy you'd probably have to pair them with lighter colored pants. There are better options though, my first and only dbs were sand and they're not really that great.

Oops.
What better options are there do you think?
  • Grey Distressed
    Navy
    Sand
    Beeswax

And also anywhere to keep an eye out for sales?

Last edited:

TyCooN

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Looking for good versatility. First pair of DB's.

Sand Suede:

Navy Suede:

Or other colors. Thanks!

I like the navy. Sand Suede is so boring. Do you wear Black jeans or anything other than blue jeans frequently?

BuffaloWang

Reaction score
Thanks for link mattt
I don't wear black jeans often and only own one pair. Usually indigos.

Navy and gray for the more "non-boring" colors. And then probably some sort of leather, brown, or sand for the "normal". Only buying one pair of Clark's for now, so I want them to be pretty versatile. If I like them, then I can get different color ones.

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I'd go for taupe suede

lemmywinks

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There really is no wrong answer. It's a relatively small investment compared to other footwear. Just order the color that has the best deal available and you're gold.

jimmyfingers

Reaction score

Oops.
What better options are there do you think?
  • Grey Distressed
    Navy
    Sand
    Beeswax

And also anywhere to keep an eye out for sales?

Check the web regularly. I just bought another pair of beeswax DB for around 65 dollars shipped at shoebuy.com . Banana Republic also has 40% off sales.
IMO they aren't worth full asking price. 70 dollars is a good price. I tend to wear out the crepe sole very fast. I also walk everywhere.

BuffaloWang

Reaction score
Alright. I'll just keep an eye out for all these colors then and just get whatever color I like that's cheap

Anyone else got any websites that I could keep an eye out for sales and discounts?

I'd go for taupe suede

That's actually a nice color. I think I'll either go for these, sand, or beeswax for the "browner colors"
Then Navy and Grey Distressed.

Last edited:

Froosh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'll put in my opinion and say Oakwood, I think they look much better and are more versatile than sand.

Rivey

Reaction score
You should buy both. If you're into desert boots you're going to end up owning multiple pairs anyway.

BuffaloWang

Reaction score

I'll put in my opinion and say Oakwood, I think they look much better and are more versatile than sand.

Thanks! After comparing, I do agree.

Grey Distressed
Navy
Oakwood (Suede?)

I think that I'll take out Beeswax. Don't think it'll work too well in a high school environment. After looking at the Taupe Suede again, not feeling it.

Now it's just Gray Distressed vs Navy

You should buy both. If you're into desert boots you're going to end up owning multiple pairs anyway.

You are prob right. What I'm doing is purchasing my first ones. If I do like them, then yes I will prob end up with multiple pairs.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads