• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Clark's Desert Boots (Black Suede and Black Leather) - Comments + Questions

bjornb17

Reaction score
I ordered two pairs of clark desert boots - one in black suede and one in black leather. The black leather ones are crap... leather looks to be of poor quality (leather feels gummy) and for some reason it is MUCH bigger on my foot than the suede one of the same size.... definitely going to return those.

The black suede ones appear to be much nicer... they fit well and look pretty good. The only problem is that they are a bit stark. What are your opinions on wearing them with jeans... especially jeans that are more grayish or indigo in color.

Thanks!

JapanAlex01

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, grey would work. I would wear them with black primarily, though! Might work with light blue/white striped shorts or something? All black would look slick, though.

FWIW, I hate all the Clarks desert boots aside from the suede ones. Yes, including beeswax.
foo.gif

meso

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Why do people think wearing shoes/boots with jeans is so transgressive?
Let me put it this way - why would you somehow not be permitted to wear black shoes with jeans?

bjornb17

Reaction score
Originally Posted by meso
Why do people think wearing shoes/boots with jeans is so transgressive?
Let me put it this way - why would you somehow not be permitted to wear black shoes with jeans?

I'm not concerned about wearing either boots or black with jeans, i've done both... just trying to get input on what the best color combo is, and specifically if there is anything specific to consider in regards to the Clark's.

meso

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bjornb17
I'm not concerned about wearing either boots or black with jeans

Originally Posted by bjornb17
The black suede ones appear to be much nicer... What are your opinions on wearing them with jeans.

confused.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads