• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

    Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

    Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Clae Shoes

A.L.Z.

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 22, 2008
Messages
383
Reaction score
1
Anyone have experience with them? What's the quality like? Materials and construction? is it made in china or made in vietnam over-priced junk? Or comparable to yuketens and the like?

any advice gratefully appreciated.
 

KeepItCln

New Member
Joined
Nov 8, 2010
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Made in China assembled in Korea. Shoes are great considering they are typically marked below retail.
 

A.L.Z.

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 22, 2008
Messages
383
Reaction score
1
Originally Posted by MSSneaker
LOL.

I actually like Clae for Sneakers, they are made well, have clean lines without logos, and stand up to longterm wear...but are you really asking if they are comparable to Yuketen?


yes, that's what i asked...since that's what my gift certificate giver told me.

i guess not.
 

whatever123

Distinguished Member
Joined
Mar 6, 2010
Messages
4,151
Reaction score
50
Originally Posted by A.L.Z.
Anyone have experience with them? What's the quality like? Materials and construction? is it made in china or made in vietnam over-priced junk? Or comparable to yuketens and the like?

any advice gratefully appreciated.


no, they are not comparable to yuketens. well, no more then a ford is comparable to a porsche.

your really not even comparing the same thing buddy
 

A.L.Z.

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 22, 2008
Messages
383
Reaction score
1
Originally Posted by whatever123
no, they are not comparable to yuketens. well, no more then a ford is comparable to a porsche.

your really not even comparing the same thing buddy



you seem informed...can you enlighten me a little futher please? what do you mean, not comparing the same thing?
 

forStyle

Well-Known Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2010
Messages
82
Reaction score
0
I got a pair of clae diego. very comfortable inside. soft and cushioned.

The shoes' bottoms are marked by L and R.
 

cowsareforeating

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 8, 2010
Messages
648
Reaction score
197
yuketens are considered one of the best hand-made leather shoe companies at the moment. at least for traditional boots and the such... and are priced accordingly at ~300 and up

clae.. yeah.
i dont know much about clae, but they're not hand made or made in the us, nor do they use super high quality leather.. etc etc etc
 

whatever123

Distinguished Member
Joined
Mar 6, 2010
Messages
4,151
Reaction score
50
Originally Posted by A.L.Z.
you seem informed...can you enlighten me a little futher please? what do you mean, not comparing the same thing?
yuketens are unique from other shoe makers in many respects. first, many yuketens are made using a very unique shoe making technique that few people use these days because its very time consuming. second, the designs are made out of very high quality leather(s), which not only last a long time and very durable but also get better with wear. yuketens are designed for the user to wear for many years. third, most of his shoes have a stitched sole, which is rare in a typical lace-up. these are just a few things that make them unique. you have quoddy, oak street bootmakers as well as a handful of other companies that use this same type of shoe making process. im sure clae's are great shoes but they use different shoe making processes.
 

whatever123

Distinguished Member
Joined
Mar 6, 2010
Messages
4,151
Reaction score
50
Originally Posted by cowsareforeating
yuketens are considered one of the best hand-made leather shoe companies at the moment. at least for traditional boots and the such... and are priced accordingly at ~300 and up clae.. yeah. i dont know much about clae, but they're not hand made or made in the us, nor do they use super high quality leather.. etc etc etc
i would agree they are one of the better companies that produce this type of footwear ... along with quoddy and oak street bootmakers.
 

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

  • 1 - 4

    Votes: 7 3.5%
  • 5 - 10

    Votes: 31 15.4%
  • 11 - 20

    Votes: 57 28.4%
  • 21 - 30

    Votes: 44 21.9%
  • 31 - 40

    Votes: 16 8.0%
  • 41 - 50

    Votes: 13 6.5%
  • 51 - 60

    Votes: 7 3.5%
  • 61 - 70

    Votes: 2 1.0%
  • 71 - 80

    Votes: 10 5.0%
  • 81 - 90

    Votes: 2 1.0%
  • 91 - 100

    Votes: 1 0.5%
  • 100+

    Votes: 11 5.5%

Related Threads

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
427,314
Messages
9,196,850
Members
193,153
Latest member
mati69

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Top