Cladmen closing down after 6 months

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by millionaire75, Feb 3, 2012.

1. stevent

stevent Senior member

Called them to ask about 25% off. They said if it shows up when you click checkout then it is, otherwise it's not. Walkovers would have been a steal at $70

2. CousinDonuts

CousinDonuts Senior member

Not surprising that Clad is shutting down. Just compare it to Park & Bond. P&B has a clean white background with pops of color that draw your eye. It is bright and cheery. clad went with the dark theme that makes all of the clothes seem almost dreary. to the masses, presentation is huge.

3. JubeiSpiegel

JubeiSpiegel Senior member

That and there is little to no information on product sizing and quality. Hard to take the leap when you are unsure what they are selling. If their website was not plugged by many members here, I would not have gambled on it.

4. B|aze

B|aze Senior member

No international shipping :(

5. jrd617

jrd617 Senior member

Kind of bummed I never had a chance to buy the 38R Caruso. Smallest size at the time was a 40R.

6. polarcreamsoda

polarcreamsoda Senior member

i picked up the bally cripto suede loafers during the sale. just received it in the mail today. i think its a very good looking shoe. quality isnt super crazy but for about 135 shipped, it was a good buy. much better than a pair of cole haans for the same amount of money.

what is the consensus on bally shoes on SF anyways? its never really spoken of on these forums.

7. stevent

stevent Senior member

I was considering them but they looked like a glue job. Got a pair of Billy Reid ones instead

8. patrick_b

patrick_b Senior member

I was looking at those as well. I could use a pair of lightweight driving style mocs/loafers. They are great travel shoes. Anybody know anything about these York Suede Driving Moc by FRATELLI ROSSETTI? Marked down from $295.00 to $99.90.

9. JubeiSpiegel

Most websites don't cater to wide footed gents, so online shoe shopping is never an option for me. A shame, some of those loafers looked great for the price.

10. patrick_b

patrick_b Senior member

I feel your pain. I'm between a D and E but even that slight variation has caused me headaches in ordering shoes.

11. hpreston

hpreston Senior member

I totally agree. I gambled on a couple of items, and even called to talk to a CS rep to get more sizing info, and he told me blatantly wrong info. At least the return shipping is free.

FWIW, I picked up the Caruso travel blazer, and it is super nice, although the inside pockets are a bit weird, there are two very large pockets, below where the normal interior pockets are, that are only attached at the top, and zippered, so the bulk of the pocket sort of flaps around, not a big deal, but weird. Otherwise it's a nice piece, and definitely worth the sale price.

The other item I gambled on was a pair of Hickey Freeman flannel trousers, these are super nice, and are %95 wool, %5 cashmere, and are mainline HF, the fabric content was nowhere to be found on the website. These were the wrong size based upon my conversation with CS, they told me that the HF pant were suit sized, drop 6, so a 42 is actually a 36 waist, incorrect, 42, is really 42 waist, so back they went, good thing they had my size still in stock

12. saint

saint Senior member

Received my FR dbl monks from Clad, they are much less blobby irl than in the pics on the website. They are Goodyear welted, have channeled leather soles and are very well-made. For $170 all-in they are a steal.

13. JubeiSpiegel

Sounds like a great kop, it's a shame they took off the extra 25% off. Would have bought more if they had left it... :(

14. danzein

danzein New Member

15. stevent

stevent Senior member

FEBFAMILY gives you 25%