• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

CL63 vs M6 vs R8 vs 911 vs V8 Vantage vs Granturismo

dcg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My order of preference would be:

Hardtop Vantage
911 Turbo
R8
Maser
CL63
M6

epb

Reaction score
Originally Posted by chrisjustinparr
I thought that was the worst part about the R8

To me, Audi's on a roll as far as design goes, especially their interiors.

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I've driven the M6 and the Maserati. The M6 is horribly overpriced for what it is. It drove like an M5 and handled like an M3. The one I was in was suped up with 20's and some other extra cool ****. I wouldn't get anywhere near that car for 100large. The Maserati had the nicest interior of any car I've ever been in. Maroon leather and excellent styling. Didn't really have a chance to let it out but it drove pretty smoothly in the few drives I took in it.

If I wanted to race, I'd go with the GT3. To drive, the Aston in a heartbeat. That car is just drop dead gorgeous.

Mr.Pinchy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by epb
To me, Audi's on a roll as far as design goes, especially their interiors.
Meh I think the LED light trend that Audi started is overdone and the big carbon fiber bits on the inside and out don't really impress me. That being said out of BMW, MB and Audi, Audi has traditionally been the least powered but most tastefully understated - and that was a nice position. I think they're going outside where they're supposed to be with the R8.

turboman808

Reaction score
Hands down the V8 Vantage is the sexiest thing on 4 wheels. If I had to choose from that list that would be my choice.

However there is one issue and it's the one I am wrestling with right now.

The problem is the 2010 Jaguar XKR. It's only $95k and will blow the doors off every single one of those cars except possibly the 911 turbo. If only I wanted a 911 turbo it would be an easy answer.

The V8 Vantage is basically a uprate Jaguar XKR. However until Aston starts using the new drivetrain there is really no point in buying the Aston right now. Sure on the outside the Aston is sexier. From the drivers seat the jag looks better and my lord it is so much faster and easy to drive.

So now the question is, will Aston even upgrade the V8 Vantage? If they did it would be just as fast as the DB9 and Vanquish. So that would require them to upgrade the whole range. Boy Jaguar is really a thorn in Astons side at the moment.

Also with Paramount Performance $7k upgrade for the XKR you now have 600hp. For under 110 grand you got a luxury GT car that can beat a ZR1 and destroy the 911 turbo.

http://www.paramount-performance.com...nversions.html

For now I am just gonna wait and see what Aston does.

Roikins

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by turboman808
Hands down the V8 Vantage is the sexiest thing on 4 wheels. If I had to choose from that list that would be my choice.

So now the question is, will Aston even upgrade the V8 Vantage? If they did it would be just as fast as the DB9 and Vanquish. So that would require them to upgrade the whole range. Boy Jaguar is really a thorn in Astons side at the moment.

Also with Paramount Performance $7k upgrade for the XKR you now have 600hp. For under 110 grand you got a luxury GT car that can beat a ZR1 and destroy the 911 turbo.

For now I am just gonna wait and see what Aston does.

They have that new V12 Vantage... or you can go to ESX in Santa Monica and slap on a supercharger to the V8 Vantage for and extra 150+HP.
devil.gif

turboman808

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Roikins
They have that new V12 Vantage... or you can go to ESX in Santa Monica and slap on a supercharger to the V8 Vantage for and extra 150+HP.
devil.gif

As see now your making it even more complicated for me LOL

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 83 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 85 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.1%

Forum statistics

Threads