• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

CL63 vs M6 vs R8 vs 911 vs V8 Vantage vs Granturismo

dcg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chrisjustinparr
But should we want a more track oriented car in a touring coupe/roadster comparison? I mean, is the ride quality compromised by the track orientation?

Yes. The Turbo is borderline as a tourer; GT3 is definitely out.

But I happen to like that sort of ride "quality."

Alias

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'd get the 911 Turbo and fulfill the price requirement by adding options such as "air conditioner vents painted black" for $2000.

Then I'd set it on fire.

Chiaroscuro

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Even though the turbo is not a GT, I would take it over all these other cars. The engine is amazing, the interior is top of the line, the performance is superb, the name has extreme recognition (more people know what a 911 is than any of the other cars), and iconic timeless design. I cant wait for the day that I have enough money to buy even a used early model turbo. Yes i am a fanboy.

DNW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've always thought that after I make my first million, I'll go straight to a Porsche dealer and get a GT2. The Turbo is too bloated, and I'd get myself killed on the way home in a GT3.

Brian278

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dcg
Yes. The Turbo is borderline as a tourer; GT3 is definitely out.

But I happen to like that sort of ride "quality."

The GT3 is not so extreme you couldn't drive it everyday, if you're OK with not getting the absolute plushest ride possible.

Key factors for choosing the GT3 over the Turbo, for me, included it being a) rear-wheel drive (vs. the Turbo all-wheel) and b) naturally-aspirated. These are preferred characteristics for a sports car for me.

A Y

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DarkNWorn
I've always thought that after I make my first million, I'll go straight to a Porsche dealer and get a GT2. The Turbo is too bloated, and I'd get myself killed on the way home in a GT3.

I think the GT2 will kill you faster than the GT3.

FWIW, I picked the R8 in the poll.

--Andre

DNW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by A Y
I think the GT2 will kill you faster than the GT3.

FWIW, I picked the R8 in the poll.

--Andre

Why do you say that?

A Y

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
GT2 uses the higher-powered and -torqued turbo engine, except it makes more power and torque than the Turbo, has a less forgiving suspension, and only drives the rear wheels. There was a rumor that the current GT2 was delayed because Porsche was trying to figure out how to get the power to the ground without doing burn-outs.

--Andre

Germanicus

Reaction score
If I had to chose from the 6, the Turbo would most likely be my choice. Both a GT and a sportscar. The other's all have their flaws.

Mr.Pinchy

Reaction score
I didn't mention that I'd take the Vantage roadster even though it may be the slowest or worst at the track. Just because it's so beautiful inside (something the Maserati isn't) and out, the presence and the exclusivity of the Vantage. It seems to have the most manners too.

paegk

Reaction score
Aston or the Audi but most likely the Aston

epb

Reaction score
I selected against the 997 and CL63 because I'd never get to use their abilties often enough in the US. The Maserati needss to lose the portholes. Between the Vantage, R8, and M6, the Vantage will have higher service costs, while the R8 and M6 are just expensive for mainstream brands. So, the R8 wins for it's overall design and more sporting drive, despite neither being much faster than my M Coupe.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 38.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.1%

Forum statistics

Threads