• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

CJ Pembroke

intfxdx

Reaction score
Hello everybody, i am thinking to buy a CJ Pembroke, burgundy, (style is similar to RL Darlton, right ?), i found them on plal.com and pediwear. Which store you think better ? I am in switzerland so in either store i will have to pay taxes but, it seems to me that tax level is almost same in switzerland and UK, nearly 8 %.
I already posted a thread for asking which shoes to buy, i was not thinking to spend to much but finally decided to pay 310 gbp but get a good shoes. Do you think that Pembroke is a good choice for chinos ? Thanks

aj_del

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^ I have bought several CJs from Bodiley's and Pediwear but never from P.Lal. I dont think they are any cheaper than the UK guys after adding in shipping. I believe that they offered free shipping to US so at one time (or maybe today as well) they might have been cheaper for customer based in the US.

They work quite well with chinos and jeans. NewYorkRanger has a pair and wears them quite regularly. You can find his pics in the WAYWRN.

CashmereLover

Reaction score
Hi,

Pediwear is a great dealer as far as I concern, not the least if you live in EU.

Sure, great shoes with chinos!

TheChefs

Reaction score
I've used pediwear and I like them since on the shipments to Australia they under declare the values of the shoes. I'm not sure if they will do that for EU orders... you might want to email and ask them, since that way you will pay less tax.

aj_del

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^ They generally declare around 60 GBP in order to avoid the package getting held up in customs. They must have a separate insurance or something for goods lost in transit above and beyond what they might be buying from RM.

Plestor

Reaction score
Originally Posted by TheChefs
I've used pediwear and I like them since on the shipments to Australia they under declare the values of the shoes. I'm not sure if they will do that for EU orders... you might want to email and ask them, since that way you will pay less tax.
You can import 1k aud worth of goods before getting taxed (often more I had a ~6k audio order that shipped through fine)... what are you getting that costs MORE than that?

TheChefs

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Plestor
You can import 1k aud worth of goods before getting taxed (often more I had a ~6k audio order that shipped through fine)... what are you getting that costs MORE than that?

I know the 1k import rule, all you need to do is get 2 pairs of c&j handgrades with shoe trees to go over it.

intfxdx

Reaction score
Thanks guys, you are always helpful. I am going to e-mail to Pediwear for declaring sth like 30 gbp (because even with 60 gbp i will have to pay taxes + fees, fees are somewhat high. but 60 gbp is also good)
I hesitated between pembroke and cardiff but finally it seems to me that pembroke is better for what i am looking for, i.e wearing with chinos and other RL corduroy pants etc. pembroke seems to me more similar to darlton than cardiff. Unfortunately i can't find none of these shoes here in switzerland for trying.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads