1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 11: Any Three (3) Customized Ties from Vanda Fine Clothing

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 11th auction of the year is for any three customized ties from Vanda Fine Clothing. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

CJ& Handgrade Sizing - 13D US

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by cloud9eleet, May 3, 2005.

1. cloud9eleet

cloud9eleet Senior Member

So from reading the forum it looks like if I want handgrade C&J's I would need to order 12.5 in UK sizing, bad thing is they are not offered in anything over 12UK. Whats a guy to do? Move on to E. Green?

2. drljva

drljva Senior Member

If you're a 13D US (as I am), the 12UK should fit you fine. I don't have experience with C&J -- though I'm tempted to try the Weymouth. :)

3. Concordia

Concordia Distinguished Member Dubiously Honored

4. cloud9eleet

cloud9eleet Senior Member

Interesting link on Ben Silver, are these sizes US sizes? I wonder why I was told from PLAL that UK12 is the largest size offered? Regarding going with UK12, from reading here it looks like the handgrades fit a bit more snug than the benchgrade, hence the need for 12.5UK.

Thoughts?

5. dah328

dah328 Distinguished Member

Ben Silver sizes are US.  Although C&J may make certain larger sizes for Ben Silver, they may not have them available as part of their regular line from which Plal orders.

I don't know much about the larger sizes.  I do know that most people in the 8-9 size range agree that a C&J handgrade in size UK 8E is approximately equal to an Allen Edmonds in US 8.5D to use AE as a well-known US size.

dan

6. Keith T

Keith T TWAT Master.

Somewhat related question, on the Ben Silver C&J derbys pictured here: http://www.bensilver.com/fs_stor....group=1 Why would the brown shoe apparently have 3 eyelets and the black pair appear to have 4? Any ideas? And is this shoe (Ben Silver calls it the "Sherwood") the same as the C&J "Aintree" (Plal)? Sorry for the detour. I was considering a purchase in the not-too-distant future.

7. dah328

dah328 Distinguished Member

Neither of those look like the C&J last 337.  I'd guess they're based on one of C&J's benchgrade lasts but made to handgrade standards.  If I were interested in the shoes, I'd call Ben Silver and ask them.

dan