1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 10: A full set of Aesop's Fables pocket squares from Vanda Fine Clothing

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 10th auction of the year is for a full set of Aesop's Fable's pocket squares from Vanda Fine Clothing. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

CJ Brooks Peal loosening not handgrades

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by oscarthewild, Jul 7, 2006.

1. oscarthewild

oscarthewild Distinguished Member

I get the impression that the handgrades (and the EG) shoes open up considerably so should be purchased snug. Would someone be kind to provide a comparison on how much the handgrade loosen up compared with the benchgrades and esp the Brooks/Peal shoes.

Thanks

2. pkincy

pkincy Senior Member

I shall try.

My EG made Mackay for Polos started out quite snug in every aspect of the fit. I wore them in the house for about 20 hours before I decided to keep them. But they started coming around nicely. Now I have only worn them out for 3 days of about 8-10 hours each and they are like slippers. Incredibly soft cushiony soles and supple leather hugging the foot.

My C&J Benton's (made in 04 in a dark oak so I am pretty certain they were made by C&J not Sanders and Sanders) also started out very snug. I have worn them about 30 hours in the house and once all day for about 10 hours. They still are tight on my feet. I think they will come around as the shoes are the right size, but they simply are not as supple or cushiony in the sole as the EGs nor do they break in as readily.

Hope this helps,

Perry