• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Citibank Help- Anyone know someone who can get something done? OVERDRAWN $36,000

rogerm

Reaction score
It's 2:34 and I just got off the phone!

Well for now my account is back to normal, someone is losing their job (I was told) as Bank investigators are being called in. They wouldn't tell me what happened but at least I'm not overdrawn 36K anymore.

I wish I had a video of my reaction when I saw that I was overdrawn that much. That would have been great

SkinnyGoomba

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
ffffuuuu.gif
<----sums up your feelings at the time?

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
I assume this was all a Ghulkan-related issue.

- B

bigbris1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I had a similar issue years back with Chase. I was overdrawn $1M and when I listened to my balance on the phone a co-worker saw my facial expression and asked what was up. When I replayed the message on speaker she was convinced I ran my own internet pron site.
uhoh.gif

I think they did it to get my attention. There turned out to be some fraudulent activity on my account. Done by me.
smile.gif

Mute

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a feeling someone with inside access was using your account as a holding spot to kite some money and didn't clean it up properly.

idfnl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

rogerm

Reaction score
Originally Posted by bigbris1
I had a similar issue years back with Chase. I was overdrawn $1M and when I listened to my balance on the phone a co-worker saw my facial expression and asked what was up. When I replayed the message on speaker she was convinced I ran my own internet pron site.
uhoh.gif

I think they did it to get my attention. There turned out to be some fraudulent activity on my account. Done by me.
smile.gif

That would make for a good facial expression.

I have friend who's convinced this was some ill conceived plot to get him to pay for my dinner and drinks this weekend. All in all I didn't get to keep the phony deposit, but I did get some drinks and a meal
smile.gif

upnorth

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That sucks, but I'm glad you resolved the issue. I would have had (feigned) a heart attack and claimed damages from them for that scare.

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
you still ought to know what really happened, just to make sure there won't be a repeat in the future. or at least snag some citibank corporate ****** gifts like a mug or ballpens.

rjmaiorano

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mute
I have a feeling someone with inside access was using your account as a holding spot to kite some money and didn't clean it up properly.

This is a pretty strong possibility. Particularly as they said someone was being fired because of the incident. Although I find it interesting that anyone over the phone would tell you, the customer, that someone is being fired.

If I were you I would go as high as I could while still remaining relevant. a District Manager or Regional President would sure as **** be concerned about 40k+ plus in fraud/kiting in a consumer account.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads