• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Citibank Help- Anyone know someone who can get something done? OVERDRAWN $36,000

Octavio Interrupted

Reaction score
My wife worked for a bank for a while, and she said you would be SHOCKED how often this sort of thing happens. (Sorry, no good tips, she only worked there briefly as a temp.) All I can say is that the squeaky wheel etc. Definitely talk to the branch manager, and anyone else you can get to. Call every day until it's sorted out. Don't let them ignore you. Be as polite as you can muster, but very firmly let them know that you should not be kept from accessing YOUR money because of their mistake. I'll second the idea that you should switch banks pretty much as soon as it's sorted out. I recommend a credit union, as they don't profit from happy accidents the way banks do. Good luck.

Cavalier

Reaction score
You must be a small timer if you can't get something this easy fixed on your own.

I'd have something like this sorted out with a 5 minute phone call.

KPO89

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Cavalier
You must be a small timer if you can't get something this easy fixed on your own.

Gee Cavalier one day maybe all of us will be "big" timers like you.....
worship.gif

ama

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I can assure you that you wouldn't have a $42,000 deposit issue worked out in a 5 minute call to India.

Cavalier

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ama
I can assure you that you wouldn't have a $42,000 deposit issue worked out in a 5 minute call to India.
Why are you calling India for a banking issue? This isn't tech support from Dell, it's your money... Call your local branch manager or whoever handles your account; not difficult.
Originally Posted by KPO89
Gee Cavalier one day maybe all of us will be "big" timers like you.....
worship.gif

I can manage simple banking/customer service issues with out having to turn to Style Forum for help, so that at least makes me an upper middle small timer.

ama

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Why are you calling India for a banking issue? This isn't tech support from Dell, it's your money...

Call your local branch manager or whoever handles your account; not difficult.

I can manage simple banking/customer service issues with out having to turn to Style Forum for help, so that at least makes me an upper middle small timer.

I don't know how much you bank, but I assure you that regardless of your balance at $42,000 error is going to take you longer than 5 mins...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads