• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

CITI Stock - Anyone goin' long??

HEARTLESS-531

Reaction score
Just curious if anyone is going long on CITIGROUP stock?? Pandit seems to be really hanging in there and trying to deliver. Thoughts?

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
yep, have been in in a big way (at least by my standards) since late last year

snesmario

Reaction score
man i was about to buy back when it was sitting at just $1 but had no money at the time
frown.gif

will buy in sometime this summer when I have more money at my disposal

*I have a friend who bought the stock before the recession back when it was around ~$20, he's still kicking himself ********** and waiting for it to recover

HEARTLESS-531

Reaction score
Good for you! Apparently, there is a LOT of big money betting on this.

melwoesblvd

Reaction score
greece is going down, citi is going down with it. i hope it gets to around 2.50 again. but realistically i think it will stay around 5 for a few months now

Christobevii3

Reaction score
Why would you buy citi? They sold a lot of their performing assets and their market cap is already "big."

rnoldh

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Christobevii3
Why would you buy citi? They sold a lot of their performing assets and their market cap is already "big."

Obviously unlike Greece, Citi is too big to fail.
laugh.gif

At least until 2012 contingent on who their friends in the White House are.

vexare

Reaction score
they issued more shares killing current shareholder value, they have tons of debt on the books. Earnings has been low since the crisis, but were good before that - who knows if this will still fly assuming the SEC/gov cracks down on risky practices. You get what you pay for, and you can own CITI for about 4 bucks these days...

TBH the whole market is overpriced and due for a correction.

rjmaiorano

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by vexare

TBH the whole market is overpriced and due for a correction.

I agree. I see a correction coming quite soon, if we haven't already seen a start in some places.

I'm long citi, got in early this year and more than content to sit on it for years.

MrNick

Reaction score
Originally Posted by melwoesblvd
greece is going down, citi is going down with it. i hope it gets to around 2.50 again. but realistically i think it will stay around 5 for a few months now

Most PIIGS debt is in the hands of Europeans. American banks aren't that connected to Greece and the rest of PIIGS, not like European banks.

Citi is a piece of crap bank, but when you have the backing of the government, they won't fail. I advocated buying their stock when it was around a 1 but I don't see the stock going that much higher in the next few years. They're marking assets at bubble prices like almost every bank now. Eventually that will cause a problem.

JesterM

Reaction score
Yeah, was a little late to the party getting in at 3.47 but I'm content to sit on it for now.

costadelmar16

Reaction score
Been long since the 99 cent range... hoping for some more. Especially after the gov is done selling all their stake.

melwoesblvd

Reaction score
the stock fluctuates nearly 5% in either direction almost daily. just day trade that mutha

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Staff online

Forum statistics