1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Circumcision

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Tck13, Mar 19, 2007.

1. dkzzzz

dkzzzz Senior member

If you were circumcised at birth, its nuerologically impossible to remember it

I'd be curious to hear what neuroscience says about this.

2. Jared

Jared Senior member

If you were circumcised at birth, its nuerologically impossible to remember it
    I'd agree with this statement in terms of long-term memory, but there is a lot of evidence that circumcision causes something like post-traumatic stress disorder for the few months after. Can you blame the babies? [​IMG] As for what women prefer, I'm pretty sure this hasn't been studied anywhere well enough to get past cultural biases. And then there's the question: should you be asking the women what they like to look at or what gets them off? One study actually found that uncircumcised men's marriages lasted longer!

3. LSeca

LSeca Senior member

When those women said "I wouldn't have sex with an uncircumcised man" that was code for "I wouldn't have sex with a Christian man". You just missed that meaning.

Wrong. I am a blonde hair, blue eyed American...that was all that was needed for sex most of the time there. Well, having money helped alot too.

4. Dakota rube

Dakota rube Senior member

A bit better than yesterday, all day vomiting for
    I think globe's wife made a good point. Will be good for the kid growing up for his dick to look the same as his dad's, so he doesn't think he's a freak in the shower.
    I can't state with any certainty that I:
    1. ever saw my father's penis; and
    2. know whether or not he was circumsized.

5. nastyandy

nastyandy Senior member

I'll be the first to speak up on behlaf of the turtleneck brigade. puritans did this to their children so as to callus the glans and disincentiveize masurbation. Thankfuuly, it wasn't a default setting in norway when I was born. Its widespread practise in the US is clearly a function of the hawkish Israel Lobby. Flame away!

Are you so uninformed (or misinformed) that you really think that the Israeli lobby gives half of a fuck whether non-Israelis and non-Jews are circumsized, or are you perhaps a neo-nazi?

If you had any real background information or education regarding the subject you'd know that religious Jews generally prefer that non-Jews not practice Jewish ritual. If the almight "hawkish" Israeli lobby was really out to control US penises, they would probably want ensure that circumcision be limited to Jews alone.

And for the record, circumcision outside of the Jewish faith became a widepread practice many years before Israel became an independant state.

6. Brian SD

Brian SD Senior member

I can't state with any certainty that I:
    1. ever saw my father's penis; and
    2. know whether or not he was circumsized.

you never took a bath or a shower with your dad?

7. Jared

Jared Senior member

Are you so uninformed (or misinformed) that you really think that the Israeli lobby gives half of a fuck whether non-Israelis and non-Jews are circumsized, or are you perhaps a neo-nazi?
    YHBT YHL HAND

8. nastyandy

nastyandy Senior member

YHBT YHL HAND

Sorry, I don't speak acronym or geekspeak.

9. texas_jack

texas_jack Senior member

Pretty sure that first response was a joke.

10. edmorel

edmorel Senior member Dubiously Honored

I have a story that I can add to this thread that would make people cringe but I would have to get graphic and I just don't know that I can take that route [​IMG] [​IMG]

11. Dakota rube

Dakota rube Senior member

A bit better than yesterday, all day vomiting for
    Don't recall ever doing so.

Now, if you're asking about my "strange" cousin David.....[​IMG]

12. blackgrass

blackgrass Senior member

When I got circumcised it hurt so bad I couldn't walk for a year!

13. LabelKing

LabelKing Senior member

Well, apparently you are from Constantinople. If you are, you would know that in western Turkey young boys at the age of eight or so get cut as a ritual, kind of a right of passage into manhood. While in Izmir, the women I knew and met would not have sex with an uncircumcised man.

When/if I have a son, my wife and I have both agreed to get him cut. It looks better, it is more hygenic, and most women anywhere find it more attractive. I'll even go out on a limb and say most homosexual men probably do as well.

No, I am not a Turk.

14. Augusto86

Augusto86 Senior member

I would think it would make for more cleanup and greater chance of smeg.... Carry a q-tip in your wallet.

Different kind of quicky...self cleaning...

I should just shut up.

15. lawyerdad

lawyerdad Senior member

Do you like gladiator movies, Joey?

16. lawyerdad

lawyerdad Senior member

"You Have Been Trolled. You Have Lost. Have A Nice Day"

17. odoreater

odoreater Senior member

Wrong. I am a blonde hair, blue eyed American...that was all that was needed for sex most of the time there. Well, having money helped alot too.

Not wrong. You don't understand the history of Turkey's relationship with Christendom. Circumcision was a big deal to them back in the day because their Christian subjects were uncircumcised and it was forbidden for a Muslim Turkish woman to sleep with a Christian subject. The fact that they won't sleep with an uncircumcised man has much less to do with how the penis looks or feels than it does with cultural remnants from Ottoman times.

I am not saying that they wouldn't sleep with a blond haired, blue eyed American (especially one with money), I am saying that they wouldn't sleep with an uncircumcised man because they relate uncircumcised men to subjugated Christians during Ottoman times.

Edit: For what it's worth, I don't recall ever taking a shower with my dad either.

18. lawyerdad

lawyerdad Senior member

Not wrong. You don't understand the history of Turkey's relationship with Christendom. Circumcision was a big deal to them back in the day because their Christian subjects were uncircumcised and it was forbidden for a Muslim Turkish woman to sleep with a Christian subject. The fact that they won't sleep with an uncircumcised man has much less to do with how the penis looks or feels than it does with cultural remnants from Ottoman times.

I am not saying that they wouldn't sleep with a blond haired, blue eyed American (especially one with money), I am saying that they wouldn't sleep with an uncircumcised man because they relate uncircumcised men to subjugated Christians during Ottoman times.

Edit: For what it's worth, I don't recall ever taking a shower with my dad either.

+1. I've never showered with odoreater's dad either (afaicr).

19. Joel_Cairo

Joel_Cairo Senior member

FWIW: my girlfriend's family is straight-off-the-boat turkish, and she's never raised any objections about my blonde hair, pennilessness, or uncut penis.

20. LSeca

LSeca Senior member

Not wrong. You don't understand the history of Turkey's relationship with Christendom.

No, pretty sure as I am right as far as adressing your original statement. You stated it had something to do with being Christian, of which I consider myself Christian. The women had no issues with it. However, they did have issues with uncut American or Turkish men, Christian or not.

EDIT: For what it's worth, I don't ever recall showeringwith your father either.