Circumcision

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Tck13, Mar 19, 2007.

1. Brian SD

Brian SD Moderator

I think globe's wife made a good point. Will be good for the kid growing up for his dick to look the same as his dad's, so he doesn't think he's a freak in the shower.

2. JLibourel

JLibourel Senior member

I'm with all those who are for circumcision for the same health, hygiene etc. reasons. And, my wife (and other women I've known) have said they definitely prefer the circumcised penis.

Reminds me of one young woman I was having an affair with many years ago who told me she wouldn't have done the deed with me had I been uncut, and there were no ethnocultural/religious prejudices influencing her comment. I think most women find the "mushroom" preferable to the "anteater."

3. LabelKing

LabelKing Senior member

Reminds me of one young woman I was having an affair with many years ago who told me she wouldn't have done the deed with me had I been uncut, and there were no ethnocultural/religious prejudices influencing her comment. I think most women find the "mushroom" preferable to the "anteater."

Wouldn't that then be a cultural issue?

I'm sure (some) Euopean women would not have a problem like that

4. bachbeet

bachbeet Senior member

LK: I happen to live in the USA.

5. Toiletduck

Toiletduck Senior member

put infants heads in a square boxes to make their craniums square? people did this??? [​IMG] quickies in the lighting booth a hell of a lot easier how does foreskin get in the way of quickies?

6. tiecollector

tiecollector Senior member

how does foreskin get in the way of quickies?

I would think it would make for more cleanup and greater chance of smeg.... Carry a q-tip in your wallet.

7. LabelKing

LabelKing Senior member

Yes, I realize that. San Diego apparently.

8. nioh

nioh Senior member

[​IMG] Most women ehh.

9. Alter

Alter Senior member

I think globe's wife made a good point. Will be good for the kid growing up for his dick to look the same as his dad's, so he doesn't think he's a freak in the shower.
    Hasn't been an issue in my family; I am cut and my son isn't. I wanted to get him cut when he was born but realized that the only real reason was for my own ego...that I wanted him to look like me. I opted to leave him uncut as that is the norm here in Japan. Instead of worrying about him feeling like a freak when he showers with me, I figured it was wiser to keep him from feeling like a freak if he has a shower with the other kids after gym class or at the public baths (sento or onsen).

10. Jared

Jared Senior member

The medical benefits are well documented as of late.* But circumcising infants carries a high enough risk of damage, both physical and mental, that it negates those benefits over the lifespan. So the smart thing to do would be to wait until after puberty to get circumcised. But who would do that, really?! * Applying an HIV prophylactic to males is more questionable than applying an HPV prophylactic to females, but it just seems puritan not to do it... [​IMG]

11. tiecollector

tiecollector Senior member

The medical benefits are well documented as of late.* But circumcising infants carries a high enough risk of damage, both physical and mental, that it negates those benefits over the lifespan. So the smart thing to do would be to wait until after puberty to get circumcised. But who would do that, really?!

* Applying an HIV prophylactic to males is more questionable than applying an HPV prophylactic to females, but it just seems puritan not to do it... [​IMG]

Am I the only one who doesn't remember it? [​IMG]

12. LSeca

LSeca Senior member

Yes, I realize that. San Diego apparently.

Well, apparently you are from Constantinople. If you are, you would know that in western Turkey young boys at the age of eight or so get cut as a ritual, kind of a right of passage into manhood. While in Izmir, the women I knew and met would not have sex with an uncircumcised man.

When/if I have a son, my wife and I have both agreed to get him cut. It looks better, it is more hygenic, and most women anywhere find it more attractive. I'll even go out on a limb and say most homosexual men probably do as well.

13. Joel_Cairo

Joel_Cairo Senior member

Am I the only one who doesn't remember it? [​IMG]

If you were circumcised at birth, its nuerologically impossible to remember it

14. Tck13

Tck13 Senior member

You obviously live "somewhere down that crazy river" and if you keep it up there'll be a "showdown at Big Sky" (and darkness at high noon).

If you were circumcised at birth, its nuerologically impossible to remember it

How so?

15. odoreater

odoreater Senior member

While in Izmir, the women I knew and met would not have sex with an uncircumcised man.

When those women said "I wouldn't have sex with an uncircumcised man" that was code for "I wouldn't have sex with a Christian man". You just missed that meaning.

I am uncircumcised and I don't intend on having any boys that I may father circumcised either.