Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

cincinnati?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by BigSur, Apr 20, 2006.

1. BigSur

BigSur Senior member

I'll be in Cincinatti for a while; wondering if there are any cool places to shop, eat, drink or anything else worth checking out. Thanks alot. [​IMG]

2. dusty

dusty Senior member

There's a boutique in Hyde Park that carries Rag & Bone and things of that sort I think.

3. Gaius Pompeius Trimalchio

Gaius Pompeius Trimalchio Senior member

Nice opera, awesome museums (for the midwest), good baseball, terrible shopping. There's a real lack of clothing options. Saks and standard mall fare are the best you'll get. Good furniture shopping in Oakley apparently, with Heaven, Voltage, and some others. A funky furniture knick-knack boutique called Aesthetica or Lifesthetics, or something like that.

Downtown was a nightlife wasteland last time I checked. The Hofbrauhaus over in Newport is great in the summer. Mainstrasse's not bad, either. Northside is always fun. The Comet is a great dive with a decent beer selection (bottled) and cheap pool. Northside Tavern is decent, and Jacob's has a great 80s night (a gay bar that moonlights as a hipster hangout).

Fair warning, I haven't lived there in a couple years, though. It's a beautiful city, just suffering from severe mismanagement and brain-drain.

4. denimdestroyedmylife

denimdestroyedmylife Big Winner

The Contemporary Arts Center is amazing. Zaha Hadid designed the building, her first in the US:

[​IMG]

Saw the "Beautiful Losers" show there a couple years ago.

The little town over the river in Kentucky has its charms, though the name escapes me.

The buses are cute. Interesting bridges.

5. dusty

dusty Senior member

The little town over the river in Kentucky has its charms, though the name escapes me.

Newport