• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cigars

oldskool

Reaction score
I like the Zino, an upscal division of Davidoff. I get them online - thus avoiding tax from the Davidoff Las Vegas store.

KevinR

Reaction score
I'm a Padron man myself. But I still love alot of the Fuente products.

Stu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like the Zino, an upscal division of Davidoff.  I get them online - thus avoiding tax from the Davidoff Las Vegas store.
Zinos are seriously high end. I've never bought them because they tend to be a thinner ring guage than I like. I prefer a 48-52 ring gauge and a 5 1/2 -6 inch length.

Are they worth the money? because they are seriously expensive.

mano

Reaction score
Chris, for Zino try: http://www.famous-smoke.com Ask to speak to Humberto. Great guy. I have LOTS of cigars, but never smoked a Zino, so can't comment on their prices. Prices on other stuff, including high-end sticks are very good.

retronotmetro

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Padron Anniversarios in the robusto size are just about my all time favorite. I can never ever find them in the torpedo size, but the one maduro I had was pretty good. Hoyo de Monterrey (Habana) Epicure No. 2 comes in a close second. I've had a couple of bad ones but they tend to be very very good. Montecristo No. 4 (Habana) is another favorite of mine, but they seem to be kind of inconsistent qualitywise--more so than the Epi. In the realm of cigars that I can find readily and lawfully in the US, I'd say the Davidoff Special T is one of my favorites. In the similar realm of cigars that I can find readily, lawfully, and inexpensively in the US, I like Dominican Fonsecas.

Stu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Zino's are large guage, I too only prefer a larger guage. Â They start around $20, but I do not smoke that often. Â It's an indulgence. Â http://www.davidofflv.com/index.j....ory3=15
I'd say. Check out the prices on those 8 inch, 50-ring gauge bombers: $120 for a 3-pack? I believe that one should never skimp when indulging onself, but even that price makes me blanch.

oldskool

Reaction score
If you are spending $3,500 on a bespoke suit, or a pair of custom Lobbs, you can afford it i'd bet. I have never indulged at that level. I could justify it by having a sanwich at home I suppose and then smoking that cigar in liu of dinner
crazy.gif

James Bond

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
As a college student on a limited budget, I try to pick up Cohibas, CAO's, Romeo y Julietas, etc., on sales at the cigar shop I frequent. I know the manager pretty well so if something I like goes on sale, he'll generally set some aside and call me.

1ik96

Reaction score
I smoke a cigar once a week. I love robustos such as Cohiba Robustos and Partagas Serie D No. 4, but I smoke all sizes of parejos and figurados. It just depends on my mood and how much time I have.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads