Cigars

Discussion in 'Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel' started by oldskool, Jan 14, 2005.

1. oldskool

oldskool Senior member

I like the Zino, an upscal division of Davidoff. I get them online - thus avoiding tax from the Davidoff Las Vegas store.

2. nightowl6261a

nightowl6261a Senior member

Who do you get them through?

3. KevinR

KevinR Well-Known Member

I'm a Padron man myself. But I still love alot of the Fuente products.

4. TimelessRider

TimelessRider Senior member

5. Stu

Stu Senior member

Zinos are seriously high end. I've never bought them because they tend to be a thinner ring guage than I like. I prefer a 48-52 ring gauge and a 5 1/2 -6 inch length.

Are they worth the money? because they are seriously expensive.

6. mano

mano Senior member

Chris, for Zino try: http://www.famous-smoke.com Ask to speak to Humberto. Great guy. I have LOTS of cigars, but never smoked a Zino, so can't comment on their prices. Prices on other stuff, including high-end sticks are very good.

7. oldskool

oldskool Senior member

8. retronotmetro

retronotmetro Senior member

Padron Anniversarios in the robusto size are just about my all time favorite. I can never ever find them in the torpedo size, but the one maduro I had was pretty good. Hoyo de Monterrey (Habana) Epicure No. 2 comes in a close second. I've had a couple of bad ones but they tend to be very very good. Montecristo No. 4 (Habana) is another favorite of mine, but they seem to be kind of inconsistent qualitywise--more so than the Epi. In the realm of cigars that I can find readily and lawfully in the US, I'd say the Davidoff Special T is one of my favorites. In the similar realm of cigars that I can find readily, lawfully, and inexpensively in the US, I like Dominican Fonsecas.

9. Stu

Stu Senior member

I'd say. Check out the prices on those 8 inch, 50-ring gauge bombers: $120 for a 3-pack? I believe that one should never skimp when indulging onself, but even that price makes me blanch.

10. oldskool

oldskool Senior member

If you are spending $3,500 on a bespoke suit, or a pair of custom Lobbs, you can afford it i'd bet. I have never indulged at that level. I could justify it by having a sanwich at home I suppose and then smoking that cigar in liu of dinner [​IMG]

11. James Bond

James Bond Senior member

As a college student on a limited budget, I try to pick up Cohibas, CAO's, Romeo y Julietas, etc., on sales at the cigar shop I frequent. I know the manager pretty well so if something I like goes on sale, he'll generally set some aside and call me.

12. 1ik96

1ik96 Member

I smoke a cigar once a week. I love robustos such as Cohiba Robustos and Partagas Serie D No. 4, but I smoke all sizes of parejos and figurados. It just depends on my mood and how much time I have.