1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Cigars

Discussion in 'Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel' started by hopkins_student, Nov 30, 2004.

1. Torsion

Torsion Senior member

$20+ for a box of ten - I am not sure about them at this price point. In Cuba I saw them for more than 50% less but that's the island. Mainly found in Germany from what I've heard at around 15EUR a box.

2. Krish the Fish

Krish the Fish Senior member

Honestly that's not terrible, $2-3 for a 10-20 minute smoke is something I'd totally be in for.

3. jet

jet Senior member

That's a great price imho.

Regarding the lighters, if I want a soft flame I'm reaching for a match not a 1k lighter. I just feel the single jet torch works best because I can pinpoint the touch up without lighting the entire end on fire like with a soft flame. Problem is guys have these vulgar triple and quadruple flame torches that defeat the whole purpose of using one in the first place.

4. Krish the Fish

You're spot on about the multi-flame torches. They're just too much; too much heat and too much flame so that you're basically charring the entire foot of your cigar. If you miss slightly you've got a toasted wrapper now.

Must be an American machismo thing. I don't know if I ever saw anything other than matches, soft flames, or single torches whenever I went to a cigar bar/lounge in the UK or Caribbean. Mostly matches.

5. cocostella

cocostella Senior member

I like single torch for wider gage cigars and a match for smaller (say 42 and under), but a Bic works fine on most anything IMHO.

6. whiteslashasian

whiteslashasian Senior member

I think it's an efficiency thing. I have a triple torch which holds a ton of butane and I give to friends who aren't smokers to use to light their sticks very quickly and easily.

I use single or double torches myself, depending on the RG or what has fuel in it.

Matches I only use while indoors at a lounge. They're too much of a pain in the ass when outside.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2017
  7. Torsion

Torsion Senior member

A few smokes last Sunday.Started off early (doesn't happen often!) with a '14 Monte 5.Afternoon smoke I pulled out one of my last Por Larranaga Secretos (unbanded as it was one of my first boxes I ever bought and didn't want to risk bringing them back in!) finishing off in the evening with a Fuente Don Carlos Personal Reserve Robusto which was good.
    Last night I smoked an LGC RE Caribe which was so so good (long on the palate) and a Cohiba short as I'm greedy.Tonight I'm burning a Boli Corona Gigantes (can't remember if I've actually ever smoked one so could be a first!).Time to stock up since they're discontinuing [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. OmarDubaibanker

OmarDubaibanker Senior member

One of my favourite cigars! Partegas P2 [​IMG]

9. jet

jet Senior member

One of m least favorite cigars.

I think I got a dud box of connie As, kinda pissed considering how much they cost and they have some draw/combustion issues.

10. cocostella

cocostella Senior member

Man, that's a lot of equipment/preparation to smoke a cigar. Does anyone burn in their car, say on the way home from work? I haven't in forever, but kinda thinking it'd be relaxing with an afternoon coffee...

11. Krish the Fish

Whenever I'm driving the 5 hours it takes for me to grt from my house at school to my house at home I usually smoke one or two depending on the weather. Helps that I own my car too so no lease agreement to stop me

12. Torsion

Torsion Senior member

Sorry to hear about that dud box - I hope you salvage some :(

13. cocostella

cocostella Senior member

Raphael Gonzales Panatelas Extra. So creamy and smooth. Damn.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3 people like this.
  14. Torsion

Torsion Senior member

I punched this one last Sunday but it was just slightly too cold to sit out to fully enjoy it and didn't want to rush it.Finally the weather is good!First try on this RE gifted to me in December by a BOTL in the UK.
    [​IMG]

15. casadisartoria

casadisartoria Senior member

16. RedLantern

RedLantern Senior member

I have a case of LFD double ligero chisels, as well as some other goodies from LFD I'm waiting on - some 5.5x42 (lonsdale?) and some 4x34 little cigars. Been working hard on my garden and I'm looking forward to kicking back with some smokes when the nice weather kicks in!

17. Torsion

Torsion Senior member

Double corona and Churchill sizes are normally too long a smoke for me but since news of discontinuation I thought I'd better get a 5er of a few to try before committing to boxes.First try on this VR DA-the only disappointment here is why this is on that list!?![​IMG][​IMG]

18. Torsion

Torsion Senior member

Been wanting to give these a try since I got them from the island.If it wasn't the fact that this is underfilled and crappy burn it would be a fantastic cigar.Great flavour,just hope the few I have left are better!
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  19. sarahjo

sarahjo Member

Tried only once, that too a friend got it for a small get together at home. Was a good experience.

20. Krish the Fish

51476832993__199EC8A2-E8E9-428B-9080-44FB6B391746.JPG

Just came in, so smoking one ROTT. To be honest I wasn't expecting much but they are quite good!