1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Cigars

Discussion in 'Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel' started by hopkins_student, Nov 30, 2004.

1. OmarDubaibanker

OmarDubaibanker Senior member

Great forum. Anyone give me a recommendation of a Cuban cigar smoking well in 2016? Without ageing.and second question what's smoking between in 2016 Partegas number 2 or montecristo number 2? Thanks

2. PartagasIV

PartagasIV Senior member

Congrats @Torsion!! Things are probably happening right now...

And Omar, based purely on production numbers, the fresh Partagas P#2 will be more reliable than the fresh Montecristo #2. Monte #2 are one of the highest volume and most inconsistent cigars coming out of Cuba.

3. whiteslashasian

whiteslashasian Senior member

I had a Crowned Heads Las Calaveras 2016 in the 6x46 on Saturday evening before the thunderstorms hit upstate, which was a treat. I look forward to smoking and sharing the rest of that box.

@Krish the Fish if the weather isn't ridiculously hot this evening, I'm going to give one of the Caldwell/EPC Anastasia coronas or robustos a try.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2016
    1 person likes this.
  4. JLnoir

JLnoir Senior member

My recent pickup:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  5. JLnoir

JLnoir Senior member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    My recent smoke and pickup:

6. Torsion

Torsion Senior member

After 16 days of no smoking and the delivery of my son,I was able to get a pass yesterday to meet my friend Mike of the Bulgari hotel cigar lounge who was visiting NYC again.Was also introduced to a couple of great guys,the leaf bringing together folks from all walks of life.Great night.
    HdM San Juan, RA 2011 LE, RASS
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  7. Krish the Fish

Krish the Fish Senior member

Nice. I've only ever read great things about Grand Havana Room but never heard anything from someone with firsthand experience or been there myself. How is it in there?

8. Torsion

Torsion Senior member

It's a great place and I was fortunate to get an invite that evening,probably everything you've heard about the place,spacious lounge with plenty of seats and excellent extraction,huge walk in humidor with member boxes (which seemed small),good drinks list with more than excellent pours,good food too.I wish I was a member!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  9. FineMoment

FineMoment Well-Known Member

Behike 52 is easily available in Dubai

10. OmarDubaibanker

OmarDubaibanker Senior member

not so easy anymore sadly

11. Krish the Fish

Krish the Fish Senior member

I don't know if any BHK is easily available anymore. I smoked my last of my OR BHK 52 box and honestly I don't know if I'd buy a current box, especially at the prices they command ($350/10 cigars was a lot at release, but every single cigar from my box smoked perfectly) and the quality I've heard about them anecdotally or from the general "rumor mill" regarding CCs.

I honestly want to try some Dunhill or Davidoff CCs because I've heard such good things about them. The prices they command per stick makes it slightly less palatable, unfortunately. But that comes with the territory of cigars that are older than I am, I imagine

12. FineMoment

Sorry to hear that. I wonder what happened.

13. FineMoment

I remember it was available in most markets but was not cheap. in the range of USD 250-300 in the middle east.

14. Torsion

Torsion Senior member

Friday was another damn fine day.After managing to get another pass from the wife [​IMG] I met my friend Mike Choi for another herf (casa_puro_ltd is his IG handle) and we visited a shop/lounge called The Cigar Room in Fort Lee, New Jersey.Was my first time over there and again thanks to Mike for the introduction to William Flores and Carlos Gomez who own the shop and also run La Hoja Cigars. First started off with the ERdM Espana RE (excellent little cigar) followed by the La Hoja Edicion Crema 1962 (my appreciation for New World cigars is definitely changing as I really liked this!) ending with the Cohiba Robusto Supremos '14 EL.All first time tries again.Mike gifted me all 3!That guy...to make it worse he gave me another Robusto Supremos to take home...[​IMG]
    Least I could do was give him one of my last Trini Robo T that I had bought along with me which he enjoyed.
    He also bought along some Santiago de Cuba Anejo rum - wow loved that stuff and really my first proper try of a decent rum.
    I like to support local B&M stores so bought a few sticks,some of which considered HTF, most I've never tried and as above I'm opening my mind to New World cigars

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  15. PartagasIV

PartagasIV Senior member

Any smokers here that reside in London? Here for a few days.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2016
  16. JohnGalt

JohnGalt Senior member

[​IMG]

ED54 today. Smoking great, sad I only have 1 left. Also have a 109 left that I'll save as my first smoke when our house is ready. Should be perfect in Dec on the patio with the fireplace going and some WL weller.

Looking to place an order - what's smoking good young these days? Preferably PC/robusto size

Last edited: Sep 4, 2016
    1 person likes this.
  17. Medwed

Medwed Senior member

Boston->NYC->Helsinki->St.-Petersburg->Budapest->A
    /\ WTF is written on that cigar band? Habana made in Mexico? Only in US such thing is possible. :slayer:

Had my first Trinidad yesterday. What a treat, burned evenly, nice tight roll. Strong like partagas or bolivar but very mellow and balanced . Tried small size for 40 minute smoke and was not disappointed.
    Trinidad is a definate buy in a future.

18. coolpapa

coolpapa Senior member

That red band designates that cigar as being made exclusively for the Mexican market. I think it's pretty common as I have a few like that for Switzerland and Britain.

19. Medwed

Medwed Senior member

Boston->NYC->Helsinki->St.-Petersburg->Budapest->A
    Thanks for clarifying. Have never heard ,seen or smoked these. Checked the price and it is stratospheric. $35 per stick....

20. Torsion

Torsion Senior member

@JohnGaltHdM Du Prince,San Cristobel La Fuerza