1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Cigars

Discussion in 'Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel' started by hopkins_student, Nov 30, 2004.

1. SkinnyGoomba

SkinnyGoomba Senior member

I tend to agree. If I were building it for someone else I would have recommended larger, but being that it's just for me and I wanted to use material on hand, I decided to do it up this way. That being said it's probably a 1/2 size larger than my previous humidor and that got filled up quickly.

I don't buy many cigars, but one of my good friends is a long time smoker and usually gets me a box for Christmas. So I have wayyyyy more than I will smoke in the next few years.

2. bdeuce22

bdeuce22 Senior member

so when are you going to start taking orders?

3. Cravate_Noire

Cravate_Noire Senior member

Canadian Simones (ER 2007), vintage Punch Petit Coronation Tubos

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. SkinnyGoomba

SkinnyGoomba Senior member

Anytime, I have a short backlog at current, but if you have something in mind send me a PM and we'll work out the details.

5. PartagasIV

PartagasIV Senior member

Will x-post once I get caught up, but these arrived during my last trip. Individualized Epaulet Albini ocbd w/cigar pocket, here with Partagas 160th Humidor robusto extra, '02 ECA Sir Winston, '90's Monte Especiale #1:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 21, 2016
    3 people like this.
  6. bespoken pa

bespoken pa Senior member

7. jet

jet Senior member

I need a pajama collar shirt with cigar pockets, that would be perfect for my lazy ass.

8. Krish the Fish

Krish the Fish Senior member

Hell. I need pajamas with a cigar pocket. Perfect for the mornings. Take the dogs out. Water the plants. Smoke a cigar with my morning coffee

9. Torsion

Torsion Senior member

After a few days in San Fran, only smoked one stick there which was a Por Larranaga Secretos.Monday nights smoke was an aged (no idea what year) RyJ Prince of Wales which I didn't particularly enjoy (only have two that I got from a BOTL in Jan). Pitched it at the last third and followed up with an '10 Trini Reyes.Didn't really enjoy that one either!Maybe a bad night of sticks or my palate was off...hope to smoke tonight.
    [​IMG]

10. Torsion

Torsion Senior member

UM MAR14 Monte Esp 2. Light wrapper, not much visible oils.Smoking ok
    [​IMG]

11. Torsion

Torsion Senior member

We all know what happens when the wife goes out for the evening.Followed up by this MUO MAY14 Siglo II.Probably need to show more restraint and let the little Cohiba I have age more but f&$k it,every day should be treated as a special day!
    [​IMG]

12. Torsion

Torsion Senior member

Mini herf yesterday in NYC.Started off with a PLMC, then an '11 Upmann Connie 1. After leaving the others I wanted another so sat by the park and put a flame to the trusted PLPC
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. Torsion

Torsion Senior member

Checked the app for breaks in the rain earlier today, this Hoyo Des Dieux gifted yesterday by a top BOTL. Can't remember exactly what age (perhaps '03) this one was from a cardboard 5 pack I believe. First ever go on these-oh dear now I'm on the hunt for some. Really delicious creamy, woody smoke, loads more sweet creamy smoke.... I can see why so many love these....
    [​IMG]

2 people like this.
  14. Torsion

Torsion Senior member

Revisited young CoRo on Sunday night. Will another 3 years or so make a difference..?Underwhelmed each time I've tried these so far.
    [​IMG]

15. PartagasIV

PartagasIV Senior member

Provincial factory code rolling a flagship marca--run away! At least grab Upmann, Partagas, La Corona factories if not el Laguito.

16. Torsion

Torsion Senior member

Only coming up to speed about stuff like this.Been learning more,not much guidance anywhere and also not sure before on what opinions to believe or not.

1 person likes this.
  17. gnatty8

gnatty8 Senior member

Smoked a Don Pepin Garcia JJ Maduro last night. The factory stopped making these a few years ago, but I was lucky enough to find a box in a JR Cigar store somewhere near Raleigh, NC last summer. I'd socked it away and forgot about it. Until last night. Easily one of the 10 finest smoking moments of my life. Even you CC guys need to try one of these if you can find them.

2 people like this.
  18. Torsion

Torsion Senior member

An AUM MAY14 Monte Esp 2, this time from a different box.Wrapper much darker and oiler than the previous one I smoked the other week,flavours richer too.

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  19. Torsion

Torsion Senior member

@gnatty8 - one of these days I will reach for a non CC and give them a go.Keep passing them by in my humi,taking note of your recommendations Sir

1 person likes this.
  20. whiteslashasian

whiteslashasian Senior member

The FDA made a decision today that could change the landscape of cigars in the US. They're lumping them in with all tobacco products (mostly to curtail the e-cig market and usage with youths) and will cause quite a burden to the cigar manufacturers to have the FDA approve their products for sale in the US, ultimately reducing supply and driving prices up.

http://halfwheel.com/5-takeaways-from-fdas-decision-to-regulate-cigars/113899