1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Cigars

Discussion in 'Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel' started by hopkins_student, Nov 30, 2004.

1. Torsion

Torsion Senior member

[​IMG]

1. 2000 Monte Especial
    2. 1983 El Rey del Mundo Panatela Larga
    3. 1996 Cohiba Corona Especial
    4. 2004 El Rey del Mundo Grandes de Espana
    5. Christanos " Santos" Custom
    6. Monsdale custom
    7. Bolivar Gold Medal

Thanks Michael @Girardian

Last edited: Dec 5, 2015
    1 person likes this.
  2. jet

jet Senior member

Excellent.

I had an 05 erdm talnos that was very good. My usual plmc this morning.

Puff puff pass on an ra 898 regional and did not like while fresh sig iii was great. Homies are going deep on the new don joses.

1 person likes this.
  3. East Tide

East Tide Member

Hi,

Been a non-contributing member here for a long time and stumbled upon this thread searching for reviews.

Don't know if this is out of place but I have a decent collection of CC's and would be interested in trading (or sell if preferred). Obviously I have box codes, dates, photos etc, upon request.

I'm a little under the weather today but will post up the pic of the RASCC I plan on having with a coffee shortly.

-Bolivar Royal Coronas
    -Monte #2
    -Monte Edmundo
    -Hoyo Epicure #1 (2011)
    -Hoyo Epicure Especiale
    -Upmann Connie #1 (2011)
    -Partagas P2
    -Partagas Habaneros
    -Partagas Petit Corona Especiales
    -Partagas Series D4
    -Ramon Allones Small Club Coronas
    -Ramon Allones Specially Selected
    -Ramon Allones Superiores (2013)
    -Por Larranaga Panetelas
    -Por Larranaga Petit Coronas

4. East Tide

East Tide Member

Very nice smoke. Being under the weather my appetite was non-existent all day and it didn't hit me until 3/4 through this little guy that I hadn't eaten anything other then coffee, water and an apple by 2 p.m. This little guy had some kick and I was feeling it. Very nice smoke. Even with a fairly good breeze while working on my kids trainset for Christmas while in the garage the burn was straight and it stayed lit until the nub. Also, one of the few short smokes that I can enjoy and not feel like I want to light another immediately. Classy. Only complaint would be the wrapper is thin and fragile and split when I cut it- might just need another year or two of age. [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  5. PartagasIV

PartagasIV Senior member

2012/13 RASSC are great. Have a handful of boxes tucked away.

Recent La Fuerza, meh, and very good OR Connie A tonight.

6. jet

jet Senior member

Private herf tomorrow night in newport beach with some old wine and champagne, hopefully will be as epic as last year. Some nice cigars will be smoked but I may be out of commission come Monday.

Shit forgot, have a duffy herf in long beach late monday afternoon as well.

1 person likes this.
  7. Torsion

Torsion Senior member

I love the RASCC box I have from last year, one of my favs for flavor explosion!
    Jamie-thoughts on Connie A?I see a lot of people on some other forums loving these.At a premium on par with Sir Winnies they're a pricey stick

Last edited: Dec 13, 2015
  8. PartagasIV

PartagasIV Senior member

Not cheap, it's on par with the newish Hoyo San Juan. And it's a crowded field between the Mag46/50/Connie #1/A. Connie A is a little more suave and polished than the Connie #1, which I find is more of a straightforward, no-nonsense Upmann. Slightly larger breadth of flavor, #1 is a bit narrower (nothing wrong with that). I'd only bother with the early boxcodes, UPE fall months '13. LUB '14 is decent but not as good.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2015
  9. East Tide

East Tide Member

2013 Montecristo Edmundo. Really nice from start to finish. Not quite as complex as a #2 but a great stick that is all Cuban. I inadvertently dropped my dry box and damaged the wrapper and it bulged the entire length while smoking but remarkably burned straight. If it hadn't been so windy and damaged it would be considered perfect construction. Glad to have the rest of the box-this was the first.
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  10. jet

jet Senior member

Took my buddy a fiver for throwing the party sunday night and I started off with a lusi I hadn't smoked in a while. It was one of the best lusis I've had so I told him to start with that also. Had about 5 different wines one of which was apparently a 1k bottle that was wasted on me but it was good nonetheless. Had a serbian bolivar think it was and I was sort of done after that but I puffed on an 01 ra 898 that was excellent. I had to turn some cigars down it was sensory overload with all the wine, food and cigars. Had two cappuccinos as well and some beignets for dessert.

Yesterday went on my friend's duffy boat in long beach, couldn't have picked a colder or windier fucking day. Had coffee with baileys and a benelux bolivar, my friend loves giving me bolis even though they're not my fav. Had a d6 which was surprisingly good, hadn't touched any since last year. It was a good time.

2 people like this.
  11. Torsion

Torsion Senior member

Back into true smoking form here V! :)
    For me it's been 2 months and 16 days smoke free since I got caught in the park (temporary self imposed suspension) but breaking this to smoke through the sampler I got from @Girardian next week just in time for the holidays. Going to be a solid few weeks of smokes! I pulled out a Monte Esp #2 and a LGC M'do#4 this morning and placed them in my "to smoke" humi

2 people like this.
  12. Torsion

Torsion Senior member

I've yet to try the Edmundo but have a couple of 10'ers of the Petit Ed. Haven't had one yet that's been that good, I have found the ones I have quite vegetal in flavor. Also I am not currently a fan of the format and preferring thinner gauge ie Monte 4 & 5 are more appealing to me right now.

13. jet

jet Senior member

My bad the serbian was a sancho panza, I actually smoked a simones. I guess, I used to be able to smoke through at least 3 a night but now I take forever to smoke a lonsdale. I am def back though but will have to resort to buying strictly from lcdh's since I've been hearing of all the issues with the usual vendors. I'm sort of tired of purchasing cigars blind anyway so I don't mind paying more for hand selected boxes.

If i were you I'd warm up my palate before approaching G's sticks, I know some people say it's better to have a fresh start but I know I am not in top smoking form if I stop for awhile. While you may be more sensitive to the flavors you may be "out of smoking shape" if you don't have a couple cigars the day or two before.

14. East Tide

East Tide Member

The flavor of this was pretty good- not green to me in the least. Like a lighter #2 and more linear. Quite enjoyable.

I'm with you on the format though-it's odd to draw for me.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2015
  15. Torsion

Torsion Senior member

Note taken V - thanks man, was thinking of getting into a few regular young sticks that I have been enjoying before burning those

16. fcuknu

fcuknu Senior member

So this thread is still going, eh?

17. East Tide

East Tide Member

Friday I had the first from a box of '14 Partagas Corona Especiales. Not bad, but nothing like the '13 box of Habaneros I enjoy. Hope some more resting will help.

Sunday I had a Epicure Especial which I really enjoyed. I had a few from the box with a very slightly cracked wrapper at the tip and have been staring with those. These are 2015's but great right out of the box. A little lighter smoke but great flavor.

Today I had the second from a box of 2011 Connie 1's. The first one left me sad as it sucked. Everything was wrong, the smell, the atypically light draw and arid smelling burn. This was a completely different experience. Incredible to the nub. Good burn, even in slightly windy conditions and just a A+ smoke. Really hope the rest of the box is like this. I always choose the worst looking ones first and this wasn't the best so I think these are going to be stunners.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

18. jet

jet Senior member

The worst ones often smoke the best. I make it a habit to not look at the cigar I am pulling out the box.

I find that not worrying about trivial things enhances my overall enjoyment of cigars period. This is why I'm not paranoid about minor variances in rh and such things as well.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2015
  19. jet

jet Senior member

Last edited: Dec 21, 2015
  20. East Tide

East Tide Member

I agree. PL's being a prime example. I really meant slightly damaged with cracks or lifting wrappers.