Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Cigars

Discussion in 'Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel' started by hopkins_student, Nov 30, 2004.

1. whallyden

whallyden Senior member

Still being very new to the game, I asked my local cigar seller for something with fuller body and deeper flavor after being unmoved by the Oliva "O" he had rec'd previously. I ended up with the following:

Perdomo Grand Cru
    Rocky Patel 15th Anniversary
    San Cristobal

How did he do?

2. gnatty8

gnatty8 Senior member

1 out of 3 ain't bad, but your tastes may differ. I love the San Cristobal, the others, mediocre at best.. Try Rocky Patel's Patel Brothers robusto next time you are there, or Don Pepin Garcia JJ Maduro..

3. ama

ama Senior member

1 out of 3 ain't bad, but your tastes may differ. I love the San Cristobal, the others, mediocre at best.. Try Rocky Patel's Patel Brothers robusto next time you are there, or Don Pepin Garcia JJ Maduro..

+1, although the Rocky 15th is completely terrible.

4. jet

jet Persian Bro

Was gifted an 02 epi 2 which was great and an 09 duke.

5. bdeuce22

bdeuce22 Senior member

i should've bought more Patel Brothers on CI. They are pretty damn good and for $3.25/stick, how can you go wrong.

Was gifted an 02 epi 2 which was great and an 09 duke.
    When was the last time you bought a stick? always gifts [​IMG]

6. PartagasIV

PartagasIV Senior member

Smoking an 08 LGC #2 with coffee this morning. First non-2002 LGC I have tasted and first #2...more floral and honey flavor than recent production (09) LGC Tainos.

V, how did you like the Duke? I had a really good one when they first came out and then two subsequent crappy muted ones.

7. Scuderia-F1

Scuderia-F1 Well-Known Member

I bought a Xikar travel humidor for 10 cigars today when I picked up some new smokes!
    Does anyone have any experience about this travel humi, as how to prepare before using it etc?[​IMG]

8. jet

jet Persian Bro

When was the last time you bought a stick? always gifts [​IMG]
    What can I say I have some cool friends, actually have some sticks coming in next couple of days. Forgot to mention my bro gifted me a black dunhill 3 finger case with orange stitching he's had new in the box for over 10 years when his buddy worked at the dunhill store.
    Smoking an 08 LGC #2 with coffee this morning. First non-2002 LGC I have tasted and first #2...more floral and honey flavor than recent production (09) LGC Tainos. V, how did you like the Duke? I had a really good one when they first came out and then two subsequent crappy muted ones.
    It's in the humidor right now as it was just a one cigar night last night but we did a puff puff pass on a 56 behike which was fantastic and a 97 boli lonsdale. Will let you know how it is, he said it's supposed to be alright.

9. JohnGalt

JohnGalt Senior member

Still being very new to the game, I asked my local cigar seller for something with fuller body and deeper flavor after being unmoved by the Oliva "O" he had rec'd previously. I ended up with the following:

Perdomo Grand Cru
    Rocky Patel 15th Anniversary
    San Cristobal

How did he do?

Why don't you taste them and tell us how you think he did? [​IMG]

10. life_interrupts

life_interrupts Senior member

I bought a Xikar travel humidor for 10 cigars today when I picked up some new smokes! Does anyone have any experience about this travel humi, as how to prepare before using it etc?[​IMG]
    I have one in my office. Just soak the sponge, shake off excess, and give it an hour in the box alone before you place the sticks in. You'll be just fine. It does a good job for short-term storage.

11. PartagasIV

PartagasIV Senior member

Not sure if the foam trays in yours are removable, but in my larger travel humi I have a flat humidity sheet that works great, bought from here:
    http://www.heartfeltindustries.com/p...umidity+Sheets

A Boveda packet would also work in a pinch, although if you're just keeping cigars in it for a couple days I wouldn't even bother with humidification.

I bought a Xikar travel humidor for 10 cigars today when I picked up some new smokes!
    Does anyone have any experience about this travel humi, as how to prepare before using it etc?[​IMG]

12. bdeuce22

bdeuce22 Senior member

One on the way to the ol dirty residence.
    [​IMG]

13. eg1

eg1 Senior member

My little Cuban friend just came through with a square box of Cohiba Robustos. [​IMG]

14. jet

jet Persian Bro

I was told tonight will be cause for some special smokes so I am prepping my tools of the trade for this occasion.

15. PartagasIV

PartagasIV Senior member

1492 time.
    I was told tonight will be cause for some special smokes so I am prepping my tools of the trade for this occasion.