Cigars

Discussion in 'Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel' started by hopkins_student, Nov 30, 2004.

1. bdeuce22

bdeuce22 Senior member

look and feel like shit after a great concert last night. this was on tap for after the show, but i was in no shape to enjoy it.

[​IMG]

2. lpresq

lpresq Senior member

For those who lost out on the Patel Bros deal, the auction-site has 10 packs of torpedo's for $22 currently. [​IMG]

3. bdeuce22

bdeuce22 Senior member

good weather + nice breeze + pga championship + cigars = great sunday

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. Warren G.

Warren G. Senior member

Had a Hemingway sig maduro today. It was real gooooood. [​IMG]

5. Krish the Fish

Krish the Fish Senior member

going to the b&m tonight, any recommendations? (they don't have any viajes or anejos. [​IMG]) It could be a celebratory smoke, since I found out I did much better than anticipated in my 4-week intensive semester of ochem 2. Any recommendations are appreciated. BTW @lovewife, Hemingways are ~$10 these days, with the maduro wrapped ones being about $7-9 more per stick. at least, that's what they look like in Ohio where I am. YMMV.

6. someotherstyle

someotherstyle Senior member

7. bdeuce22

bdeuce22 Senior member

going to the b&m tonight, any recommendations? (they don't have any viajes or anejos. [​IMG]) It could be a celebratory smoke, since I found out I did much better than anticipated in my 4-week intensive semester of ochem 2. Any recommendations are appreciated.

BTW @lovewife, Hemingways are ~$10 these days, with the maduro wrapped ones being about $7-9 more per stick. at least, that's what they look like in Ohio where I am. YMMV.

are you ChemE? anyhow, celebration - viaje - anejo = padron 45th maduro or davidoff maduro robusto.

8. bdeuce22

bdeuce22 Senior member

[​IMG]

9. jet

jet Persian Bro

^what i'm smoking right now but i must have got a bad batch they look and taste shit

10. ACDoyle

ACDoyle Senior member

^^ what year is the SD4 and how is it
    I have a box on the way, would like to know how the recent SD4s' are

11. Warren G.

Warren G. Senior member

I read a lot of mixed reviews. I had a couple, I would definetly let them sleep for a while.
    How much does it cost?
    Uhh somebody gift me a few. My B&M is selling the Cameroon version for around $8 bucks.

12. Krish the Fish

are you ChemE? anyhow, celebration - viaje - anejo = padron 45th maduro or davidoff maduro robusto.

no not chemE. Biology/Pre-Med. I ended up going with a La VÃ[​IMG]ritÃ[​IMG] again (great smoke, but again, will be phenomenal with age.)

2 more years till I hit Med School at Ohio State, then the fun begins.

13. bdeuce22

bdeuce22 Senior member

Mine is feb 09. I have another aug 09 that I don't touch now. It's awful. This first box is decent now.

14. ama

ama Senior member

going to the b&m tonight, any recommendations? (they don't have any viajes or anejos. [​IMG]) It could be a celebratory smoke, since I found out I did much better than anticipated in my 4-week intensive semester of ochem 2. Any recommendations are appreciated.

BTW @lovewife, Hemingways are ~$10 these days, with the maduro wrapped ones being about $7-9 more per stick. at least, that's what they look like in Ohio where I am. YMMV.

Congrats!

On a side note, there is something wrong with your B&M. The maduro Hemigways have a MSRP $1 above the regular line. They are taking you for a ride on those. What are Opus prices like over there?

15. Krish the Fish

The Opuses are standard pricing + tax (they're an Opus authorized dealer or some BS like that, so they can't gauge on those). So the Belis are $12.xx, and the Petit Lanc & Fuente Fuente are $14.xx... I also checked the prices on them as soon as I got there, and I was mistaken. They were around $12-ish, give or take a couple of dollars, for the maduros. My bad!