Cigars

Discussion in 'Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel' started by hopkins_student, Nov 30, 2004.

1. KPO89

KPO89 Senior member

What is the consensus on Man O Wars?

2. KPO89

KPO89 Senior member

I just skimmed through my cigar.com catalogue and couldn't these Viaje's. Where cop one and what is it gonna run me a stick?

3. jet

jet Persian Bro

Someone recommend me my next couple of box purchases, want some good stuff thanks.

Thinking about some bolis perhaps and maybe slr? What else? dpatsil?

ps. looks like someone finally got a time out

pps. looks like pe took the box codes off the site now I'm going to have to email them every time

4. bdeuce22

bdeuce22 Senior member

I just skimmed through my cigar.com catalogue and couldn't these Viaje's. Where cop one and what is it gonna run me a stick?

PMed.

Someone recommend me my next couple of box purchases, want some good stuff thanks.

Thinking about some bolis perhaps and maybe slr? What else? dpatsil?

ps. looks like someone finally got a time out

pps. looks like pe took the box codes off the site now I'm going to have to email them every time

1) SLRs have been great to me so far. I also had an 09 Siglo II that was fantastic.

2) [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] what did he do

3) that blows. why would they do that?

5. gnatty8

gnatty8 Senior member

What is the consensus on Man O Wars?

Bought a five pack of these from CI about 6 months ago. From what I can recall, I was not blown away (I haven't bought more), but they were not unpleasant. I'd need to have another to refresh my memory.

6. Krish the Fish

Krish the Fish Senior member

Smoked an Ashton VSG yesterday. Was thoroughly unimpressed with the smoke.

I think either a PSD4 or a Padron '64 are on deck for the near future. Maybe a Drac too.

7. jet

jet Persian Bro

no recs?????

8. tom153

tom153 Senior member

Jet, Bolivars are good. I really enjoy PCs. Can't go wrong with Cohibas. I just finished a box of Hoyo petit robustos, and even though I don't really care for the size, the flavours were very good. 09 PL Panatelas are smoking very well right now also, as are 08 Montecarlos.

9. PartagasIV

PartagasIV Senior member

V, any particular sizes in mind/ballpark price you're looking to spend/particular marcas? I have not sampled much 09/10 stuff aside from EL's and RE's...standouts include the German RE Bolivar Esp. #2, and this year's EL Partagas D Especial

edit-agree on the PL Panatelas, one of the best value smokes made I think...always consistent, flavorful, and cheap.

10. jet

jet Persian Bro

Jet, Bolivars are good. I really enjoy PCs. Can't go wrong with Cohibas. I just finished a box of Hoyo petit robustos, and even though I don't really care for the size, the flavours were very good. 09 PL Panatelas are smoking very well right now also, as are 08 Montecarlos.

duly noted sir

V, any particular sizes in mind/ballpark price you're looking to spend/particular marcas? I have not sampled much 09/10 stuff aside from EL's and RE's...standouts include the German RE Bolivar Esp. #2, and this year's EL Partagas D Especial.

i can't spend behike prices but I don't mind spending a decent sum on some good smokes but i have no idea where to cop the regionals and el's and the only ones I've smoked have been from friends, pm me info on those two if you don't mind

11. DaBatMan

DaBatMan Senior member

Smoked an Ashton VSG yesterday. Was thoroughly unimpressed with the smoke.

I think either a PSD4 or a Padron '64 are on deck for the near future. Maybe a Drac too.

Picked up an Ashton today myself and was likewise unimpressed with the smoke. It did however taste decent.

[​IMG] Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/IMG]

12. jet

jet Persian Bro

had an excellent excellent CoRo with a couple years on it, i was sad the entire time knowing it would come to an end

it had that classic cohiba taste along with some floral and sweet flavors

13. DaBatMan

DaBatMan Senior member

Today's treat... A Fuente Gran Reserva [​IMG] Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/IMG] ...Update, I'm officially a fan of this cigar. Great smoke, great taste, and miles ahead of the Ashton I had the other day. Highly recommended. [​IMG]

14. Warren G.

Warren G. Senior member

Dang which Ashton did you guys had? The Illusion and Enchantment never failed me.

15. jet

jet Persian Bro

vsg is awful

Smoked an 02 epi 2 tonight, good cigar. Thanks to my buddy for supplying me lately.