Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Cigars

Discussion in 'Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel' started by hopkins_student, Nov 30, 2004.

1. bdeuce22

bdeuce22 Senior member

much needed reorganization
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. ACDoyle

ACDoyle Senior member

After hearing about HiTime Wine cellars in Costa Mesa fro a friend I dropped by and man what a humidor they have - full line of Padrons, Tatuajes etc. The best part were the pricing, Tatuaje Red Tube was going for $10, Cabaiguan for around $8 each, PAN torpedos for around $18 - the guy in charge is interesting guy to talk to and very helpful- he even has some Tat black tubes hidden away for his regulars. They have a website but most of the cigar are not listed and are only sold in store.
    If one is in Costa Mesa anytime you got to check this place out.

3. jet

jet Persian Bro

^I used to frequent hitime up until about a year ago until they let go of the guy who had been there for years. If you're impressed by that place you should check out Maxamar on chapman in orange. That place will blow you away and Jeremy and Amar are great.

4. ACDoyle

ACDoyle Senior member

^ Will check out Maxamar next time I am in the OC

5. holymadness

holymadness Senior member

I'm just a casual in this thread to see whats hot - you can take that anyway you like just don't reply here.
    Since all I've done in the last few days besides post pictures of Spanish cigars I've smoked is respond to an unprovoked insult by chucklehead, I don't even know why you're talking to me. Take it up with him if you don't want the thread shitted up.
    He's too stupid to understand he has his own thread. He also doesn't understand nobody gives a shit about him for all the big game he talks.

I'm sure he's a pussy in real life anyway, he certainly sounds like one.

I don't talk big game because I don't give a fuck. I'm not the one trying to convince the world of how baller I am. That's the difference between you and me. You base your self-worth on the opinion of internet strangers whom you spend all your time trying to convince you're some sort of rich gangster. You're a pitiful child with an inferiority complex. If being a dipshit was a bannable offense you'd be first on the list.

In actual cigar news, I smoked an Italian cigar which the Spanish call an antiguo toscano that a friend of the family offered me after the almuerzo today. Custom is to cut them in half and smoke each separately because they last so long. Apparently this one dated from 2002. It was definitely bizarre. Dark to the point of being black, very densely packed, and a strange flavour that included notes of licorice and salt. [​IMG]

6. Aaron01

Aaron01 Senior member

7. bdeuce22

bdeuce22 Senior member

^^ thoughts?

Holy/jet
    Can't we all just get along.

8. jet

jet Persian Bro

Eff it I feel bad for the guy.

Nice pics btw, when I come to chicago you gonna drive down and meet up?

9. bdeuce22

bdeuce22 Senior member

Possibly. When ya coming.

10. Aaron01

Aaron01 Senior member

^^ thoughts?

Holy/jet
    Can't we all just get along.

Great smoke, loved the flavors, I got some cocoa, vanilla (might have been from the bourbon I was drinking though), leather and a bit of pepper at the end.

I'm pretty happy I got some of these and a 5er of the robustos. Haven't smoked any of the robs yet.

Can you reccomend something with a similar palate as the DES?

11. jet

jet Persian Bro

Possibly. When ya coming.

I'll keep you posted, is it a huge hassle for you to come? I have no idea how far it is for you.

12. bdeuce22

bdeuce22 Senior member

Great smoke, loved the flavors, I got some cocoa, vanilla (might have been from the bourbon I was drinking though), leather and a bit of pepper at the end.

I'm pretty happy I got some of these and a 5er of the robustos. Haven't smoked any of the robs yet.

Can you reccomend something with a similar palate as the DES?

Man. The DES and Robustos are great. They are almost in a league of their own to be honest. You'll really like the Robusto is you liked the DES. Similar profile, but the Robusto is a tad more smooth.

I'll keep you posted, is it a huge hassle for you to come? I have no idea how far it is for you.

not far at all. i've got a ton of friends out there i could visit too. 3.5hr drive or 45min flight. sometimes its cheaper to fly.

13. ama

ama Senior member

much needed reorganization

DAMNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!! [​IMG]

14. bdeuce22

bdeuce22 Senior member

that BBMF O is scaring me

15. ama

ama Senior member

Ha, its a strange ass looking stick. I'm not smoking mine for a year though, its for your birthday next year!