1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 7: A Made-to-Measure suit from Lanieri

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 6th auction of the year is for a Made-to-measure suit from Lanieri. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Cigars

Discussion in 'Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel' started by hopkins_student, Nov 30, 2004.

1. Warren G.

Warren G. Distinguished Member

Corona gorda, robusto (50 RG or less) and lancero are my favorite vitolas. I never understood the fascination with big RGs, they aren't comfortable to smoke.
    agreed..I'm a huge corona gorda fan.

2. bdeuce22

bdeuce22 Distinguished Member

I don't normally smoke anything bigger than a robusto, I remember you saying you didn't like the small gauge of lanceros which I happen to love.

the original blend ET changed my mind completely. that being said, they still aren't really my favorite. they are something i'll enjoy at home. can't imagine traveling with some. seem too delicate for that.

3. Warren G.

Had a CAO La Traviata today, pretty good value.

4. Krish the Fish

Krish the Fish Distinguished Member

Had my first taste of forbidden fruit today: Fonseca No. 1 (Jan 09).. been sitting in my humidor for ~5 weeks now, and felt that right now would be a good time to smoke one.

Burn issues were present, corrected a couple times. Also, let it sit while I did some laundry, and after a couple minutes had to relight... twice; rolled rather tightly, but not so much that I couldn't smoke through it without a second cut; draw was firm but not too wispy (like the Cain maduro I had earlier in the weekend). This might be from the humidor though, will look into it (I have 60% beads in there, but it constantly stays at 65%...)

Was a milder smoke, which is what I was in the mood for. Good flavor, with a bit of earth to it and spice on the end. I think it was a great smoke for the price (~$4 a stick at the time I bought it), and will definitely come back to them in a couple months to see how they're doing. Definitely recommendable, though the burn issues were a slight drawback. I think if you haven't had any Fonsecas & are looking for a mild CC at a good price, this is a good place to start. It was for me, anyhow. YMMV.

5. fcuknu

fcuknu Distinguished Member

At that price get some Monte 4s. I'm not a big fonseca fan, they're a little bland for my raste.

6. bdeuce22

i need more MC4s. have about 5 left from an 08 box. they are absolutely fantastic right now.

7. ama

ama Distinguished Member

Try dry boxing them too. What RH is your humi at?

Had my first taste of forbidden fruit today: Fonseca No. 1 (Jan 09).. been sitting in my humidor for ~5 weeks now, and felt that right now would be a good time to smoke one.

Burn issues were present, corrected a couple times. Also, let it sit while I did some laundry, and after a couple minutes had to relight... twice; rolled rather tightly, but not so much that I couldn't smoke through it without a second cut; draw was firm but not too wispy (like the Cain maduro I had earlier in the weekend). This might be from the humidor though, will look into it (I have 60% beads in there, but it constantly stays at 65%...)

Was a milder smoke, which is what I was in the mood for. Good flavor, with a bit of earth to it and spice on the end. I think it was a great smoke for the price (~$4 a stick at the time I bought it), and will definitely come back to them in a couple months to see how they're doing. Definitely recommendable, though the burn issues were a slight drawback. I think if you haven't had any Fonsecas & are looking for a mild CC at a good price, this is a good place to start. It was for me, anyhow. YMMV.

8. Krish the Fish

Krish the Fish Distinguished Member

Try dry boxing them too. What RH is your humi at?

it's at 65% now, but with 60% beads. I probably should dry box them, but I'm never sure if I'm going to end up smoking something later. I'll try the drybox & see if it gets better.

9. bdeuce22

Everyone needs to get their paws on these while they can. Excellent flavors to start. Some pepper, leather and coffee to open. Pepper dies out but the leather/coffee blend stays about half way in. Hints of cinnamon and dark cocoa become present. These flavors remain for the rest of the cigar. Big amounts of smoke, perfect draw/burn throughout. Overall, extremely well balanced, not overpowering at all. The change from a full bodied cigar to a more medium bodied really is to my liking. If you can find them, buy some up. Viaje Double Edged Sword [​IMG]

10. ama

ama Distinguished Member

[​IMG]

Maduro does wonders for this cigar. Cuts out a lot of that mustiness that I find very distracting. I'm a big fan.

11. gnatty8

gnatty8 Distinguished Member

Sat out by the hotel firepit last night and smoked a Gurkha Evil Torpedo. I love the robusto, but the first 1/3 of the Torpedo was simply, meh. The last 2/3 though was fantastic, smoked this one to the nub. It has the earthiness that is pretty common to the Gurkha line, but a pretty medium body as well.

12. dpatsil

dpatsil Senior Member

So some of you guys are now preferring the smaller ring gauges, huh? Horsecock's don't taste so good anymore, no? Ah, the education continues. Keep smoking. I can't wait to hear what other discoveries you'll trip across.

13. jet

jet Persian Bro

^lol

14. bdeuce22

Serious question.

what are some of your favorite cigar blogs? what do you like about them? what do you dislike about? with any blog, what characteristics do you like or want to see? I assume interface is huge. good writing (would definitely need to work on that) is another.

a few of us over cigars and eagle rare 17 started brainstorming some ideas.

15. Warren G.

I enjoy reading stogie review (all seem like cool guys, and enjoy reading their articles) and cigarguide (he review CC and NC). I also like watching FriendsofHabanos videos review.