Cigars

Discussion in 'Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel' started by hopkins_student, Nov 30, 2004.

1. fcuknu

fcuknu Senior member

[​IMG] Every cigar smoker needs a pair of these. Fits right on the keychain, has an adjuster, a bleader, a bottle opener, and 1 other thing (nail dirt get-er out-er?).

2. PartagasIV

PartagasIV Senior member

Any one of you guys tried any of this year's EL's? Fuck the Trinidad, way too expensive/short and the Robusto T is too good, but the Monte Grand Edmundo and Party Serie D Especiale are the best EL's I think since the '07 Hoyo Regalos and the '04 Romeo Hermoso #2.

3. ama

ama Senior member

Any one of you guys tried any of this year's EL's? Fuck the Trinidad, way too expensive/short and the Robusto T is too good, but the Monte Grand Edmundo and Party Serie D Especiale are the best EL's I think since the '07 Hoyo Regalos and the '04 Romeo Hermoso #2.

You really think that they are better than last year's Mag 48? The couple Mag 48s I've had have been great.

4. jet

jet Persian Bro

Damn you guys makin me blow all my dough on tobacco.

PS. The second smallest rubber condom on the vector works flawlessly with no leakage. I can now weld with my dupont if I so choose.

5. Krish the Fish

Krish the Fish Senior member

Damn you guys makin me blow all my dough on tobacco.

PS. The second smallest rubber condom on the vector works flawlessly with no leakage. I can now weld with my dupont if I so choose.

My vector didn't come with any adaptors. [​IMG]

also, on an unrelated note, I'm unsure about drilling into the back of my edgestar... We'll see how this one ends up. Also, anyone with a wineador, what do you put your HF beads in (in the wineador)? tupperware I'm assuming?

6. ama

ama Senior member

^ Pantyhose! Srsyly.

7. holymadness

holymadness Senior member

You really think that they are better than last year's Mag 48? The couple Mag 48s I've had have been great.
    I thought you said a few pages ago that they were way too young.

8. gnatty8

gnatty8 Senior member

agreed on CI. had a padilla 32 from ama over the weekend that he bought at his local store. something about it was better than what i've got from CI. sometimes i get a harsh feeling from the CI ones.

Y'know, I have to say I agree with this, and I think it comes down to humidity. I almost never smoke anything I get from CI without letting them sit for at least a few weeks in my humidor. They just taste, dry, is the best way to put it. The 1932 is one of the best robustos going when it's done right.

had a perdomo habano robusto last night. great cigar, really falling in love with this mark

Agreed, very good cigar for the price. About the only thing I will smoke from Perdomo these days, besides maybe the corojo.

9. ama

ama Senior member

I thought you said a few pages ago that they were way too young.

They are, at least I think. That being said, they taste like they have great potential for their age.

Y'know, I have to say I agree with this, and I think it comes down to humidity. I almost never smoke anything I get from CI without letting them sit for at least a few weeks in my humidor. They just taste, dry, is the best way to put it. The 1932 is one of the best robustos going when it's done right.

I love the '32, really a great stick. The T52 I had from CI had been at 65% for over 6 months though and still tasted lousy. I think the problem is that once sticks dry out they lose a lot or oils and subsequently flavor. Most if not all the stuff that arrives from CI is bone dry.

10. jet

jet Persian Bro

you have to crank up the rh a bit when you first get in new sticks from transit and nics love higher rh, so the 32s would have to be stored at least at 70% to taste good again

11. ama

ama Senior member

you have to crank up the rh a bit when you first get in new sticks from transit and nics love higher rh, so the 32s would have to be stored at least at 70% to taste good again

Eh, I don't know. Once a stick has dried out that badly its usually a lost cause. I've tried keeping them in tupperware with Bovida 72% packs. Didn't really help unfortunately. I think its safer to just not buy from them any longer.

12. Warren G.

Warren G. Senior member

Smoke an Illusion today [​IMG]

13. jet

jet Persian Bro

Eh, I don't know. Once a stick has dried out that badly its usually a lost cause. I've tried keeping them in tupperware with Bovida 72% packs. Didn't really help unfortunately. I think its safer to just not buy from them any longer.

that's pretty bad, lost cause at that point...mine were alright when they got here

14. P. Bateman

P. Bateman Senior member

^ Pantyhose! Srsyly.

Ya, I like the old lady socks at Walgreens. 2 for $1.00.

15. jet

jet Persian Bro

Thinking about copping aristrocrat later on, how big are your guys' cabinet humidors? Wondering if a 50-60 ct would suffice for several years to come.