Cigars

Discussion in 'Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel' started by hopkins_student, Nov 30, 2004.

1. bdeuce22

bdeuce22 Senior member

golfing early today. another perfect fucking day. too cold for jet's weak ass though. 63F this morning.

V, use Vector. 2 giant cans for $15-20 is a great buy. i used the small dupont can for my first few refills and wasn't that impressed. Other than being tiny for $9-10, it just doesn't make the torch as powerful as what the Vector does. vector has also helped my pb-blazer. used cheapo fluid on that and it created problems, few cycles with vector and it's almost good as new.

2. PartagasIV

PartagasIV Senior member

Concur on the Vector fuel. Think I got mine from cigarmony dot com. 2 bottles will last you about 2000 cigars.

3. Krish the Fish

Krish the Fish Senior member

My EdgeStar just came in, and I'm anxiously trying to get that plastic smell out. Also, trying to figure out how to get my Johnson Controls thermostat to work with it without having to drill a hole in the back. [​IMG] Right now it's filled with cigar boxes & a fridge/freezer pack of baking soda. Later today I will rinse the inside, and hopefully not have to drill through the thing & fill with silicone caulk.

4. bdeuce22

bdeuce22 Senior member

^^ you may not need that thermostat. mine stays at 63F at the highest setting. didn't feel like paying $70 to control it at 65F. I'd test it out before you drill.

also, to get that smell out of there. i made a baking soda paste and used a towel and scrubbed it down. lot of baking soda, little water, and some elbow grease got the smell out in an hour.

5. jet

jet Persian Bro

Thanks gents, ci has 2 packs for 12.95 so I will cop a couple.

6. ama

ama Senior member

^ they are probaly dried out [​IMG]

Seriously, I had my last T52 that I got from them last week and it was awful. I'm done with them. I'd rather pay more $ and get a product with a fighting chance of being good than "save" a few bucks and get something discernibly inferior.

7. jet

jet Persian Bro

hahahahaa

8. bdeuce22

bdeuce22 Senior member

agreed on CI. had a padilla 32 from ama over the weekend that he bought at his local store. something about it was better than what i've got from CI. sometimes i get a harsh feeling from the CI ones.

i still wouldn't pay Michigan retail for the things and the prices that CI dishes them out is really good, but there is a markable difference in the characteristics. i'm done buying NCs for now, but when i do pick some more up, padillas will probably be the only thing i buy from them.

V, when you get the vector you don't need one of the adapters for the xtend. the bare end works best.

going to have a very nice package waiting for me tonight.

9. jet

jet Persian Bro

Cool thanks, going to cop from williams sonoma by work has them in stock.

10. jet

jet Persian Bro

Copped, instant gratification.

How are you guys purging the excess air without damaging the pin? Anything else I should know about refilling the xtend?

11. ErnestoG.

ErnestoG. Senior member

had a perdomo habano robusto last night. great cigar, really falling in love with this mark

12. ama

ama Senior member

Copped, instant gratification.

How are you guys purging the excess air without damaging the pin? Anything else I should know about refilling the xtend?

The best, and coolest way I have seen is drilling a hole in the bottom of a spent can and using that to purge the tank. Works perfectly.

13. PartagasIV

PartagasIV Senior member

To clear my xtend before refilling, I actually use the narrow end of a collar stay to purge the valve and get it totally empty before gassing it back up. Has not damaged the pin so far...

14. jet

jet Persian Bro

The best, and coolest way I have seen is drilling a hole in the bottom of a spent can and using that to purge the tank. Works perfectly.

perfect, will try the second i get home (10)

To clear my xtend before refilling, I actually use the narrow end of a collar stay to purge the valve and get it totally empty before gassing it back up. Has not damaged the pin so far...

I will continue using my tip of the fork method since I don't have any metal collar stays.

15. bdeuce22

bdeuce22 Senior member

use a wooden kabob skewer. gets the job done and the wood won't hurt it