Cigars

Discussion in 'Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel' started by hopkins_student, Nov 30, 2004.

1. Krish the Fish

Krish the Fish Senior member

sol is from mexico, you should be able to find it pretty easily in the usa.

Yeah I fucked up.

Anyways, got bombed by the good BOTLs at Puff 3 days in a row this week, with no space in any of humidors.... gonna have to shift everything around to make space [​IMG] but I guess this a good problem to have.

2 midterms on monday, so definitely a victory smoke after that.

2. jet

jet Persian Bro

Cohiba night last night thanks to a very generous friend
    -smoked an 07 siglo i, kicked in after the first ash nice little cigar
    -did a puff puff pass on a 54 behike, this was intense and impressive (the quality, construction, draw all were excellent and it was very complex)
    -01 cohiba lancero, this was superb
    -also got two maduros, the small and med size will report back on these

Was gifted a custom rolled cigar, a du prince from 02 and some excellent looking trinidads from a homie that just arrived.

I will actually some pics later today. It is shaping up to be a glorious weekend.

3. jet

jet Persian Bro

Have to retake my other pics but here's a small one, smoking the du prince now. [​IMG]

4. bdeuce22

bdeuce22 Senior member

absolute perfect night at the lake house tonight. 70 with a slight breeze coming of lake huron. had a ton of cigars this weekend.

Notables:

SLR A - unbelievable smoke for being young. Right now, the most enjoyable CC I have in my possession. traded some NCs to a guy with some 01 SLR As. ama, will send a couple your way.

Patel Decade 10th anniversary - one of the few patels i enjoy.

Illusione 2 - one of my fav NCs perfect every time i light one up.

my favorite cigar so far was an El Triunfador lancero. I think this was the original blend. Not sure if the new blend is the same (don't think so, since the wrapper is different), but holy shit this was great. Not many cigars, especially lanceros, I say, "fuck, that was awesome", but this was definitely one of them. if you guys can find some, get some.

5. ama

ama Senior member

Have to retake my other pics but here's a small one, smoking the du prince now.

[​IMG]

Those look good, you roll with a nice crowd. Hows the Che?

absolute perfect night at the lake house tonight. 70 with a slight breeze coming of lake huron. had a ton of cigars this weekend.

Notables:

SLR A - unbelievable smoke for being young. Right now, the most enjoyable CC I have in my possession. traded some NCs to a guy with some 01 SLR As. ama, will send a couple your way.

Patel Decade 10th anniversary - one of the few patels i enjoy.

Illusione 2 - one of my fav NCs perfect every time i light one up.

my favorite cigar so far was an El Triunfador lancero. I think this was the original blend. Not sure if the new blend is the same (don't think so, since the wrapper is different), but holy shit this was great. Not many cigars, especially lanceros, I say, "fuck, that was awesome", but this was definitely one of them. if you guys can find some, get some.

Sounds like a good weekend so far. Love the ET OR, and yes, its the OR. The new blend is not the same. The OR is the same blend at the Cabaiguan Maduro, the new one is the new ET blend. Thanks in advance for '01 SLRs too, looking forward to seeing what the '08s will become, and don't worry, I have something good for you too.

6. jet

jet Persian Bro

Ya I do, great bunch of guys. Haven't smoked the che yet, soon. Here are a couple more pics since this thread needs more. The trinis from the homie [​IMG] and a pic of one of my travel humis [​IMG]

7. P. Bateman

P. Bateman Senior member

Smoked an Opus with 3.5 years on it. Perfect construction and draw, but boring boring first half with a bitter/stale finish. Thoroughly disappointing. [​IMG]

8. fcuknu

fcuknu Senior member

Ive said it for a while that it could be one of my favorite cigars of all time. Its got that beautiful broadleaf wrapper (like the t52) which is so flavorful.

9. gnatty8

gnatty8 Senior member

I am envious, it's been over 90 degrees here in the Durty South for the past month and a half or so. It's 95 degrees as I type this now at 6:10 pm. I honestly think the summer weather is less conducive than winter weather for cigar smoking here.

Had another My Father Bijou this weekend, easily one of the top 3 cigars right now. So consistent, and very complex.

Wishing it was October.

10. Warren G.

Warren G. Senior member

It's pretty hot over here in New Orleans as well. I'm lucky to discover a closer B&M now. I tried smoking outside a couple days ago, it was just too hot.

11. PartagasIV

PartagasIV Senior member

Today after work have had an 06 Monte Especiale #1 (had to be delicate with the draw), an 08 Cohiba Robusto from El Laguito, up now is aan 08 VR Famoso, mocha and woody bomb.

Have two boxes of the Benelux RE Fonseca coming my way this week, hopefully...not much experience smoking recent production Fonsecas but I have read encouraging reviews of '08 #1's.

12. Neo1824

Neo1824 Senior member

I am envious, it's been over 90 degrees here in the Durty South for the past month and a half or so. It's 95 degrees as I type this now at 6:10 pm. I honestly think the summer weather is less conducive than winter weather for cigar smoking here.

Had another My Father Bijou this weekend, easily one of the top 3 cigars right now. So consistent, and very complex.

Wishing it was October.

I dream of 95F..we don't get down to that until around midnight-1am. 115F right now. Everytime I think of a cigar and step outside I start melting into the patio.

13. Razele

Razele Senior member

Enjoying a montecristo #4 on the advice of you boys - I grabbed a single and a no name nicoraguan at my garbage local.

The monte was Fantastic. Great with some brandy on this beautiful day. 20 Celsius on my front two story porch.

Going to grab a humidor to fit 150 and a travel humi for my frequent flying. Will grab a box of number fours and a few samplers, then start to grab the recs from this thread.

Thanks a bunch guys. This is one of the best threads.

14. jet

jet Persian Bro

Too cold in socal, quite a cool summer so far. Was mid 70s earlier but by late afternoon when I went to spark up my rass, dipped in the 60s with wind which was not enjoyable. Actually found a really good cigar friendly restaurant with a spectacular gigantic patio view I am going to visit again next weekend.

What butane are you guys using in your duponts? Need to order something other than ronson.

15. Krish the Fish

Krish the Fish Senior member

Too cold in socal, quite a cool summer so far. Was mid 70s earlier but by late afternoon when I went to spark up my rass, dipped in the 60s with wind which was not enjoyable. Actually found a really good cigar friendly restaurant with a spectacular gigantic patio view I am going to visit again next weekend.

What butane are you guys using in your duponts? Need to order something other than ronson.

Vector. Haven't had any problems yet with the stuff. It comes in a big can too.