Cigars

Discussion in 'Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel' started by hopkins_student, Nov 30, 2004.

1. Warren G.

Warren G. Senior member

[​IMG]

2. P. Bateman

P. Bateman Senior member

Took a picture tonight of my Aristo M Plus THC 25", didn't bother with the LT storage cooler.
    Thumbnail:
    [​IMG]

Cool speakers. What are those? Vintage?

3. holymadness

holymadness Senior member

+1 [​IMG]

4. holymadness

Smoked a San Luis Rey Churchill this afternoon. Not going to bother doing a full review because I think I got a dud. Despite a perfect construction (wrapper, lighting, draw all impeccable) there was very little flavour in this cigar. What's more, the flavours I noticed near the end as it got stronger (grass, peat, wood) are completely different from those most people doing reviews of these attribute to it (honey, chocolate, caramel). On the plus side, the smoke was creamy to the point of feeling almost like liquid in my mouth, but overall it was a disappointment. I have another in my humidor which I will revisit in a few months to see if there's any difference. [​IMG]

5. Krish the Fish

Krish the Fish Senior member

That beer looks delicious. One thing that I miss about Europe is the beer. Good beer is ubiquitous there... here you have to search.

Today will be no smoking for me; tomorrow after my organic chemistry midterm will be very different.

6. jobro

jobro Senior member

How do you like the Sol beer? I can't say I was much of a fan. I've seen mixed reviews.

7. jet

jet Persian Bro

Keep spending time posting on Cigar Asylum and you'll get to know all those guys. It is pretty much the same crew. Yes, it is an old boys network but their bark is much worse than their bite. They can teach you a lot.

I'm not on there much but a couple of my buddies have excellent collections.

Took a picture tonight of my Aristo M Plus THC 25", didn't bother with the LT storage cooler.

I think you got space for more.

8. holymadness

How do you like the Sol beer? I can't say I was much of a fan. I've seen mixed reviews.
    Serious question?

It tastes like Corona, more or less. I drink it with a wedge of lime. Perfect for hot weather.

9. Krish the Fish

Krish the Fish Senior member

Serious question?

It tastes like Corona, more or less. I drink it with a wedge of lime. Perfect for hot weather.

on that note, I retract my earlier statement.

10. fcuknu

fcuknu Senior member

You like sol? I guess your taste for shit extends beyond cigars

11. gnatty8

gnatty8 Senior member

So I'm having a Quesada Serie Limitada. Never had this brand before, but it's a decent cigar. Box pressed. Beautiful wrapper, almost reminds me of a Padron. Anybody have one of these before?

12. PartagasIV

PartagasIV Senior member

Bateman, speakers are just some floorstanding Tower I's from Cambridge Soundworks without the grilles attached. Nothing fancy, pretty old at this point but I have problems budgeting discretionary income towards most things aside from this hobby. Have a Definitive Tech Supercube II, BP2x rear surrounds, and Procenter center to round it the system in my tiny apartment.

Anyone who hasn't tried a recent Trinidad Robusto T should attempt to grab a couple. Puts a lot of other 08-09 robustos to shame. Sorry HM, no spice and no even burn. But extremely smooth, creamy flavor. They've also come down in price a bunch from the original release. No '98 Fundadores, but makes recent Reyes/Robusto Extras look bad.

13. Warren G.

Warren G. Senior member

Smoke an Ashton vsg today [​IMG]

14. ama

ama Senior member

Took a picture tonight of my Aristo M Plus THC 25", didn't bother with the LT storage cooler. Thumbnail: [​IMG]
    That looks pretty damn amazing. How many boxes you have in there?
    So I'm having a Quesada Serie Limitada. Never had this brand before, but it's a decent cigar. Box pressed. Beautiful wrapper, almost reminds me of a Padron. Anybody have one of these before?
    Never even seen that brand before. Do you know more about it?
    Anyone who hasn't tried a recent Trinidad Robusto T should attempt to grab a couple. Puts a lot of other 08-09 robustos to shame. Sorry HM, no spice and no even burn. But extremely smooth, creamy flavor. They've also come down in price a bunch from the original release. No '98 Fundadores, but makes recent Reyes/Robusto Extras look bad.
    Thanks for writing something about that cigar. I haven't seen much about it, but I've been interested in it. I smoked three cigars this weekend, two had good spice, all three burned well. Viaje Summerfest Robusto [​IMG] Very woody and creamy. Spice tailed off in the last third and it left my mouth feeling pretty dry. Enough redeeming qualities to merit a second smoke though. Viaje Oro Robusto [​IMG] Liked this one a lot, plenty of interesting notes, cinnamon, something a little floral and some Davidoff like mustiness. Nosotros Corona [​IMG] I don't have much good to say about this cigar. Pepper and ammonia. Might be good a year or two, but not now.

15. holymadness

on that note, I retract my earlier statement.
    I'm not sure you've had a lot of "European" beer.
    You like sol? I guess your taste for shit extends beyond cigars
    [​IMG]
    Bought some a couple weeks ago, coincidentally. I will give one a try. Thanks.