Cigars

Discussion in 'Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel' started by hopkins_student, Nov 30, 2004.

1. holymadness

holymadness Senior member

Hello again thread. I am back.

Have any of you heard of the new Behike line meant to ressuscitate the fortunes of the Cuban cigar industry? Supposedly it uses a "fourth leaf" called the medio tiempo which is even more flavourful than the ligero and only grows when conditions are perfect.

They're selling for between $40 and $60 a stick. More info here: http://www.1001cubancigars.com/archive/behike.html

Bit rich for my blood, and the singles are selling for over $90 each so it's not like I'm falling over myself to buy one as a special occasion smoke either. [​IMG]

2. ama

ama Senior member

Hello again thread. I am back.

Have any of you heard of the new Behike line meant to ressuscitate the fortunes of the Cuban cigar industry? Supposedly it uses a "fourth leaf" called the medio tiempo which is even more flavourful than the ligero and only grows when conditions are perfect.

They're selling for between $40 and $60 a stick. More info here: http://www.1001cubancigars.com/archive/behike.html

Bit rich for my blood, and the singles are selling for over $90 each so it's not like I'm falling over myself to buy one as a special occasion smoke either. [​IMG]

While you were gone the threak discussed these and decided that the obscene ring gauges and exorbitant prices were not favorable.

3. holymadness

Ah true, back in April, even!!! Well, that answers that.

4. jet

jet Persian Bro

New travel humidor copped, pics to come fosho.

5. bdeuce22

bdeuce22 Senior member

what did you settle on? i need one ASAP for some long weekend trips coming up/.

6. jet

jet Persian Bro

settled on this

I know Zero Halliburton makes probaby the sickest aluminum cigar cases...like the attache cases they make but with trays for cigars. Just googled, though, and couldn't find a store link worth a damn though. I thought they were around ~400-500 for 30 cigar storage, the attache. Could be wrong.

Smoking an 07 Fundadores, makes me wish I still had some original '98s lying around. Good, nothing exceptional. Hard to tell if they need a bunch more time or my tastebuds are just burnt out.

7. bdeuce22

bdeuce22 Senior member

nice. let us know how it is.

Seriously tempted to try an SLR A or VR Famoso tonight. I KNOW i should wait, but they look and smell amazing.

8. holymadness

Wait.

I don't understand why look, smell and "taste while unlit" are factored into cigar reviews. In my experience they have nothing to do with the end result.

lulz @ jet for buying a $500 travel humi that holds 30 sticks. I have 2x15 capacity X-treme travel humis that I bought for $35 (CDN!!) each and they work flawlessly. Perfect humidity control.

9. jet

jet Persian Bro

^u still mad b?

congrats on your tackle box!

hahaaa

10. jobro

jobro Senior member

Wait.

I don't understand why look, smell and "taste while unlit" are factored into cigar reviews. In my experience they have nothing to do with the end result.

I absolutely love the smell of unlit cigars. Bill Clinton even has a cigar he smells exclusively on a plane.
    lulz @ jet for buying a $500 travel humi that holds 30 sticks. I have 2x15 capacity X-treme travel humis that I bought for $35 (CDN!!) each and they work flawlessly. Perfect humidity control.
    ... if you don't like the [content of the] thread, don't read or contribute to it. Many appear to enjoy the existence of this thread so why shit on it.

Example
    nice.

11. ama

ama Senior member

nice. let us know how it is.

Seriously tempted to try an SLR A or VR Famoso tonight. I KNOW i should wait, but they look and smell amazing.

Do it. Hell, have both and let us (more importantly, me) how they are!

12. bdeuce22

bdeuce22 Senior member

Wait. I don't understand why look, smell and "taste while unlit" are factored into cigar reviews. In my experience they have nothing to do with the end result. lulz @ jet for buying a $500 travel humi that holds 30 sticks. I have 2x15 capacity X-treme travel humis that I bought for $35 (CDN!!) each and they work flawlessly. Perfect humidity control.
    wait. are you serious? sight and smell are pretty much the first thing one judges something on any occasion. food, drinks, women, etc. i'm not saying they WILL be good, just saying they smell good. i guess you don't judge anything by it's appearance or smell. Maybe that's why you like bathroom analogies.

13. holymadness

Sure, I love the way unlit cigars smell. Opening a humidor always gives you a noseful of that great toasted tobacco odour.

But I think this has little to do with the end result when smoked.

I also think that appearance, except insofar as proper construction is concerned, is a superfluous consideration. I have read reviews where the vitola was denied a fifth star just for the wrapper (too veiny, etc.). Seems absurd.

14. holymadness

^u still mad b?

congrats on your tackle box!

hahaaa

What would I be mad about? You bring the luls.

15. bdeuce22

bdeuce22 Senior member

well i didn't mention anything about a cigar review or the end result of the smoke. just merely mentioned them looking nice unlit.

and i agree that appearance usually means nothing in the end result.