Cigars

Discussion in 'Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel' started by hopkins_student, Nov 30, 2004.

1. jet

jet Persian Bro

Prefer 26 to 64 so f u fools.

Thinking about picking up a 30 cigar travel humi case.

2. ama

ama Senior member

I smoked a delicious plumey VSG corona today. Really well aged.

[​IMG]

3. jerrybrowne

jerrybrowne Senior member

I agree with this. I like the 64 > 26 and maduro > natural. I wouldn't turn down any of them as gifts

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

+1. 64 exclusivos maduro or natural are two of my favorite cigars.

Tried a 40th today. Very nice, but not worth $25 IMHO.

4. gnatty8

gnatty8 Senior member

Not sure why you all find the price/quality/taste ratio for Tatuaje Brown Label so bad. I can pick up most of these for under $10 where I live, which is a pretty good price for a very fine cigar.

5. bdeuce22

bdeuce22 Senior member

you live in a very tax friendly area. also, i'm quite sure my b&m jacks the price up too since, at any given time, they are sold out of at least a few tatuajes. the demand they have around me is pretty crazy. most brown labels tats by me are $15+.

6. ama

ama Senior member

What B said. You get them on the cheap. Where I live they are markedly more expensive.

7. ama

ama Senior member

Prefer 26 to 64 so f u fools.

Thinking about picking up a 30 cigar travel humi case.

Get a converted Pelican case (Google pelican humidor or something like that, I think the company is called Armored Humidor).

It might not be the classiest option, but it works really well. They keep humidity impeccably.

8. jet

jet Persian Bro

haha

9. bdeuce22

bdeuce22 Senior member

i'll take your dunhill. i'll give ya $25 for it.

10. ama

ama Senior member

haha

You're right, this should be a multi-thousand dollar purchase. Maybe Elie Bleu can whip up something quick for you. [​IMG]

11. jet

jet Persian Bro

i'll take your dunhill. i'll give ya $25 for it.

You're right, this should be a multi-thousand dollar purchase. Maybe Elie Bleu can whip up something quick for you. [​IMG]

No and No

12. Joebiech

Joebiech Member

Is this a Casa Magna Toro? If so, it is literally the worst cigar in the world. Like smoking a used coffee filter wrapped in tree bark.

I (unfortunately) have one or two kicking around that I bought as part of a collection from someone who quit smoking. If any of you are in Paris, I will pay you €5 for each one that you smoke in front of me. Matches will be provided free of charge.

In more serious news: I have acquired the habit of cutting the tips of my cigars a few days before smoking them. I find it has completely resolved any issues I ever had with plugs -- by relaxing the tension on the leaves, I think. I'm now considering just cutting the tips of all my cigars as soon as I buy them. Any thoughts from the unwashed masses?

A. If you are plugged, you either have a poorly rolled cigar and should get a draw tool.
    B. Plugging might also be due to high humidity. Some cigars will prefer different humidity vs others. If you find that certain cigars have a tendency of being plugged, try dry boxing prior to smoking.
    C. I find that it would be ill advisable to actually cut the cigar prior to storage due to possibilities of unraveling. If the cap had no function and only caused problems, they wouldn't have put one on.

13. PartagasIV

PartagasIV Senior member

I know Zero Halliburton makes probaby the sickest aluminum cigar cases...like the attache cases they make but with trays for cigars. Just googled, though, and couldn't find a store link worth a damn though. I thought they were around ~400-500 for 30 cigar storage, the attache. Could be wrong. Smoking an 07 Fundadores, makes me wish I still had some original '98s lying around. Good, nothing exceptional. Hard to tell if they need a bunch more time or my tastebuds are just burnt out.
    No and No

14. bdeuce22

bdeuce22 Senior member

H Upmann Mag 50. late 08 box code i think and smoking very good right now. probably my favorite habano at the moment of my collection. comprehensive review here

15. fcuknu

fcuknu Senior member

C. I find that it would be ill advisable to actually cut the cigar prior to storage due to possibilities of unraveling. If the cap had no function and only caused problems, they wouldn't have put one on.

Well, you dont cut the entire cap off...