Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Cigars

Discussion in 'Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel' started by hopkins_student, Nov 30, 2004.

1. fcuknu

fcuknu Senior member

Wow, didn't realize there was so much hate for the mainline (brown label) tats. I agree that they are overpriced, and thats a big reason why i haven't smoked one in a while.

2. ama

ama Senior member

Wow, didn't realize there was so much hate for the mainline (brown label) tats. I agree that they are overpriced, and thats a big reason why i haven't smoked one in a while.

I don't think its hate, more of a pricing issue. I happen not to care for them a great deal, but I recognize that they are objectively good sticks. The price just seals the deal for me though.

3. bdeuce22

bdeuce22 Senior member

it's not that i dislike them or think they are an abomination like the air benders, it's more that if i'm going to spend $13+ there is a whole hell of a lot more out there in that price range that i'd pick. i'd pick an anejo 50 over a conoju 06 any day of the week.

edit - [​IMG] ama is quicker to the punch

4. Krish the Fish

Krish the Fish Senior member

I don't get La Traviatas either. They taste very sour to me. I don't enjoy them. I like Brickhouses though.

I get that taste too... someone told me that it was the Cameroon, but I don't know for sure. I still enjoy them, but there's that weird sour-ish taste lingering throughout.

5. bdeuce22

bdeuce22 Senior member

^^^ maybe it's the aftertaste from the worst cigar created in 2010, the Airbender.[​IMG]

6. fcuknu

fcuknu Senior member

That airbended really blew man. I thought it was me. The guy at Davidoff said that i would like it. Mannnnnnnn, that sheiiiiiit sucked.

7. bdeuce22

bdeuce22 Senior member

i unfortunately had two. the first one i had was when i was visiting my GF's parents in minnesota. terrible. second one was from my store in MI and it was even worse.

8. ama

ama Senior member

i unfortunately had two. the first one i had was when i was visiting my GF's parents in minnesota. terrible. second one was from my store in MI and it was even worse.

Woohoo! MN wins at sucking less! [​IMG]

9. jet

jet Persian Bro

I like the brown label reservas they just cost too much.

10. ama

ama Senior member

I like the brown label reservas they just cost too much.

Which ones? The only Tat Reserva I ever liked was a maduro that I had a while back (Noella, maybe?). I don't think they make too many of those anymore, haven't seen one since.

As an aside, the pricing on the Reserva is absolutely absurd.

11. jet

jet Persian Bro

I don't recall the name just was thinner than a toro but longer, about 15 bux which is way too much so I stopped getting them.

Smoking cubes more nowadays so the only others I really enjoy smoking are padrons, o v maduro, t52s etc.

Was gifted a 1926 saturday so I am really looking forward to sparkin that up.

12. ama

ama Senior member

I don't recall the name just was thinner than a toro but longer, about 15 bux which is way too much so I stopped getting them.

Smoking cubes more nowadays so the only others I really enjoy smoking are padrons, o v maduro, t52s etc.

Was gifted a 1926 saturday so I am really looking forward to sparkin that up.

It was an SW. I had one of those in last few months. Was not a fan.

13. jet

jet Persian Bro

I'll find out the name next time I'm there, I think fcuknu posted it up a long time ago too. Tired of experimenting with all these garbage little brands that come out every week.

14. bdeuce22

bdeuce22 Senior member

curious to what you think of the 26. i like the 64s a tad better. maduro > natural.

long day at the office today and an even longer one tomorrow. relaxing with an AF rosado gran reserva. Love the flavor of these.
    [​IMG]

15. ama

ama Senior member

I agree with this. I like the 64 > 26 and maduro > natural. I wouldn't turn down any of them as gifts though!

curious to what you think of the 26. i like the 64s a tad better. maduro > natural.

long day at the office today and an even longer one tomorrow. relaxing with an AF rosado gran reserva. Love the flavor of these.
    [​IMG]