Cigars

Discussion in 'Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel' started by hopkins_student, Nov 30, 2004.

1. bdeuce22

bdeuce22 Senior member

I think flavor transfer is possible, but i think that process takes a long time, even longer if the cigars have cello on them. I'm not sure if I have ever experienced it and I have cigars stashed away that have been sitting together for 4-5 years. I think people don't realize that diffusion in anything is so slow at room temperature, that to truly impart one cigar's flavor into another would take years. I can possibly see a wrapper of one cigar leaving oil residue on another where you could taste or smell it.

2. Krish the Fish

Krish the Fish Senior member

Is this a Casa Magna Toro? If so, it is literally the worst cigar in the world. Like smoking a used coffee filter wrapped in tree bark.

I agree. I had the toro and it was awful for me as well.

3. PartagasIV

PartagasIV Senior member

Smoking my first Punch Platino, India RE, box 238/600. Started off very mild but has steadily increased in body. Started off toasted tobacco with cream, wood notes have picked up significantly in the last half. Nice cigar, but at 2x the price of a Punch DC...

4. bdeuce22

bdeuce22 Senior member

This is making up for my horribly plugged psd4 I just threw away in disgust.

Krish. You made a good choice picking these up. Getting better each time I have one

[​IMG]

5. holymadness

holymadness Senior member

Styleforumites rejoice, this April the French government reached an agreement with Tatuaje to permit imports to France, thus continuing a grand tradition of allowing Americans to travel to exotic locations overseas in order to experience things they already know and like, c.f. McDonalds.

To mark this grand occasion, I will attempt to buy some based on your recommendations. Please, am only interested in vitolas with some spice and good burn. Smokable out of the box a plus. Give me your top 3 and I will reward you all with copious reviews that shall fall like a gentle rain from heaven.

6. bdeuce22

bdeuce22 Senior member

The only ones worth it to me are the Black or Red Tubos. Everything else I've had from Tatuaje has fallen short. Is it limited to just Tatuaje or everything Pete Johnson is attached to?

7. holymadness

holymadness Senior member

8. bdeuce22

bdeuce22 Senior member

If thats all France is getting, I wouldn't get too excited. Out of those I think the Noella or the Conoju 06 are the best of the bunch.

9. ama

ama Senior member

La Rickys, Caba Guapos Maduros and OR ET Lanceros (brown band) are the best Tats I've had by a wide margin.

10. fcuknu

fcuknu Senior member

Really? Not a fan of the tatuaje mainline? I havent smoked them in a while, but they were always good to me.

11. Krish the Fish

Krish the Fish Senior member

The only ones worth it to me are the Black or Red Tubos. Everything else I've had from Tatuaje has fallen short. Is it limited to just Tatuaje or everything Pete Johnson is attached to?

same. if it is all of Pete Johnson's work, then you're in for a treat. If it's merely the Tat lineup...[​IMG]

...okay saw the link. I heard good things about the reserva & the conojus. My B&M has the unicos, which was the first Tat i tried. This is the face I made whilst smoking: [​IMG] However, the tubos got me hooked. If you can get any cabaiguans in the near or distant future, try that. Don Pepin-signature pepper, yes, but less so than from other works of his (La Aroma new blend anyone?), and a milder bodied smoke than his usual fare (though still mild-medium).

Also, the black bands have never received much in the terms of negative criticism, so if you get those over there, do try.

12. ama

ama Senior member

Really? Not a fan of the tatuaje mainline? I havent smoked them in a while, but they were always good to me.

Not my favorites, no. I honestly don't get the hype and the price isn't amazing on them either.

13. bdeuce22

bdeuce22 Senior member

I get more enjoyment out of a La Traviata or Brickhouse for 1/3 of the price.

14. ama

ama Senior member

I get more enjoyment out of a La Traviata or Brickhouse for 1/3 of the price.

I don't get La Traviatas either. They taste very sour to me. I don't enjoy them. I like Brickhouses though.

15. bdeuce22

bdeuce22 Senior member

I let mine sit for a couple months. it's one of two CAO lines i enjoy.

i can't wait to try one of those SLR As