Cigars

Discussion in 'Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel' started by hopkins_student, Nov 30, 2004.

1. nootje

nootje Senior member

Cool. I usually never have time to go to cigar events at my local B&M, but the two I have made time to go to were when Pete Johnson was in town, and another, when Don Pepin brought one of his rollers on the road. It's an interesting experience to meet the people behind the brands. Must be amazing to have a career in something a person really actually loves to do. Not that I don't enjoy what I do but fuck it, if I could make a good living in one of my hobbies, I'd be gone in a heartbeat.

[​IMG] As of next month it will be the second time ill be working in the cigar industry.. First time was for an importer of fuente/oliva here, and now im hired to help set up a webshop which will be very competitive in terms of price with the established shops..

As far as working in ones hobby goes, yeah its great. I smoke as much as i want, and get to meet a lot of interesting people. As a matter of fact, a week ago I got an offer to go to nicaragua in october. My employer got invited over by jose oliva to spend a week there, and he is going to seize the opportunity to meet up with a couple of other factories to make new deals. He wanted me to tag along for company [​IMG]

2. bdeuce22

bdeuce22 Senior member

[​IMG] As of next month it will be the second time ill be working in the cigar industry.. First time was for an importer of fuente/oliva here, and now im hired to help set up a webshop which will be very competitive in terms of price with the established shops..

As far as working in ones hobby goes, yeah its great. I smoke as much as i want, and get to meet a lot of interesting people. As a matter of fact, a week ago I got an offer to go to nicaragua in october. My employer got invited over by jose oliva to spend a week there, and he is going to seize the opportunity to meet up with a couple of other factories to make new deals. He wanted me to tag along for company [​IMG]

[​IMG]

that sounds like a good time. i hope you take him up on that offer.

3. Warren G.

Warren G. Senior member

Sounds like a sweet gig [​IMG]

4. ama

ama Senior member

Must be amazing to have a career in something a person really actually loves to do. Not that I don't enjoy what I do but fuck it, if I could make a good living in one of my hobbies, I'd be gone in a heartbeat.

Sounds like a sweet gig [​IMG]

+1 to both of these

5. Warren G.

Warren G. Senior member

Had this yesterday late afternoon. Hopefully I can light up an Oliver V when I get from work. Thanks for the recommendation ama. I never got the chance to try out a tat. [​IMG]

6. ACDoyle

ACDoyle Senior member

Phatash.com is having a good deal on the Benchmade, $50/25 in addition there is a 20% code, so it looks like a good deal. Never ordered from them so not sure about Customer Service

Code: FD20

7. bdeuce22

bdeuce22 Senior member

25 robustos + 8 churchills = $115. Couldn't resist.

[​IMG]

8. fcuknu

fcuknu Senior member

And you dont tell us?

9. bdeuce22

bdeuce22 Senior member

It's been an ongoing deal at my b&m. I swear I told you guys about it earlier. It's buy a box (any size) and get 8 churchills free. Robustos are $115. Toro like $125ish

You want a box?

10. bdeuce22

bdeuce22 Senior member

taking a break from cleaning my house. i really need to hire a maid. too fucking lazy.

[​IMG]

11. gnatty8

gnatty8 Senior member

Just finished first third of an Illusione Nosotros, and I must say, this is a rare miss for Illusione. Did not care for this cigar one bit, and will probably walk away and have a Tatuaje instead. Surprised, since this is a brand that usually delivers. Anyone else have any experience with these? Thought I might have seen one of you all poast on this recently..

12. fcuknu

fcuknu Senior member

yeah I wasnt impressed by the nosotros. A buddy of mine, who is a big illusione fan, also wasnt impressed.

13. P. Bateman

P. Bateman Senior member

[​IMG]

Pete hooked it up with the pre-pre-releases of the L'esprit '08, what an amazing cigar - so smooth, almost velvety, a bit of spice in the nostrils, and a bit of green in the back of the throat. These were rolled with semi-fermented tobacco, hence the green. I also picked up two boxes of the LE D'clouets. Letting them rest.

14. P. Bateman

P. Bateman Senior member

There's a good chance that a retailer in NY will buy up my remaining stock of GOF 2004,2005. [​IMG] That and I've bought the LFD culebras, allways wanted to have some culebras in the humi.
    Do you ever buy to invest? I've been thinking about it with certain LEs and HTFs...

15. Krish the Fish

Krish the Fish Senior member

just bought a box of fonseca no. 1s, and a 5 pack of siglo iv's. hope they treat me well.

edit: make that a box of RASS as well.