Cigars

Discussion in 'Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel' started by hopkins_student, Nov 30, 2004.

1. jet

jet Persian Bro

pitboss if you have any more questions feel free to pm me

Copped a little davidoff goodie from europe for dirt cheap since the euro is on its way to becoming worthless. Also might cop a beater 100 ct savoy humidor for my buddy's place which I will be crashing at in hollywood hills on occasion. He just built the house from ground up and has a spectacular view with pool/jacuzzi and everything automated which he will be able to control from his iphone. Needless to say I will be house sitting with female accompaniment when he's out of town haha.

2. bdeuce22

bdeuce22 Senior member

smoking cigars and drinking whiskey while watching/reading the press conference of coach tom izzo staying at my alma mater......[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. ama

ama Senior member

Go into it, it would be a change of routine from "great spice" and "uneven burn".
    Dude, if you want to read cigar reviews, go read cigar reviews. You don't need to continue to act all crotchety around here because we don't write about the jasmine, light oak and saffron notes in our cigars.

4. ErnestoG.

ErnestoG. Senior member

just bought myself an early birthday gift, the perdomo mega sampler from ci. $55 for 20 different perdomo cigars. really excited to try this mark

5. jet

jet Persian Bro

LOL!!!

Dude is still butthurt from the last time I bagged on him that he didn't respond to my pm when I asked him for some local shop info. Amazing and hard to believe he is a grown man, supposedly. Found it anyway.

6. holymadness

holymadness Senior member

Dude, if you want to read cigar reviews, go read cigar reviews. You don't need to continue to act all crotchety around here because we don't write about the jasmine, light oak and saffron notes in our cigars.
    This thread is like a day of the week underpants club, complete with photos. I have no idea why it exists.

What colour was your piss today? Did it have good flow or was there a plug? Did it last a whole minute or just 20 seconds? Did it have lots of ammonia or just a little? [​IMG]
    LOL!!!

Dude is still butthurt from the last time I bagged on him that he didn't respond to my pm when I asked him for some local shop info. Amazing and hard to believe he is a grown man, supposedly. Found it anyway.

WTF are you talking about you crazy pothead. I answered your question in the thread, for which reason you wrote to me via PM, and I quote: "Kind thanks for the response."

So please sit on it and swivel. [​IMG]

7. jobro

jobro Senior member

Who let the frenchman in here!?

All kidding aside, if you don't like the thread, don't read or contribute to it. Many appear to enjoy the existence of this thread so why shit on it.

8. bdeuce22

bdeuce22 Senior member

Who let the frenchman in here!?

All kidding aside, if you don't like the thread, don't read or contribute to it. Many appear to enjoy the existence of this thread so why shit on it.

been trying to understand this one for quite some time.

9. ama

ama Senior member

This thread is like a day of the week underpants club, complete with photos. I have no idea why it exists.

What colour was your piss today? Did it have good flow or was there a plug? Did it last a whole minute or just 20 seconds? Did it have lots of ammonia or just a little? [​IMG]

You use a lot of bathroom analogies. I don't get it.

I also fail to understand what you fail to understand about this thread. For one thing NCs are way below your standards so it ought not to make a difference to you what people post about them. Since the bulk of the posts in this thread concern NCs so you can safely ignore those. Regarding CCs, you know, or should know, that there are multitudes or review sites and magazines where people wax lyrical about the virtues of particular box codes and specific factories. Those sites and publications are interesting and I myself will admit to reading them on occasion to see what the masses and professionals in the field are saying about a specific cigar. They also have names that often indicate that the reader should expect reviews when going to that site or picking up that magazine.

This thread differs in many ways. First, it has a catch all name: "Cigars." Nothing about the name suggests that one should expect anything specific when reading it. Second, no one here pretends or acts like a professional or semi-professional reviewer. Most of us are professionals in other fields who happen to enjoy cigars. I for one, would enjoy my cigars far less if I was expected to post a lengthy (and often seemingly fabricated or imagined) review every time I wanted to converse about them. Lastly, this is but one thread on a massive forum that is dedicated to an entirely different topic. The internet is vast and there are other sites out there, some dedicated to the very information you are seeking. You should try some of those and leave us bourgeois here to drivel in our incompetence and short windedness. We clearly don't understand your genius.

10. fcuknu

fcuknu Senior member

11. ErnestoG.

ErnestoG. Senior member

picked up a la gloria cubana 3 pack at my local shop. it is called the collecion del dechado and includes the lgc corona gorda, artesanos de miami sabrosos and the serie r no. 5. all for around $19.

12. bdeuce22

bdeuce22 Senior member

Punch Rare Corojo

very enjoyable. have no clue on the details of this. ama gifted it to me. he has an excellent taste in cigar.

[​IMG]

holymadness click here

13. Warren G.

Warren G. Senior member

This is an awesome thread. My very good friend and I pick up smoking cigars a few months ago. Really relaxing hobby that's fasho. Anyway, his birthday is coming up in about 3 weeks. I'd love to get us some special smokes....one in the morning, and after dinner. We really enjoy the Padron anniversary line. We haven't tried any aged Opus/CC yet. Budget is pretty flexible....medium/full bodied...any wrapper/size/etc.... So any suggestion would be fine. Or willing to hook a brother up would also be cool[​IMG]

14. bdeuce22

bdeuce22 Senior member

smoking a padron 64 maduro right now. so delicious.

opus are good, but i enjoy anejos more. if you want something unique, try finding the anejo 77 (or Shark as the are always referred as). might be tough to come by now, since they are only released in December. other anejo vitolas are released in June and December. the blend for AF opus and anejos are kept secret, but they taste very similar. the opus is a more upfront, pronounced flavor and the anejo is more refined.

you could look at the higher end padrons, the 45th or 80th ann. but i find them not to be worth the $ premium over the 64 or 26. i'd rather have 2 1964s over 1 80th.

also look at Tatuaje Black Tubos. somewhat hard to come by as well. i'm not really a fan of other Tat cigars, but the black tubos are pretty good.

something lighter for the morning, look at the Illusione MJ12. a bit lighter than the cigars mentioned above. Davidoff Gran Crus are really good too for a lighter smoke.

fuck, i could go on for hours.

ygpm on some CCs.

15. ama

ama Senior member

Punch Rare Corojo very enjoyable. have no clue on the details of this. ama gifted it to me. he has an excellent taste in cigar.
    [​IMG] thanks B! My taste isn't all that great, I just buy too much so I have lots of things that age by default. [​IMG] That stick should be about four or so years old.
    This is an awesome thread. My very good friend and I pick up smoking cigars a few months ago. Really relaxing hobby that's fasho. Anyway, his birthday is coming up in about 3 weeks. I'd love to get us some special smokes....one in the morning, and after dinner. We really enjoy the Padron anniversary line. We haven't tried any aged Opus/CC yet. Budget is pretty flexible....medium/full bodied...any wrapper/size/etc.... So any suggestion would be fine. Or willing to hook a brother up would also be cool[​IMG]
    B's recommendations are sound. I'll add a few more: * Davidoff Maduros are amazing, hard to come by and expensive (that = special, right? [​IMG]) * I bought a lot of Tat Black Tubos, but haven't had one yet. The Red Tubos (Tat released red and black tubos this year) I have had and are really good. If you want to go this route I can help, my B&M went long on these and still have quite a few of each left. * Anejos - especially Sharks - are great, even better with some age on them * Opus - I don't care for fresh ones really, aged on the other hand are incredible. If you can find some of those jump on them. Despite what I just wrote I would get this: http://www.coronacigar.com/products/...r-sampler.html The Opus Forbidden X in there is one of the rarest cigars around and on its own is worth over $30. The La Aurora 100 Anos release 7 years ago, has some serious age on it and ought to be pretty damn good now. The Diamond Crown, Tempus and VSG are also stellar. The rest of them don't do much for me, but you could consider them freebies at that price. For the birthday I would smoke the La Aroura in the morning and the Opus after dinner
    fuck, i could go on for hours.
    Please do, this thread is falling apart, we need meaningful content.