Cigars

Discussion in 'Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel' started by hopkins_student, Nov 30, 2004.

1. ama

ama Senior member

Just cause there are not well liked here doesn't mean that you won't like them. That being said, why would you get a box without trying a couple first?

2. bdeuce22

bdeuce22 Senior member

Having an RP Fusion Robusto. These were my first box purchase, so about 4-5 years worth of age on them. Pretty damn fantastic.

3. P. Bateman

P. Bateman Senior member

Today ordered a box of the Indian RE Punch Platinos, SLB of 25 DC's, 600 boxes made 'supposedly'.

Nice. I posted my box a few pages back.

Mine is numbered out of 600, though the paper insert says it's a 2,000 box run. I've seen other boxes marked x/1000 and x/2000. India + Cuba = shitshow.

They sure are pretty sticks. I'm giving them a little nap and look forward to trying one soon.

4. jet

jet Persian Bro

V, glad you liked the CE. I'm now up to three full cabs and one half cab. Full retard with cigars and discretionary income.

Today ordered a box of the Indian RE Punch Platinos, SLB of 25 DC's, 600 boxes made 'supposedly'.

Dude you're an animal!

Today I smoked an 04 belicoso fino, flavor was really great but was somewhat plugged (or was it 02?). I got an 04 por larranga petit corona, an 02 jl panetela and a partagas culebra in it's own cedar presentation box I can't wait to smoke.

5. Krish the Fish

Krish the Fish Senior member

Just cause there are not well liked here doesn't mean that you won't like them. That being said, why would you get a box without trying a couple first?

The couple I had at my B&M were alright, but seemed like they'd get better with a bit of time on them. Hopefully I was right then, but chances are slim.

6. bdeuce22

bdeuce22 Senior member

mine yesterday had zero flavor. i got a clove taste every once in a while but few and far between. even my girlfriend said she couldn't really smell the smoke. not even sure why i smoked half of it.

rebounding with a 2006 anejo shark tonight.

7. ama

ama Senior member

The couple I had at my B&M were alright, but seemed like they'd get better with a bit of time on them. Hopefully I was right then, but chances are slim.

Trade/sell them now while they are still somewhat hot.

mine yesterday had zero flavor. i got a clove taste every once in a while but few and far between. even my girlfriend said she couldn't really smell the smoke. not even sure why i smoked half of it.

rebounding with a 2006 anejo shark tonight.

[​IMG] Aged Anejo's are def. in my top five favorite smokes.

8. fcuknu

fcuknu Senior member

Having an RP Fusion Robusto. These were my first box purchase, so about 4-5 years worth of age on them. Pretty damn fantastic.

Isn't that the best? When you find an old cheap cigar at the bottom of your humi that rocks. I remember I found some shit Henry clay cigar in the bottom of a humi that was covered in plume that was amazing

9. PartagasIV

PartagasIV Senior member

Smoked one of the new Partagas Serie D Especiale EL's this afternoon. Some cedar, leather, spice...nice flavors and not in a complete jawbreaker of a size. Gonna pick up another box when the prices come down a bit. Impressive, since the box is dated Feb '10.

10. bdeuce22

bdeuce22 Senior member

Delicious.

[​IMG]

11. gnatty8

gnatty8 Senior member

What do you guys think about Viaje? Smoking one right now, a robusto. Classic Nic. I also like the 50-50 very much. These things look good enough to eat. One of the finest looking wrappers I've seen.

12. pscolari

pscolari Senior member

What do you guys think about Viaje? Smoking one right now, a robusto. Classic Nic. I also like the 50-50 very much. These things look good enough to eat. One of the finest looking wrappers I've seen.

I really like them but haven't seen them in Boston in awhile. I am thinking about picking up a fiver of the Platino Reserva that NHC just got in. I prefer the Platino to the Oro. How is the 50/50?

13. ama

ama Senior member

Delicious.

[​IMG]

Looks great! Did it lighten up considerably or is that just the exposure?

I really like them but haven't seen them in Boston in awhile. I am thinking about picking up a fiver of the Platino Reserva that NHC just got in. I prefer the Platino to the Oro. How is the 50/50?

I've only smoked a few, but I also like the Platino more than the Oro. Only one B&M around here carries them and its kind of far away.

14. ama

ama Senior member

[​IMG]

Smoked one of these cause I finally have more on the way. [​IMG]

15. bdeuce22

bdeuce22 Senior member

just the sunlight. maybe a touch lighter than my 09 release, but who knows what that really means.

[​IMG]

Smoked one of these cause I finally have more on the way. [​IMG]

[​IMG]