Cigars

Discussion in 'Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel' started by hopkins_student, Nov 30, 2004.

1. ama

ama Senior member

B, I know younlike the series a, have you had the aaa? They're on http://joecigar.com now, they worth it?

ha. just saw the deal and pulled the trigger. never had one. i've lost about 2 dozen bids on cbid for 5 packs and/or boxes of the AAA. I've heard great things about them. Apparently it is a different blend than the run of the mill A, but everyone seems to like them more.

AAA's seem significantly stronger.

2. fcuknu

fcuknu Senior member

[​IMG] My favorite Opus to date. Perfect ash, draw, great balance

3. ama

ama Senior member

I've only had one of those and while I recall it being very good I don't think it was on par with a well aged Opus. Plus the price on those is insane. What size was that by the way?

4. fcuknu

fcuknu Senior member

35, toro. It was good, haven't really smoked an aged opus, everything I've had was recent release

5. bdeuce22

bdeuce22 Senior member

couldn't resist this gift from ama.

dark chocolate all around. nice kick ass start but mellowed out over time. fcuknu was right in that it does remind me of the t52s. price point is great for this cigar.

[​IMG]

6. fcuknu

fcuknu Senior member

Hahah god damn AMA passing my cigars along! This stick must feel like a whore. It's that gorgeous dark conneticut broadleaf wraper, so much flavor.

7. bdeuce22

bdeuce22 Senior member

it was really good. i'm impressed. shouldn't be that surprising coming from the pepin family.

me and ama just went apeshit on buying. splitting VR famosos, SLR As, and LP t52s.

me = [​IMG] girlfriend = [​IMG] [​IMG]

8. jet

jet Persian Bro

Smoked a 99 punch corona yesterday in addition to an 03 cuaba salomone.

Smoking an 09 vr famoso right now this is a fine cigar.

9. bdeuce22

bdeuce22 Senior member

I've read great things about the VRs hence why I bought some

10. ama

ama Senior member

35, toro. It was good, haven't really smoked an aged opus, everything I've had was recent release
    Get a couple of Opus, toss them in the bottom of your humi and forget about them for 5 - 8 years. Its worth it.
    couldn't resist this gift from ama. dark chocolate all around. nice kick ass start but mellowed out over time. fcuknu was right in that it does remind me of the t52s. price point is great for this cigar. [​IMG]
    Really damn good stick huh?
    Hahah god damn AMA passing my cigars along! This stick must feel like a whore. It's that gorgeous dark conneticut broadleaf wraper, so much flavor.
    [​IMG] [​IMG] WRONG! Look at the stick, that is a robusto! You sent me the fattest stick in the wold its like a robusto gordo, I can't even fit it in my mouth! They appeared in my B&M the day I got the package from you. No 7 - 20 - 4 here though.
    it was really good. i'm impressed. shouldn't be that surprising coming from the pepin family. me and ama just went apeshit on buying. splitting VR famosos, SLR As, and LP t52s. me = [​IMG] girlfriend = [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Seriously, don't tell my wife!

11. bdeuce22

bdeuce22 Senior member

Ha. Seriously. Thank god I get home from work before my girlfriend.

12. ama

ama Senior member

[​IMG]

Ehhhh. I've had better. Smoke was really creamy and mouth coating and there was good very sweet coco in the first third, but when that went away it was all flowers. Not so pleasing. I'd rather have a Lost City for the $$. Only saving grace was that I didn't pay for this, traded it Tat Red Tubo.

13. fcuknu

fcuknu Senior member

[​IMG] [​IMG] WRONG! Look at the stick, that is a robusto! You sent me the fattest stick in the wold its like a robusto gordo, I can't even fit it in my mouth! They appeared in my B&M the day I got the package from you. No 7 - 20 - 4 here

Haha I just figured b had huge fingers. Yeah I thought you'd like the BIG boy. Who the he'll makes cigars that big?

14. bdeuce22

bdeuce22 Senior member

Late night mc4. Need more soon. Down to 8 left from my 08 box

15. ama

ama Senior member

Haha I just figured b had huge fingers. Yeah I thought you'd like the BIG boy. Who the he'll makes cigars that big?
    Yea I don't know when of if I'll smoke that, might trade it away at the B&M to someone who fancies himself a "balla." I think I'd dislocate my jaw trying to finish it. edit: just looked it up, its a toro gordo 6 x 60. WTF???? Who smokes that shit?
    Late night mc4. Need more soon. Down to 8 left from my 08 box
    You don't say...[​IMG]