Cigars

Discussion in 'Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel' started by hopkins_student, Nov 30, 2004.

1. holymadness

holymadness Senior member

^beautiful and genius holymadness- I know you love me and all so can you assist me with some parisian cigar shops that have a web presence? Trying to do a little research if you can help me out, thanks.
    Web presence? I don't think there are any with websites. Not only that, but there are very few dedicated cigar shops; most are just 'tabacs', which are like cigarette/cigar/pipe tobacco shops that sometimes sell accessories and also things like gum/breath mints/etc. A few (like the Palais Royal civette or the tabac George V) are more dedicated to hobby smoking than others, but cigar smoking isn't really part of Parisian culture. If you let me know more about what it is you're researching I might be able to be more useful.

2. fcuknu

fcuknu Senior member

A Birthday Anejo on the Promenade in BK Heights [​IMG]

3. Naturlaut II

Naturlaut II Senior member

4. ama

ama Senior member

I can only store around 100 cigars at a time and need space for more. It makes it hard to buy by the box and forces me to smoke cigars before I'd like to in order to make more room.

Some of you guys have really impressive set ups! I need a way to store cigars out of the way since we live in a smaller space. Any ideas?

That Pelican case that I have can go pretty much anywhere, it works for me.

5. jet

jet Persian Bro

Had an excellent cigar from the house of habanos, man that was a great smoke and it changed profiles a couple times.

6. bdeuce22

bdeuce22 Senior member

fcuknu, i hope the anejo treated you better than the opus. happy belated.

terrible weather at my parent's lakehouse this weekend. no cigars were smoked. just got back and an mj12 sounded good.

[​IMG]

7. fcuknu

fcuknu Senior member

The anejo was fantastic, a little uneven burn due to the wind, but great flavor

8. bdeuce22

bdeuce22 Senior member

Good to hear. The 09 release of anejos have been smoking very very good.

9. ama

ama Senior member

Good to hear. The 09 release of anejos have been smoking very very good.
    Have you had an aged one, like 5+ years? They are sublime. Smoked a Padialla Miami and '32 cause I've got bunch more coming. Thanks fcuknu!

10. life_interrupts

life_interrupts Senior member

Had a Dominican Cohiba Esplendido last week and have a Cuban on tap for this week. I'll get back with the comparisons.

11. holymadness

holymadness Senior member

No smoking activity to report here, as I recently ordered a dress box which I was unpleasantly surprised to learn arrived at about 95% humidity. I put it in my humidor with the others and the ambient humidy shot from 70% up to around 89% overnight. I have just spent the last week getting things under control in there, will give things another week or two to settle down before having another smoke. [​IMG]

Thankfully I have a separate tupperdor for just these occasions. [​IMG]

12. bdeuce22

bdeuce22 Senior member

Had a Dominican Cohiba Esplendido last week and have a Cuban on tap for this week. I'll get back with the comparisons.

there is no such thing as a dominican cohiba esplendido. maybe it's a churchill, but they are not related. at all.

13. fcuknu

fcuknu Senior member

B, I know younlike the series a, have you had the aaa? They're on http://joecigar.com now, they worth it?

14. bdeuce22

bdeuce22 Senior member

ha. just saw the deal and pulled the trigger. never had one. i've lost about 2 dozen bids on cbid for 5 packs and/or boxes of the AAA. I've heard great things about them. Apparently it is a different blend than the run of the mill A, but everyone seems to like them more.

15. jobro

jobro Senior member

Had a Padilla '68 today... needed one or two touchups but other than that not bad. Thanks ama!