Cigars

Discussion in 'Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel' started by hopkins_student, Nov 30, 2004.

1. bdeuce22

bdeuce22 Senior member

had the AF 858 maduro tonight

this had some decent age to it. was very good. not overly complex or anything, but what do you expect from a $4 smoke. the wrapper has some of the same characteristics as the anejos, which i like a lot.

i'd put it up there with the padron x000 series as a good every day smoke.

[​IMG]

2. ama

ama Senior member

3. jerrybrowne

jerrybrowne Senior member

How much space do you guys have in your humidors?

4. ama

ama Senior member

[​IMG] Queen B courtesy for bdeuce. Little bit of pepper at first, but was mostly a woody and leathery stick. I liked it, but not as much as the Rosado R52. Interestingly and slightly annoyingly there was a vein the the wrapper that was so pronounced that it wouldn't burn on its own and need to be torched every half inch or so. One can kind of see it on the left side of the cigar, it continued like that all the way down.
    I have a 150 ct. (I think...) a Pelican case like one of these: http://www.armoredhumidor.com/ that hold 40+ sticks and a locker at my B&M that stores around 100 cigars. You?

5. bdeuce22

bdeuce22 Senior member

[​IMG] can fit 150 in the desktop. 400 or so in the fridge (probably more once i get the custom drawers) and i have a cooler set up still with random sticks that can hold another 400 or so. fuck........this made me realize that i have about 500-600 cigars. [​IMG]
    [​IMG] Queen B courtesy for bdeuce. Little bit of pepper at first, but was mostly a woody and leathery stick. I liked it, but not as much as the Rosado R52. Interestingly and slightly annoyingly there was a vein the the wrapper that was so pronounced that it wouldn't burn on its own and need to be torched every half inch or so. One can kind of see it on the left side of the cigar, it continued like that all the way down.
    annoying about the vein.

6. holymadness

holymadness Senior member

[​IMG]
    can fit 150 in the desktop. 400 or so in the fridge (probably more once i get the custom drawers) and i have a cooler set up still with random sticks that can hold another 400 or so.

fuck........this made me realize that i have about 500-600 cigars. [​IMG]

I believe I saw this rig on puff.

Just some perspective because I am bored:

If each of your sticks cost around $5 on average, your collection cost you ~ $2,500. That's the cost of a RLPL cashmere sportcoat at full retail, or 3-4 of them on B&S. You could also fly to Europe and back two or three times for that, depending on where you live. It would pay 1/10th of one year's tuition if your child went to GW. If you had invested that money in Apple stock in the year 2000, your shares would be worth $19,347.06 today.

It also means you could smoke one cigar every weekend for 9.6 years without having to buy any new ones.

If you drink with your cigars, assuming two shots (90mL) of liquor per smoke, you would need 60 fifths of rum/cognac to go with all your smokes. Or if you're a beer man, forty-one 24-packs (assuming 2 bottles per smoke).

If you post a picture and a review every single time you smoke one of your cigars, your singlehanded contribution to this thread will rise from 11.6% of all its posts to a maximum of 22.9% (though unlikely since that assumes no one else would have posted in the meantime, which is pretty depressing).

7. xpress

xpress Senior member

I believe I saw this rig on puff.

Just some perspective because I am bored:

If each of your sticks cost around $5 on average, your collection cost you ~ $2,500. That's the cost of a RLPL cashmere sportcoat at full retail, or 3-4 of them on B&S. You could also fly to Europe and back two or three times for that, depending on where you live. It would pay 1/10th of one year's tuition if your child went to GW. If you had invested that money in Apple stock in the year 2000, your shares would be worth $19,347.06 today.

It also means you could smoke one cigar every weekend for 9.6 years without having to buy any new ones.

If you drink with your cigars, assuming two shots (90mL) of liquor per smoke, you would need 60 fifths of rum/cognac to go with all your smokes. Or if you're a beer man, forty-one 24-packs (assuming 2 bottles per smoke).

If you post a picture and a review every single time you smoke one of your cigars, your singlehanded contribution to this thread will rise from 11.6% of all its posts to a maximum of 22.9% (though unlikely since that assumes no one else would have posted in the meantime, which is pretty depressing).

Thank you!
    [​IMG]

8. jobro

jobro Senior member

More likely 2 and a half years if he smokes four a week, which is quite reasonable considering some probably need to sit a while. Thanks for the facts though, I really appreciate statistics.

9. powers.sm

powers.sm Well-Known Member

anyone have experience with getting cigars shipped from Europe to the US? I was considering the Decent Cigar Emporium. Euro is week and reduction in cost (minus 21 percent VAT), makes it fairly appealing.

10. jet

jet Persian Bro

I have a lowly daniel marshall 165 ct burl walnut desktop and a small travel humi.

[​IMG]

except mine has a digital hygrometer

11. P. Bateman

P. Bateman Senior member

I can store ~700.

[​IMG]

Old phonograph cabinet I converted. Also built my own digital hygro the tweets and controls a humidifier [​IMG]

12. jet

jet Persian Bro

^beautiful and genius

holymadness- I know you love me and all so can you assist me with some parisian cigar shops that have a web presence? Trying to do a little research if you can help me out, thanks.

13. jerrybrowne

jerrybrowne Senior member

I have a 150 ct. (I think...) a Pelican case like one of these: http://www.armoredhumidor.com/ that hold 40+ sticks and a locker at my B&M that stores around 100 cigars. You?

I can only store around 100 cigars at a time and need space for more. It makes it hard to buy by the box and forces me to smoke cigars before I'd like to in order to make more room.

Some of you guys have really impressive set ups! I need a way to store cigars out of the way since we live in a smaller space. Any ideas?

14. bdeuce22

bdeuce22 Senior member

Had an lp t52 and enjoying a RASS right now. Despite these being young, they are smoking so good right now. Enjoying watching some thunderstorms roll through.

15. jet

jet Persian Bro

Smoked an 07 por larranga robusto asia pacific edition, strong and very flowery tasting it was pretty interesting.

Up for the weekend a punch corona from 99 and an 03 cuaba salomone.