Cigars

Discussion in 'Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel' started by hopkins_student, Nov 30, 2004.

1. fcuknu

fcuknu Senior member

2. bdeuce22

bdeuce22 Senior member

It's weird, I always saw AF cigars as mostly shit. Of course there is the opus/anejo ( I actually never tried an anejo until this year). I always had an affinity to boutique cigars. I always see you're smoking a good amount of Fuente, anyhing I should try?
    I was in the same boat as you with Fuente. When I first started smoking cigars, I had a few that I didn't care for. I was turned off by them except for the occasional opus, even then I wasn't a big fan. to be fair, I wasn't educated enough on cigars in general, so i really don't remember what vitola, line, etc. I read really good reviews of the sungrown line and decided to try one. my favorite of the bunch is either the queen b or the chateau. it's close. boxes can be had for cheap, so the value is definitely there for an every day cigar. I've also liked the rosado sungrown line that was released late last year. the vitolas are generally outside of your sweet spot, but the r52 is really good. the hemingway and don carlos were ok. worth trying once or twice, but i don't think i'd pay the premium. For all of them though, you can tell the tobacco is really good. I can tell that every blend (Anejo, opus, sungrown, etc) all have the same characteristics, so that's why i've been on such a kick lately. it was interesting to me to taste the differences between the line up. i have a handful of singles of the whole AF lineup that i will try over the course of next week. maybe tonight will be the maduro 858.
    http://www.cigarsinternational.com/html/spec_wkly.asp Padilla 1932 for 3.50 each
    sweet baby jesus. in for a couple.

3. blazingazn

blazingazn Senior member

I love the Cubans.

I've tried Non-Cubans, but I always come back.

I enjoy as a cheap ass smoke Jose L. Piedra

4. jet

jet Persian Bro

siglo IVs are on my try list. the VI tubos i've had are pretty damn good.

Dude 09s are smoking great right now, so much nicer than my early 08s. The size was perfect too.

Should I cop 1932 robustos?

5. bdeuce22

bdeuce22 Senior member

At sub $4 you can't go wrong. I still have 18 or so around and still will pick up another 10 maybe 20. It is a great cigar. ci seems to get ridiculous prices on padillas.

6. dmash

dmash Senior member

Gentleman, how are you?

Quick question for you. I'm wanting to pick up a cigar cutter for my old man as a present on father's day as he's a pretty avid smoker. I was suggested the Xikar Xi3 by a friend of mine who also smokes a fair bit. Is this a good cutter for the price? I would be paying $55 for a brand new one. I am open to any suggestions though! Thanks in advance.

7. bdeuce22

bdeuce22 Senior member

I have a xikar xi3 STK. I love it. at $55, it is a great value. another widely recognized and liked cutter is Palio. They can be had for a similar price as the Xikar. I like the Xikar more because of the metal body. It has a nice weight to it which makes it feel more substantial that the palio.

8. jet

jet Persian Bro

Love my zino cutter with built in sharpener, davidoff I want is too baller for my wallet.

B, how long is that 1932 special for? Are they good or great, I've been smoking some awesome CCs lately so I'm only sticking to my regular NCs.

9. dmash

dmash Senior member

Love my zino cutter with built in sharpener, davidoff I want is too baller for my wallet. B, how long is that 1932 special for? Are they good or great, I've been smoking some awesome CCs lately so I'm only sticking to my regular NCs.
    Did you just say something was too baller for your wallet?!?!?! and I'll check out the Zino too. Thanks for the feedback guys.

10. fcuknu

fcuknu Senior member

I would say the 1932s have the potential to be great. Gotta humidify them when they come from ci and age them a bit. I would stock up for 3.5 each.

11. jet

jet Persian Bro

Did you just say something was too baller for your wallet?!?!?!

and I'll check out the Zino too. Thanks for the feedback guys.

Bro it's 350 for a cutter, a whole new spectrum of ballerdom.

fcuknu- My bank account hates you brother.

12. bdeuce22

bdeuce22 Senior member

davidoffs are really nice. i almost thought about buying a extend cutter/lighter set before i got just the lighter, but that was a crazy price too.

i'm loving that wolf v cutter i bought for cheap. perfect for golfing and fat ass ring gauges.

V, the padillas are most def worth $3.75/stick. DO IT!! i'm not 100% sure when their weekly specials switch over.

13. dmash

dmash Senior member

Well...while I've got you guys on the subject of cigar 'accessories' what about a nice butane lighter too? Might just do a combo for my old man, really get him good : )

14. Krish the Fish

Krish the Fish Senior member

depends on how much you want to spend. I had a Xikar (Executive) and it treated me well. I now have an S.T. Dupont MaxiJet, which is a great lighter, but very pricey as well. Xikar makes great quality stuff, so if you want to spend under $100, my recommendation is a Xikar.

One thing: Vector Butane is great stuff. If you do get him a lighter, get him a can of Vector also. From my personal experience, it has made my lighters much more reliable than with the (plastic nozzled) Colibri can I was using.

15. pitboss12

pitboss12 Senior member

Just ordered some of the Padillas @CI. When I started reading this thread, I didn't think it would affect my bank account like MC does.

I think I'll have a Partagas Black Label Maximo while I ponder it.