Cigars

Discussion in 'Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel' started by hopkins_student, Nov 30, 2004.

1. fcuknu

fcuknu Senior member

hahahah, I think 500 for a box is usually too much, let alone per cigar.

How did you get the nestors for 20 bucks, one day deal?

2. bdeuce22

bdeuce22 Senior member

yeah, one day deal or even one of those jambalaya things where they sell cigars cheap and once they are gone, another deal pops up. cigar forum nerds get so giddy when they see LP 52s or 9s come up for $34.99/5 pack.

3. fcuknu

fcuknu Senior member

i need a push notification once these sick deals come in. Usually its such shit. I did get a box of cab maduros from CI for like 80 or 90 bucks last week (thanks to ama)

4. bdeuce22

bdeuce22 Senior member

yeah that would be awesome to have push notifications on a CI app. my productivity on certain days would go to 0, not that it's high to begin with since i'm at work posting this.

i also retract my statement that jet is the biggest baller of them. his made in france dupont doesn't have shit on a box of Cohiba 40ths.

5. P. Bateman

P. Bateman Senior member

[​IMG]

These just came in

I'm confused. Did you buy the 40th anniversary box from 2006 (in your photo), or the 2010 re-release with different bands and boxes which go for about $40/ea (see below)?

[​IMG]

6. fcuknu

fcuknu Senior member

Hahahah neither, it was just a joke. I was referring to the original behikes. The new be hikes do look interesting, but the ring gauges suck.

7. jerrybrowne

jerrybrowne Senior member

Having a My Father #4- really great smoke. Don't normally like lanceros, but this one was both sweet and complex with a hint of cinnamon and honey believe it or not. Didn't burn hot like many lanceros often do. Would recommend.

8. bdeuce22

bdeuce22 Senior member

Hahahah neither, it was just a joke. I was referring to the original behikes. The new be hikes do look interesting, but the ring gauges suck.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

9. fcuknu

fcuknu Senior member

If i was buying $20k boxes of cigars i would never buy anything from ci [​IMG]. I think 30 dollars is pretty ridiculous for the padron anni series. It's well known in the industry that even the most expensive well made cigars cap out at around 1-2 dollars in cost per cigar. This excludes ghimick cigars like gurkas Louis 13 bullshit. I remember when i liked those... Oh the horror.

10. bdeuce22

bdeuce22 Senior member

If i was buying $20k boxes of cigars i would never buy anything from ci [​IMG].

I think 30 dollars is pretty ridiculous for the padron anni series. It's well known in the industry that even the most expensive well made cigars cap out at around 1-2 dollars in cost per cigar. This excludes ghimick cigars like gurkas Louis 13 bullshit. I remember when i liked those... Oh the horror.

touchÃ[​IMG].

11. P. Bateman

P. Bateman Senior member

I am so tempted to scoop a box of 15 Cohiba GRs for $1,500, but that would not be prudent. I would, however, be down for a box split [​IMG]

12. PartagasIV

PartagasIV Senior member

Having tried a couple GR's, I think your $100/stick is much better spent buying well-kept vintage stock with excellent provenance (ie 1991 RyJ Churchills, 1985 Epi #2's, etc. from JJ Fox, etc). That said if you picked up a GR box, I'd take a few.

13. jet

jet Persian Bro

Smoked an 09 siglo iv, damn such a good smoke.

Also copped a bolivar alemania from I don't know when and an old partagas lonsdale. Also an unbanded from house of something something haha.

14. bdeuce22

bdeuce22 Senior member

siglo IVs are on my try list. the VI tubos i've had are pretty damn good.

had a AF don carlos 4 last night. meh. subtle sweetness from the cameroon wrapper, but that's about it. would get MC4s and pocket the spare $$$ any day of the week over these.

15. fcuknu

fcuknu Senior member

It's weird, I always saw AF cigars as mostly shit. Of course there is the opus/anejo ( I actually never tried an anejo until this year). I always had an affinity to boutique cigars. I always see you're smoking a good amount of Fuente, anyhing I should try?