Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Cigars

Discussion in 'Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel' started by hopkins_student, Nov 30, 2004.

1. ama

ama Senior member

Plain old brown label, terrific cigar.. I use the Xikar pre-packed humipacks that you just add their PG solution to, and they seem to work alright, once I got past the whole idea that creating humidity with a chemical named propylene glycol (sp?) was not a bad thing..
    I was using the Xikar package, but I found that it was over humidifying my cigars. The Heartfelt beads or Boveda packs work better. I use either 65% beads or 65% packs, not 70%.
    Heartfelt beads are a godsend for desktop humis. I love mine. I've heard that the heartfelts can have a harder time regulating RH in a larger cabinet sized humidor, even when quantities are adjusted for cubic feet. I can't really verify that, but it's what I've heard. Still, I love mine and recommend them every chance I get.
    I think the problem in a lot of people's larger cabinets isn't improper or inadequate humidification, its lack of air movement. The best setups I've seen are ones that have a little fan or two to move the air around. I agree on the Heartfelts though, they are great. I've got a puck and four tubes.

2. bdeuce22

bdeuce22 Senior member

Anyone have a good rec on a single or double cigar tube/case. I want something a little more portable than my 3 finger xikar. Metal. Leather. Doesn't matter

3. ama

ama Senior member

4. pitboss12

pitboss12 Senior member

[​IMG]

That's insane. It makes me feel bad that I only had time for an AF Hemingway Short Story.[​IMG]

5. jet

jet Persian Bro

Started off with a v maduro the draw on this was much better and I nubbed the shit out of it, probably the best oliva.

Capped off the bbq with an 08 psd4, excellent flavor probably my fav cc right now.

6. lemmywinks

lemmywinks Senior member

What is a fitting cigar for a first cigar? The only thing i've smoked before was hookah and weed.

7. bdeuce22

bdeuce22 Senior member

Stuff like this? I have a couple of things on this page, they work.

http://stores.cigarsolutions.com/-st...Categories.bok

those are interesting. i was thinking of something more like a leather covered tube, but those might be perfect for my trip to vegas.

Started off with a v maduro the draw on this was much better and I nubbed the shit out of it, probably the best oliva.

08 or 09? i had both over the weekend. side by side. slight nod to the 09.

8. Krish the Fish

Krish the Fish Senior member

Heartfelt beads are a godsend for desktop humis. I love mine. I've heard that the heartfelts can have a harder time regulating RH in a larger cabinet sized humidor, even when quantities are adjusted for cubic feet. I can't really verify that, but it's what I've heard. Still, I love mine and recommend them every chance I get.
    +1 on HF beads. I have 2 large tubes & 2 medium tubes of 65% sitting in my humi right now, and for the most part, I don't even have to worry about the RH in there being much out of the 63-68% range. Had a Liga Privada T52 rob yesterday. Good smoke, but not as good as the No. 9 imo, of which I coincidentally have a box shipping to me right now. Actually that reminds me, my purchases of cigars over the weekend: Liga Privada No. 9 Robusto La Flor Dominicana DL-660 Maduro My Father Le Bijou 1922 Grand Robusto CAO Brazilia Gol! CAO Mx2 Robusto & a Nub 460 sampler from Famous Smoke Shop. (also bought 4 bottles of Hermes frag, GIT, Philosykos, & Galliano candle & room spray. it was a great weekend) It's going to be a good summer.
    What is a fitting cigar for a first cigar? The only thing i've smoked before was hookah and weed.
    I would say something milder. Try the CAO La Traviata and see how you like it. Not too expensive either. I know a lot of people (my buddies) try to rush into smoking cigars headfirst, and end up coughing and vomiting and stuff. Remember: if you're smoking something with a lot of body, eat first.

9. fcuknu

fcuknu Senior member

yeah, I wouldnt recommend smoking something too light (and flavorless) like an Ashton White Label, or most Macanudos. If I smoked them first I would be totally put off. I think its key to get something balanced and flavorful with medium body.

10. jet

jet Persian Bro

08 or 09? i had both over the weekend. side by side. slight nod to the 09.

09 of course

Does anyone use 2 or 3 finger cigar cases when they go out? There are times when I don't even want to take my travel humidor out with me and when I stuff a couple cigars in my jacket no matter how careful I am they're still too delicate to not get messed up. I smoke mainly robusto size sticks but do smoke toro sized as well so should I just cop the toro 2 finger case so the robustos will fit as well? Maybe if it's too big the robustos will have too much play inside? Looking for some insight into things I may not have considered or run into when using these things sorry for the overthinking and inane questions gents.

11. bdeuce22

bdeuce22 Senior member

i use my 3 finger xikar all the time when i go out. i make my girlfriend tote it around in her bag when we go out, however, i am in the market for a smaller one when it's just me. the xikar is too bulky to carry in my pockets. if she isn't around to carry it, i usually don't have a cigar because it's not ideal to carry around the whole night.

i like the idea of those plastic ones ama posted above, especially for those times where i don't want to worry about making sure i have all my belongings. i might pick some cheap tubes up and toss them after i'm done. at $1.49/tube you can't really go wrong tossing them. i really like that idea when i go to Vegas in a couple months. the last thing i want to do while gambling/drinking/getting lap dances is worrying about my cigar accessories. i'd be so mad at myself for losing my dupont or xikar cutter etc.

i still am in the market for a really nice leather or metal tube to complement the xikar case i have. be cool if LV had one in damier graphite or something like that. totally ridiculous, but i'd buy one.

i don't know how you go around with your travel humi to bars. isn't that real cumbersome toting it around all the time?

12. jet

jet Persian Bro

The way I roll is dupont and zino cutter on me at all times. If I'm at the house I'll use matches since that's my preferred method and when I leave I load up the travel humi which holds about 10sticks. That gets tossed in the car and only comes out if we're at a coffee shop or someone's house for hours. I don't carry that with me to any other places so I'll stick cigars in my jacket or shirt pocket to have on me at bars, lounges etc. but that's when they get messed up (or even to work). The 2 finger case I want for that purpose, 3 is getting too bulky plus if I am going to take 3 I would probably take the dunhill instead hence the need for only a two stick case (3 kind of defeats the purpose of portability to me). Just not sure if I should get a robusto or toro though I am leaning towards a toro sized small leather case. I don't like the idea of tossing plastic which ends up in a landfill.

There was a sick goyard one but those morons want like a thousand dollars because the garbage pattern is hand painted live I care about that.

13. bdeuce22

bdeuce22 Senior member

ahh gotcha. that makes sense with the travel humi.

i'd rather soil a landfill with a small plastic tube than ruin a perfectly good cigar. i've crushed too many in my days.

i remember seeing a bunch of nice accessories in CA in their dec09 issue. there is a baller section that had goyard, hermes, etc. accessories. the cases were $1000 or something fucking ridiculous

14. jet

jet Persian Bro

ya the price on goyard stuff is retarded you're just paying for handwork not craftsmanship

will keep you posted on my findings

15. fcuknu

fcuknu Senior member

But all those dots are hand painted!