1. In 2018. by way of thanks for being a part of this community, we'll be choosing 16 active members of our community at random to receive a special gift and a gift certificate for one of our affiliate vendors, to represent each of our 16 years.

Fok and the Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Cigars

Discussion in 'Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel' started by hopkins_student, Nov 30, 2004.

1. jet

jet Persian Bro

Smoked a 64 that was very nice.

Also had an 07 bolivar corona extra I think it was, great great smoke.

2. fcuknu

fcuknu Distinguished Member

How was the reserve? I also love boradleaf.

It was fantastic, a lot better than the habano. Great5 dollar cigar.

I also had a few Jaime Garica Especial reservas, WOW. If you like the T52, you'll love this. Gorgeous dark conneticut broadleaf wrapper, perfect white ash. This is one of my favorites, and they're a lot cheaper

3. ACDoyle

ACDoyle Senior Member

Cigarking is having a 20% off their 5 packs
    Code: md520

Thouhg tof trying out the CAO brazilias and the Illusione Epernay

4. fcuknu

[​IMG] My stash for Memorial Day Weekend at the shore house. From left to right weve got: Jaime Garcia: awsome cigar, most of the guys on here will love these. Nosotros by Illusione: A little light for me, but most illusiones are. The larger ring gauge ones are usually better in my experience. 7 20 4: Great cigar, very well made, gorgeous wrapper. AF Anejo Shark: Havent smoked a shark yet, got this from B because his Red Wings lost, looking forward to it. Ambos Mundos (By PJ): have a few of them in there, havent tried any yet. Cabaiguan Guopos Maduro: got a box from CI for like 90 bucks after I bought a 5 pack from NHC for like 50 (oops). Still one of my favorite cigars. I love the broadleaf maduro wrapper Bolivar Royal Coronas: Scored a box of 2006s from a guy I know. TEB May06 I believe. 06 was when they won cigar of the year from CA. I thought they would be smoking better than they are. Still a little rough around the edges, need another 6 months.

5. ama

ama Distinguished Member

Wow, that is quite a weekend! Any of that going to male it back to the City?

[​IMG]
    My stash for Memorial Day Weekend at the shore house. From left to right weve got:

Jaime Garcia: awsome cigar, most of the guys on here will love these.
    Nosotros by Illusione: A little light for me, but most illusiones are. The larger ring gauge ones are usually better in my experience.
    7 20 4: Great cigar, very well made, gorgeous wrapper.
    AF Anejo Shark: Havent smoked a shark yet, got this from B because his Red Wings lost, looking forward to it.
    Ambos Mundos (By PJ): have a few of them in there, havent tried any yet.
    Cabaiguan Guopos Maduro: got a box from CI for like 90 bucks after I bought a 5 pack from NHC for like 50 (oops). Still one of my favorite cigars. I love the broadleaf maduro wrapper
    Bolivar Royal Coronas: Scored a box of 2006s from a guy I know. TEB May06 I believe. 06 was when they won cigar of the year from CA. I thought they would be smoking better than they are. Still a little rough around the edges, need another 6 months.

6. fcuknu

hahah, Im actually smoking a lot less than I thought I would be. Some of them are gonna be coming your way (once I get those other ones back... I wonder what happened to them?)

7. Girardian

Girardian Distinguished Member

Poker night on Friday -- one Ramon Allones regional edition Asia Pacific, one Cohiba Siglo I, and one H Upmann Magnum 46. Rum selections "on tap" included Zafra 21 Year Old, Flor de Cana 12, Diplomatico Exclusivo, and a few others. A solid night.

8. bdeuce22

bdeuce22 Distinguished Member

My view while enjoying an anejo shark. Going to have an anejo 48 later. [​IMG]

9. leftover_salmon

leftover_salmon Senior Member

Pic of the 45th Anniversary Padron I smoked after graduating a couple weeks ago. Look at that ash! [​IMG]

10. gnatty8

gnatty8 Distinguished Member

[​IMG]

Good god man, did you have any time for eating, sleeping or drinking??

What are those little humi-packs you've got there? You like?

11. jet

jet Persian Bro

bbq yesterday
    no9 churchill
    09 petit edmundo, this was excellent

bbq today
    not sure yet will update later

12. gnatty8

Smoked a few great cigars over the weekend that I had not tried before, including Tatuaje Churchill (excellent) and a Cubao Maduro robusto. Had another horrible Illusione No. 2 but I am chalking it up to poor (too much) humidification, since this used to be one of my favorite cigars.

13. ama

ama Distinguished Member

Those are Boveda Humipacks and they are great. I use either those or Heartfelt beads exclusively. It is about one pack per 25 cigars plus one for the humi. They ought to last 2 - 3 months at a minimum and run $4 - 5 per pack.

Which Tat did you smoke? I smoked a few good cigars this weekend, but there is still one more left so I'll report after all is said and done.

14. gnatty8

Those are Boveda Humipacks and they are great. I use either those or Heartfelt beads exclusively. It is about one pack per 25 cigars plus one for the humi. They ought to last 2 - 3 months at a minimum and run $4 - 5 per pack.

Which Tat did you smoke? I smoked a few good cigars this weekend, but there is still one more left so I'll report after all is said and done.

Plain old brown label, terrific cigar.. I use the Xikar pre-packed humipacks that you just add their PG solution to, and they seem to work alright, once I got past the whole idea that creating humidity with a chemical named propylene glycol (sp?) was not a bad thing..

15. kwilkinson

kwilkinson Having a Ball

Heartfelt beads are a godsend for desktop humis. I love mine. I've heard that the heartfelts can have a harder time regulating RH in a larger cabinet sized humidor, even when quantities are adjusted for cubic feet. I can't really verify that, but it's what I've heard. Still, I love mine and recommend them every chance I get.